Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I just realized how many people are going to dress up as Donald Trump and carry around a blowup doll labeled Hillary at parties this Halloween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

A coworker was drunk texting me last night a surprisingly involved essay comparing Donald Trump to Hercule and Hannity to the little reporter who follows him around.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Does anyone have a link to a reputable site that keeps a tab of the accusations that Trump cheats his employees? Googling around I find a lot of individual accusations but I'd like to see a comprehensive accounting if it exists.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

it is alas, still being digitized

Yeah, that's kind of the thing. I'm googling around and it's overwhelming. Lot of individual anecdotes, everything from deciding not to pay a half million commission on a whim to snaking tips from wait staff. I'd like to see a huge well researched write up on as much of it as possible. Also, Ivanka Trump kind of sounds like a piece of poo poo as well, I'm not sure why people always seem to go easy on her.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

"I know what you did. In London. He was a hero and his blood is on your hands. I'll see you soon." Bourne let the phone drop to the pavement and opened up the trunk containing his rocket launcher.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

Am I the only one who wasn't really all that shocked or moved by the "grab her pussy" news? When I read it I was like "oh, look, another dumb Trump comment". Then it EXPLODED in a way that made me think, "what the hell, do things matter now?"

What makes this much worse than calling Mexicans rapists, birthers, or any of the other stupid poo poo?

I think a lot of right wing shitheads will still draw a line at physical contact. Like they think anything they say is fine and all complaints are just pc bullshit because it is just words and FREEDOM OF SPEECH and so on. It's like if instead of calling Mexican people rapists he shoved one down a flight of stairs then bragged about it.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I'm starting to think Trump has been hammering on this "She ought to be in jail" stuff so that when the investigations stirred up by his run for office reach their conclusion he can remind everybody "hey, what happened to we don't jail political opponents."

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

So..uh.. Kellyanne is basically admitting she protects known sexual abusers so long as they keep in formation? Is that what she is saying here?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

gfsincere posted:

GOP 2020 Nominee is gonna be

Holy poo poo, that is it. That is going to be his concession speech. At long last it will be his supporters who failed him and they are the ones who must pay.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

So in PA down ballot land, Toomey has been annoying the poo poo out of everybody with a recurring Bike Courier spokesman character who perpetually looks brain damaged because he has his helmet on most of the time. I'm bringing it up because the commercials have started getting hilarious as the Bike Courier is getting creepier and most likely now stalking poor Katie McGinty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHmbBzYQuT4

Watch the end when his face get plunged into shadows as his voice lowers and we see his serial killer wall.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

The front page of CNN is pretty great right now. "I'm a victim" with Trump just making the most punchable face imaginable.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

eightpole posted:

I will not vote Clinton

Uh oh now you done it

*cue the sound of a dozen electric egg beaters firing up*

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I'm trying to think what a Demo Trump would look like. Like a failed crooked Mega Church pastor running as a Democrat on a platform of mandatory homosexuality despite making massive amounts of money in his church calling gay people abominable. Constantly complimentary of women but only if they had a 9 month abortion.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I just realized that Trump is only making noise about overthrowing democracy so that everyone in the country tunes in to see his statement that night so he can plug his hotels. Dude is going to concede then the camera will pan back to show him standing in front of a table full of Trump steaks and wine.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Spatula City posted:

I wouldn't chalk up the most recent argument as a leftist circular firing squad. The civil rights movement has been tied to progressivism, but they're uneasy allies, and that's really what this argument seems to be showing. The Democratic primary was worse. I don't know if they were trolls, but a few people were pushing pretty hard "no war but class war" and calling civil rights issues "distractions" perpetrated by the corporations to occupy the progressive movement's time. I think most of the people now posting in USPOL are some shade of progressive, but some are much less interested in civil rights than others, and many have spent absolutely no effort learning about their own privilege and trying to avoid doing the lovely things that white people do to non-white people all the time.

Never trust a leftist who dismisses civil rights. That mother fucker will be voting R the second their student loans are forgiven or they bump up a tax bracket. 9 times out of 10.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hey now I briefly watched some baseball and read a book

I watched the Eagles, symbols of liberty, defeated by the Cowboys, symbols of mindless bandwagon redneckery, in last second come from behind fashion.

Omens and signs.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Mulva posted:

When his like second response to being called mad is to say "Wash your klan robes", he's a little mad or he's shitposting. You choose!

Not rhetorical. Was that a sincere statement, or was he shitposting? You don't get to sit in ideological limbo on this one. If he's sincere, it's pretty mad. If it's not, why the gently caress are you pretending this is a real conversation?

are.... are you mad?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I hope gfsincere doesn't have work tomorrow and has a big pot of coffee brewing and stays here all night as people try to find some way to explain why it is morally okay to tell him to shut up and go away.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I went back to the heart of Pennsyltucky to visit my family for the holidays a few years back and got invited to an old friend's Christmas party. It turns out it was KWANZAAFEST 2011 and it was all white dudes in the basement of this gigantic mcmansion in the middle of nowhere. Rasta wigs weren't uncommon. There was a bunch of nerds rapping about star trek and the winner of the "rap off" got a 40 oz and a super soaker.

Like, I don't know, maybe instead of leaving quietly and speeding the gently caress back to civilization I could have tried to find a better answer. Maybe I could have tried grabbing the mic and asking pointed questions. Maybe barricading the doors and setting the place on fire was the correct solution. I just think it's important that we leave all of our options on the table.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

hexenmexen posted:

I don't think that's fair. My dad has been trying to push that same lefty propaganda on me my whole life. The principles of equality that exist in the US, outside of the slavery and jim crow, that white people also died to change, are bigger than just symbolys to be misinterpreted by reactionary assholes.

And you can't conduct your life in a way some people will be happy with. It's only their interpretation of history, that often doesn't reflect statistical facts that matters.

So if you say slavery was committed by a minority of whites and all societies engaged in it, they say you are uneducated and racist, even though that is factually correct.

If you say racism is not mainstream or that black culture has faults of its own to overcome, it's your fault for being descended from white people that it got way.

There are absolutely racist issues in the US but the way hardcore liberals approach it is counterproductive. They think welfare and laws that favour minorities over whites are the only resolution, and if you question that you are racist for seeing the inherit injustice of laws like that. And how most welfare is just a prolongation of keeping people subservient, and not about giving people skills or a mentality to get out of wherever, black or white.

When will we finally start fighting the true evil in this country....SNAP benefits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Hi, I don't know what "welfare" is, how it is administered, who it benefits or anything about it at all really

But let me tell you about how it is the true racism

• Locked thread