Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

lozzle posted:

Hey now, The Wire is technically a police procedural. :colbert:

And it still go's out of it's way to nearly kill the Lesbian. After giving her a sex scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its also worth noting that Carly Fiorina is depicted as a man to make her seem strong and Biden is depicted as a woman to make him seem weak

Also that Carly is the only one in the top bench not manspreading.

Edit: Oops got beat on that one.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/is-matt-drudge-okay-just-checking_us_57f269b8e4b082aad9bc191f?section=&

Is Matt Drudge OK?

Apparently, the Drudge report was the first the break the news that a paternity test proved that the supposed lovechild of Bill Clinton and a former Arkansas prostitute was not in fact his son. In 1999.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 4, 2016

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Already a boring, smug, public act of auto-fellatio.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

They have shown no indication during this broadcast whatsoever that they plan to leak anything as far as I can tell. Have They?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This is going to end and nothing is is going to be leaked. It's Assange recreating the Trump Hotel opening.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

remusclaw posted:

They have shown no indication during this broadcast whatsoever that they plan to leak anything as far as I can tell. Have They?

loving called it 2, electric bugaloo.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

So. What does Alex Jones say when back on? Is it, "We wasted and hour and a half of our lives." or is it "Someone obviously got to him before the release, and it scared him into silence."?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Alex Jones here, live at Al Capones vault.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I can't wait for Roger Stone's reaction.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Well, I'm gonna sleep like a baby until November 8th.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Covok posted:

Prostitutes don't pay themselves.

Coincidentally, neither does he.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Pence's negatives are not going to disappear 4 years from now, and what positives he managed to show in this debate are not going to win this campaign for Trump. Best case scenario is this makes Pence a front-runner in 2020 and all the poo poo Kaine punted on here can be used against him then. The Republicans are not going to win any more presidential elections by depending on the religious right, and tying them to it for another election cycle can only be good for Democratic prospects.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The narrative is already changing on the debate. People are cottoning onto the fact that Pence spent a whole lot of time lying about Trump, which is already getting airplay. People are already talking about how Trump is likely angry at Pence for his performance. It's looking like a loss in the moment but a win for the week.

The only people who watch the VP debates are the junkiest pol junkies. Everyone else is going to get this debate in bite sized chunks, where the interruptions wont be played for lack of good soundbites. On the other hand, Pence is going to look absolutely awful pleading amnesia when contrasted with the clips of all the various things he denies Trump said.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Young Freud posted:

It's vice versa, really: Pence won the debate, but lost the week for the Trump campaign.

That is what I meant. Thank you for making it clear that I was anything but.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That is definitely what I was trying to get at. Kaine was the loser as of an hour after the debate. Now, several hours later, it seems we were wrong and he won after all.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Bassetking posted:

Pence didn't fall for poo poo. This was the launch of Pence '20.

Nothing like launching your campaign with obvious lies that can be played over and over again in perpetuity alongside the evidence. But hey, who knows, maybe the evangelicals embrace cloning over the next few years and repopulate themselves enough to sweep Pence to victory!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The Trumpster base is apparently cross with him over his Putin comments. Pence is the very model of an far right evangelical, a group so worthless and depleted now that they couldn't even get their guy through the primaries. With all the absolute poo poo on his record, what with fetal funerals and all, he is a prime candidate to be a tomato can in 4 years. You couldn't ask for a better opponent, except possibly another attempt by Trump.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Pence's career has shown that he never lets little things like most people hating what he thinks get in the way of gathering more power. So long as he has Trump to compare himself to, he figures that he can shine hard enough that the GOP will latch onto him.

If Trump managed to lower expectations so much that 4 years from now, a conventionally terrible republican has a shot solely on the basis that he isn't Trump, things could get ugly. But demographics should likely do a decent job of protecting us from that, as while the white male conservative voters will forgive and forget, minority groups and women will not, and they will be even stronger than they are now as a voting bloc.

That's not to say you are wrong. Pence likely comes out of this with a better look than he had going in, though I wouldn't necessarily bet on it. Trump seems to be a career killer for Republicans, and I would have sworn Cruz was getting out of this cycle smelling like roses as compared to the rest of the party and he basically committed suicide by endorsement.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 5, 2016

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

If Vince ends up President, there is a very good chance he loses the office shortly thereafter to Steve Austin. Who, from listening to his podcast, is honestly a good deal more progressive than you would think.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He was photographed meeting with Romney, but I couldn't tell you whether he supported him or was just doing the normal celebrity photo thing? gently caress, I couldn't be certain which of them asked to be photographed with the other.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

Lol wait so Wikileaks is still too pussy to release the whole speeches and is only releasing excepts?

Excerpts can be properly cherry picked. Full transcript allow such obfuscating things as context to get in the way of whatever agenda the leaker's have.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

and yet despite this there are passages in that leak which are basically

Clinton: "We've worked well on some things together but there's a ton of problems that need to be worked out and I'm going to be voting to regulate you guys more"

Summary: CLINTON ADMITS TO COZY RELATIONSHIP WITH BANKS

Reading is hard man. It's Hillary, I'm sure whatever she said, it's incriminating. Leak it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

U-DO Burger posted:

and yet despite this there are passages in that leak which are basically

Clinton: "We've worked well on some things together but there's a ton of problems that need to be worked out and I'm going to be voting to regulate you guys more"

Summary: CLINTON ADMITS TO COZY RELATIONSHIP WITH BANKS

More seriously. The people it's for, are just going to read the summary and assume it's as bad as it implies. These leaks are not for the kind of people who will actually read them.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Endorph posted:

quote this post if you're a cia operative

:nsacloud:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Coheed and Camembert posted:

So how low could he actually go? Because he's definitely lost women. Assuming the only people that actually turn out for him are old straight white men, what's his new ceiling?

I wonder many Trump supporters have lost girlfriend's and SO's to having to explain how they could still support him?

I am looking forward to Sunday more than any PPV I have ever anticipated.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

2016, the year the Religious Right revealed themselves for craven idol worshipers. All hail the Golden rear end.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Drudge:
Gennifer Flowers: Bill Clinton Told Me 'Hillary Had Eaten More Pussy Than He Had'...

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

berserker posted:

gently caress I really really want to see how chaotic and disastrous an actual Presidential write-in campaign would be, with 32 days to go before the election. I think it would guarantee 400+ EVs.

:unsmigghh:

I think that GOP elites right now forget that aside from Trump the primary voters were split between a lot of other options and could never truly decide, and they think they could get away with making it work now?? After the voters already had their say???? :laffo:

Do all State ballots allow for write in's?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Queering Wheel posted:

I just love how there's STILL almost a whole month to go, and not one but TWO debates to be done.

There's no loving way he goes to the third one, right? He's going to get clowned on this Sunday, and NOBODY will believe that he can win anymore, not even himself.

I'm so happy that I keep randomly giggling, this has been such a great day

What excuse does he have to skip it though? If he's still running, he has to show or look even worse. Looking like a complete coward is the last thing he could probably do to reduce what little base he has left looking to vote for him.

Also, in order to be able to call the results of the election a fraud, he has to at least pretend he is still viable.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has any nominee in modern history imploded this hard? Also I heard that if Trump drops out (lol right) they'd run a FREE SPACE/Pence ticket with Pence stepping up in the event of a win and then appointing a VP? There's no way that happens though, right?

I honestly don't think you need to limit the question only to modern history. Did the Whig's last candidate do this poorly?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

Am I the only one who wasn't really all that shocked or moved by the "grab her pussy" news? When I read it I was like "oh, look, another dumb Trump comment". Then it EXPLODED in a way that made me think, "what the hell, do things matter now?"

What makes this much worse than calling Mexicans rapists, birthers, or any of the other stupid poo poo?

It's because he admitted, no, bragged, about using his celebrity to sexually assault women.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

All these disavowals, will they help or hurt the under ticket? On the one side, it gives the self avowed deplorable all the reasons in the world to say gently caress the establishment and either not vote because the poo poo is rigged or to only vote top of the ticket. On the other side, having lost the top of the ticket, do the non-deplorable Republicans even turn out?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Bushiz posted:

Again, N-word wouldn't cost him any votes. The GOP would love for there to be a n-word tape because they have a contingency prepared for that. Donald's throwing curveballs.

Maybe it wont cost him votes, but it will certainly cost him endorsements. No matter how high on Republican farts the Fraternal Order of Police is, they really don't wan't to be endorsing an "Out" racist.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Oh my good god :flashfap:

Prestor Jane has said a lot about how high on his supply Trump was for so long and how he is now crashing, and I can't help but be worried for myself and others. I don't think we will ever have access to a source this pure and uncut ever again, and as far as I can tell, we only have enough supply left to last another month. I'm scared.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/billpruitt/status/784872190587998209?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The Republican's dumping him now gives every die hard Trumpeteer all the ammunition they need to declare the Party as a whole to be the reason for his loss. This further drives the divide between them and the rest of the party and also allows for the narrative that Trump could have won if those Rino's hadn't turned on him when he most needed them. This is going so well.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Kilroy posted:

On the other hand these fuckers are disavowing him and if that sticks then gently caress this gay Earth. Ayotte just last week said Trump makes a great role model for her children - now she's disavowing him? If the Dems can't hang Trump's carcass around her and every other Republican and drag their asses down into the Mariana Trench then I don't want to live on this planet anymore. No one who ever endorsed Trump is fit for public office.

That's the beautiful part though. Ayotte and the like still need the nastiest of the Trump supporter's, so a disavowal of Trump is a disavowal of all those people who took on Deplorable as a badge of honor.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is wjc supposed to be Bill? Why would you not call him Bill? When has anybody called him William Jefferson in the last 25 years?

Cause bill is a shorter word than legislation and you know exactly who is being talked about when using their initials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

McCain unendorsed. Also Trump has Giuliani speaking for him instead of Reince, and Conway's speaking role at a thing was replaced by Giuliani too, among other things.

I do not understand Rudy's commitment to the Trump campaign. I don't even think Trump is that committed to it.

• Locked thread