Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

yeah. though i park in a pretty open lot, near a main road, with decent foot traffic, and next to a black church

If it's the lot I'm thinking of yours isn't the only car that's been done to there either in the past week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Clinton team already putting out "Pence: Trump didn't say those things he said" style articles on their FB page, so I imagine they'll have that in video from by tomorrow.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

fyi when hillary became secretary of state, she actually made it a lot easier for trans people to change the name and gender marker on their passports than it had been before.

Right, Hillary as Secretary of State is the reason Trans people are able to put their preferred gender on passports without needing surgery first, and the UN stating that "LBGT rights are human rights."

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Uh, Wheeling is WV

Ohio can have Wheeling and its lovely everything is a one way street layout. (As long as we get to keep Coleman's)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
As bad as Trump's melting down right now I can't help but be lightly arzying that things are looking too lopsided and somehow Clinton is going to gently caress up at the debate in some manner. Maybe it's just from how poorly Kaine looked being way too eager to be on the attack.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I'm in a state that will never in a million years go for Clinton planned from the start to vote. I'm kind of hoping some sort of follow up story breaks tomorrow though just to guarantee Trump spends the night before the debate up until 5am coked up and tweeting.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
She played it way too passively, and fumbled a couple questions. He was just dreadfully awful on the early stuff about the tape and talking to the Muslim woman, but he finished strong enough for immediate response to be a win.

He said a lot of things though that are already going to look really bad in any post-debate attack ads though, especially if a second audio tape drops.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

disjoe posted:

They're saying he may have won while simultaneously playing over and over his absolute worst moments during the debate.

And those moments were bad.

Yeah, his worst moments were just abysmal but he ended will enough for media to briefly forget about those moments.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Phone posted:

Thank god Trump has the "murdered a black youth" vote.

The FOP already endorsed him almost a month ago.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

lozzle posted:

My mother is adamant that Trump's campaign began in earnest as a response to being humiliated by President Obama at the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

She's probably right.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ok this thread is moving way too fast for me the last couple days.

Any big events/articles dropped today? Last bit I had caught up to was Obama laying some sick burns on Trump at a speech today.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

computer parts posted:

And he said something to the effect of "She wouldn't be my first choice to molest, just look at her".

Ok now you're just loving with me.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

OxySnake posted:

As a fan of Minnesota sports, I have learned better then to not worry until the final call is made.

Don't worry, it's just a chip shot.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

zonohedron posted:

This was the point at which I had to stop actually listening to the debate last night, because I keep oscillating between not voting / writing in 'none of the above' / voting for Clinton every time I'm reminded that she isn't remotely anti-abortion. I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't a choice between a suboptimal but anti-abortion candidate and a better but not anti-abortion candidate, where I would vote for the suboptimal one every time, but a choice between a megalomaniac who's only anti-abortion to get votes and an actually good candidate who happens to disagree with me on the one issue I think is most important. :smith:

(I haven't asked, but I know people who were planning not to vote who might have been convinced to vote for the megalomaniac because of Clinton's calm, reasonable, emphatic support of abortion remaining legal and accessible. So not all of the votes he acquires will be from overtly, proudly racist asshats; some will be from obliviously racist voters who are trying very hard to ignore Trump's racism.)

The candidate that will result in less abortions happening is Clinton.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

I guess then we should have an election thread for people who want to read about and discuss election news and don't have any interest in hearing crowbeak's retrograde social views?

We have an entire subforum for the election.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Banana Man posted:

What was the context of this reaction

The moment Trump went from doing ok to beginning a Bannon-written rant basically.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

That, and also that she creates vulnerable spots and then hammers away at them so that you get things like Trump melting down after 30 minutes of her kicking his metaphorical thigh as hard as she can

Yeah, a lot of her jabs when she's doing stuff like this are things that wouldn't get the big laughs Obama could get, but you could tell they're really meant to get under the skin of who she's ripping on.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Nessus posted:

I believe the entire Assange argument is that the Swedes would release him to the Americans who would immediately black bag him to a site to torture him forever in order to reinforce the anti-terrorism field that absolutely, positively require we beat up a bunch of Afghanis in our Cuban naval prison.

While it is an understandable fear, I do not believe that the US has actually stated a desire to do this. As I understand it, Assange quite possibly has not done anything actually illegal under American law, or has, at least, not be charged for it. He didn't steal the information, he just released it.

Yeah, he's just the outlet the people the US would actually want to go after are using to release stuff.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Crain posted:

poo poo about conservative WV relatives.

This is heartbreaking as gently caress, especially since as someone who grew up in a rural WV community, I know too many people who could probably change a dozen words at most of this and have it apply to a portion of their family. My dad, his two brothers, his father, both of my mom's brother's, and her father all worked in the mines. All but my father were deeply conservative, and all except my mom's youngest brother died before hitting 60, and his health isn't expected to hold out for more than 3-4 years at best. Three of my cousins my age or younger are already working in the mines, and I know two of them have already struggled with drug addictions.

As I child I heard one of my uncles claim once that if the liberals had their way they'd shut down the coal mines. I remember praying every night for that to happen.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

boner confessor posted:

how about i dont do your legwork for you and just point out it's stupid as gently caress to whine about taxes when you do something as extreme and ridiculous as willingly giving up your united states citizenship

Considering its Kilroy you're arguing with you'd also need to confirm that any of those individuals don't live in a red state since if they do who gives a gently caress what happens to them anyway.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Kilroy are the majority of people that want to renounce to avoid taxes more likely to vote red or blue while they're still citizens I need to know whether I should give a gently caress about them or not.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kilroy posted:

*shrugs* I live in the US now so none of this affects me anymore, and my assets aren't enough at this point in time that I'd be in a lot of trouble even if I did renounce. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to point out how stupid it all is.

glad to know you're so upset for my calling red states out for what they are upset you this much. I hope you're losing sleep over it

No one's losing sleep over you being elitist garbage.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kilroy posted:

:psyduck: you're an expat before you renounce in 99% of cases, obviously

I think I'm just going to have to step back as it's clear almost no one in this thread has the first loving idea what they're talking about. I didn't expect USPOL would also harbor the same attitudes toward loving over US citizens overseas that the general population does, but I set my expectations too high in this case.

As opposed to you who are just fine loving over millions of US citizens living here.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

So what exactly happens if the house attempts to impeach on day one of Hilldawg's presidency? We're more likely than not going to have a Democrat Senate, but if the Senate was still GOP, and this situation occurred, what would happen?

Nothing, takes 67 Senate votes for removal.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Early voting done, +1 to dem candidates in WV. Really did not like having to vote for Jim Justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Non Serviam posted:

Which she refused to release. Even Senator Warren sees her as being in the pocket of wall street.
This is the turd sandwich we gotta eat basically, but it's a scummy candidate.

Actually she is a good candidate and I'm enthusiastic enough about her being president that I went to early vote for the first time despite being in a state that in no reality could be considered a swing state.

• Locked thread