Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

My favorite was implying Jill "wifi hurts us" Stein as a better option than Hillary.

She never said that.

Hillary is terrible and, based on what John Podesta said to the UAE ambassador to the US just 3 days ago, wants to kill Iranians.

Trump is worse, therefore the best option is for Hillary to win but relentlessly rally public pressure for her to not do evil things.

You don't need to reflexively defend her, or try to assassinate the character of Jill Stein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

SimonCat posted:

Yeah, her and Bush were on the same page. I completely reject the idea that she didn't know and was duped by the Bush administration. She spent 8 years in Washington as the wife of the president and was heavily involved in his administration. She was then elected as a Senator. For her to then claim that she was somehow caught unaware doesn't hold water.

And yeah, I read the entire speech, and it illustrates another of the things I don't like about her, the non-answer answer that can be mined to support any position.

She approved a Dick Cheney sanctioned war. Anyone who argues against the fact that she didn't know the implications is really just denying her agency as an adult person.

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009
To the three people that jumped on me for daring to defend Jill Stein... did you watch the linked video? She never said "wifi hurts us". She makes a broad point that we should be more careful about what we expose our population to until it is better understood.

There is no conclusive evidence on the safety of wi-fi. Perhaps we shouldn't have it in children's schools where the internet connection could just as easily be wired.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24162060

If you have school access check it out. It is a very thorough look into wi-fi and health. The conclusion is that we do not know enough to make a firm conclusion. I doubt it is dangerous but the fact that there is no hard science either way tells me to keep my mind open on this one for now.

This is infinitely better than enabling the murder of Iraqis anyways... just saying.

• Locked thread