Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Came across this amazing insight into the worldview of someone who supports Trump, had to share it. This was posted back after the first debate.

http://viewpoints.blog.statesman.com/2016/09/27/did-we-watch-the-same-debate/

quote:

But those deeply political views are also informed by how we evaluate our personal experiences. Lessons learned from a basic set of facts. One reader’s letter shows this better than I could explain. The title “Trump is for Winners” and the writer is from Snyder, Texas. I’m not using his name because my point is not to persecute him, and this is just a portion of a much longer letter.

Trump is for Winners posted:

People who hate America and our God want to run this country, or ruin it, just because they didn’t learn the lesson every American should have learned. I’ll tell you how I learned it.
When I was a kid, seventh grade. this other kid wet his pants in class. I remember this so clearly. For just a second, I felt horrible for this kid, I wanted to hide him or make the pee invisible or something. But then almost everyone else – the cool kids especially — started laughing at him and saying, over and over, “Loser, loser!!!” Some of the guys went over and whacked him in the back of the head when the teacher wasn’t looking. But it was when the cool girls started teasing this loser that he just lost it, started sobbing, ran out of the room. And by then I was laughing right along with everyone else. I realized — this is my point — that it is easier and better to go along with the crowd when the crowd is right, and the crowd is right if the person they’re picking on runs away. That proves it! That is how I know, to this day, what is right to do. Strength proves itself. It proves itself by being easy to spot, and by clobbering weak people. I do not want to be a weak person. I do not want America to be weak.
I want to be clear. This is not a parody. My point is that someone else can take from the same set of facts — a story about bullying — and come away with a completely different lesson. For another child, the lesson becomes the importance of being the one to stand up to injustice, and that the definition of strength is being willing to buck the crowd for what you believe.

I think the person writing the article draws exactly the wrong conclusion, this person seems to believe that might makes right and I think they might just be a sociopath, but still interesting to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Night10194 posted:

Trump is a massive coward but these people always project strength onto him because he blusters like crazy and he's male.

It's just more money = better than, really.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Florida panhandle is definitely south, orlando is old people and more like Arizona, and Miami is the Caribbean. Florida is actually a pretty diverse state and most of the crazy poo poo you hear about comes out of the panhandle.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Alan Smithee posted:

You had me until Mitt Romney

Actually Mitt Romney is YOSPOS

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Non Serviam posted:

The only reason why she should be president is because she's running against Trump, who's clinically insane. I can't believe anyone can genuinely admire or respect her in any way whatsoever.

Edit. Are we hosed already? Do you guys feel HRC will lose now?

This.

I ealry voted and I voted against trump. I actually LIKE but it could have been a potato.

• Locked thread