Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
For the first page: Republicans have garbage ideas and are garbage people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Night10194 posted:

I figured he'd start cooling off eventually but I think he'll remain angry about this up until he loses the second one, too.

He isn't angry, he is calm! Probably one of the calmest, and lots of people, smart people, the smartest people, have said how calm he is. You wouldn't even believe how calm he is about this, way calmer than Crooked Hillary.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
My favorite thing about Bill Watterson is that the most overt political stand he ever took was against rigid newspaper comic section formatting.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
NASA announcements are super fun for laypeople but less fun for scientists because people in the field have often been paying attention and know either the results beforehand through colleagues or assumed them based on the nature of the experiment announcing them.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
someone on my facebook thinks the wikileaks info is that Killary was caught on tape saying she wanted to murder Bernie and all his supporters.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I only listened to a few minutes and they both sounded dumb

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I really enjoyed this part from last night. It makes me laugh.

:psyboom: never thought about it like that...

That should be the takeaway from this debate. Kaine bringing up solid issues and fears about Trump and Pence dismissing them like never happened then attacking Hillary for stuff conservatives imagine Obama did.

Republicans are scum garbage people.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Who are anti-abortion people voting for in this election? Trump clearly doesn't care and the only reason anyone would think he would be against abortions is that he is running as an R, and Johnson should be ideologically against regulations on Dr procedures (though I'm sure he isn't)

This should be the first election in a long time where anti-abortion people aren't being painfully pandered to and should release them from their idiotic moral obligation to blindly pull the R lever.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

disjoe posted:

Obama also, unfortunately, played a huge role in shutting down the Yucca Mountain repository. Obviously it was for political reasons, but it's really dumb policy and is something I'm disappointed in him about.

We should be reprocessing the spent fuel rods anyway so it is probably good we haven't buried them under thousands of tons of concrete just yet.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

woke wedding drone posted:

That's how he won it in the eyes of pundits who think they matter. To regular voters, he won it by laughing in Paul Ryan's face and having a genuine affect in comparison to Ryan's sociopathic one.

Also Ryan for some reason challenged him to a game of "who has felt more deep personal loss"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

disjoe posted:

Oh I agree but we still need a facility like Yucca anyway, and Obama's DOE has wasted tremendous amounts of time and money on what is ultimately a dumb hill to die on.

Yeah but we don't actually need it right now. We need it in a decade after we've recovered all the useful fuel from the spent rods and are only left with useless radioactive slag.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

cult member at airport posted:

Gary Johnson won't name leader of North Korea

Jesus Christ, Gary :ughh:.

Even giving him the benefit of the doubt, that he refused to name NK's leader as a protest to gotcha questioning...did he really not predict that it would lead to this sort of headline?

Fervent isolationism is a hell of a drug.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Justin Timberwolf posted:

Yes, the entire world was begging for it.

It's fair to criticize the exit strategy, however. There was none.

The entire strategy was "blow up armored elements from the air" so once those elements are gone the strategy is complete. You don't need to "exit" because you weren't ever there.

It's based on the (arguable) theory that America doesn't have a role nation building. I think Libya went well all things considered. Compare it to Iraq.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I think Libya is actually the shining moment of Obama/Clinton foreign policy. If we were as isolationist as Johnson or Trump wants to be there would be a massacre worse than that in Syria and we'd still have Gaddafi. If we were more interventionist like Bush 2 we would have another thousand dead GIs and a government that was being constantly undermined and attacked for being created by the US government.

It wasn't a good situation, there weren't any perfect solutions, but the only thing most people remember is that four Americans died in a wild feverish conspiracy.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I have no idea how to reconcile things like this with my opposition to the death penalty. I sincerely wish we'd taken Bin Laden alive and put him on trial, but maybe I'm naive. What would that trial even have been, could it possibly have been fair, would there have been any verdict but death at the end of it anyway.

I don't want to live in a country that assassinates anyone, but the more I learn about foreign policy the more I realize there are decisions my understanding couldn't possibly be adequate to make.

Yeah foreign policy is one of those things that is unimaginably easier to be sitting on the sidelines critiquing what is happening than actually making the calls with imperfect information trying to salvage some sort of respectable outcome to a super lovely situation. Some decisions are stupid and end up being really dumb, but others only look dumb because can't see the other possible outcomes, just the one that happened.

I don't understand how conservatives can give Bush2 the benefit of the doubt with Iraq (which went horribly and was forced by Bush) and yet be so critical of Obama in Libya (where a civil war started without American intervention and it ended up going fine all things considered). Oh wait yes I can they are stupid people who are horrible.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

bobjr posted:

Has Hillary even said anything about video games recently? I've heard a few people around my age mention that as a reason they aren't voting for her, but they're also manchildren who complain about the evils of feminism so it's not like I'm surprised.

As far as I know the last time she really did anything about them was 11 years ago in 2005, and it focused entirely on limiting the purchase age for things rated M or A to those over 18.

I can imagine your idiot friends were under 18 around then and remember hating her for making them ask their parents if they could buy GTA and haven't forgiven her or progressed mentally beyond then in the intervening decade.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I remember being in 3rd grade learning what impeachment was because it is a rare historic event and they thought we should know.

I also remember being in 9th grade and hearing kids complain about soccer practice being cancelled because some dumb buildings fell down in new york.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Why is everyone so excited about 3+ political parties? The primary system exists so you get a stronger voice in the general election candidates already. Just because no one votes in primaries doesn't mean we only get two candidates. People keep quoting the founding fathers saying two parties are bad yet neglect that we've had two party presidential elections for basically all of them.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Lightning Knight posted:

Also guns. Guns will be the death of the republic.

Working as intended

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I'll bet $100 that someone is going to call this storm "Obama's Katrina"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The federal government already prepared to provide immediate relief? A massive campaign of warnings and evacuations preceding the storm? A competent president who has also been pushing for infrastructure funding and severe weather preparation for nearly a decade?

Exactly like Katrina!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Night10194 posted:

Hopefully it all adds up to much less damage and loss of life.

Agreed. Decreasing suffering and loss of life is my #1 reason for rallying against Republicans.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Night10194 posted:

Remember: He was sorta kinda not a disaster for 20 minutes against Hillary. Then he fell apart. He has no stamina.

Also he questioned Hillary's stamina, which means it is something negative about him.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hillary apparently asked Rick "A Literal Monster" Scott to extend voter registration dates because of the storm and he cackled cruelly and said no.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So once Trump inevitably loses without spending the majority of his war chest, can he use the remainder to parade around lavishly using Trump owned companies for the next four years?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Like honestly he may have stumbled into political campaigning as an extremely lucrative business. Scare white hick morons about people who are the wrong color to them and tell them he will make them safe and America Great Again for a low low monthly campaign contribution of $25.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

straight up brolic posted:

Anything interesting in this new email drop?

Fox News couldn't find anything in 12 boxes full of printed emails and so are reporting that there are supposed to be 14 boxes [citation needed] and the bad stuff is surely in the missing two.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Forgall posted:

I thought his alt-right fans were deeply concerned about the scourge of false rape accusations ruining men's lives.

Maybe there is something different about these particular falsely accused people??????

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

gfsincere posted:

The DUI didn't do much because there's millions of people with DUIs and most people with DUIs only have one, and don't think they should be judged as a bad person forever based on it, AND everyone seems to know a friend they like that has one, so they didn't judge him negatively based on it.

Also because it was immediately framed as a "really minor" DUI and no one challenged it. His campaign staff said Bush was just barely over the limit and was pulled over for "driving too slowly," like he was actually being a really courteous drunk driver, and also he was just a dumb kid at the time.

In reality since it was in 1976 he probably had a BAC of like 1.2 and was charged after driving off the road and crashing into a hedge, and he was 30.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

Wait what?

Yeah I remember the murders and suicides and threats on the president's life, but I don't remember anyone being arrested by Interpol.

My favorite was when someone collected thousands of dollars for hundreds of Fiestacat dolls and kept all the dolls instead of shipping them to people.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Trump could literally grab a woman at the town hall and sexually assault her on live television and he would still get ~30% of the vote.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Minimalist Program posted:

If you think this kind of self-depreciation is what Donald Trump mean then buddy, you haven't been paying attention.

He is lamenting the fact that he tried to woo over the woman's heart with a display of wealth and knowledge (like a bitch) instead of doing what he should have done (grabbed her in the pussy).

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Viable healthy full term baby

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Based on his words I don't think trump actually has a brain to suck out.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Necc0 posted:

Degenerate gambling update: Trump's comments have caused the largest one-day swing I've ever seen in the USPREZ market: https://www.predictit.org/Market/1234/Who-will-win-the-2016-US-presidential-election

I knew that buying big on Hillary two weeks ago when they were tied in polls was a good move.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Okay now I feel bad for Trump :( They aren't even letting him tweet!!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Let's do a rundown of the top headlines right now:

CNN: "Trump in the gutter: Trump bragged to TV host about what he does to women"
MSNBC: "Mic caught Trump making lewd comments about women"
NPR: "'You can do anything': In 2005 tape, Trump brags about groping , kissing women"
ABC News: "Trump Brags about groping women in vulgar remarks caught on tape"
NYTimes: "Trump boasts about groping women in tape from 2005"

Fox News: "Clinton edges Trump by two points with only one month left until Election Day"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Captain Stalin posted:

And the craziest thing about it, is that most, if not all of the republicans are going to stick by this guy.

They are BAD PEOPLE. Republicans do not care about others, about America as a nation, or about anything around them. They are lazily trapped in a soothing bubble of misinformation and have no desire or curiosity to learn about anything. They are bad and should feel bad.

How are people just now realizing this? Months ago there was a woman who literally said "He could shoot a man in the middle of the street and I'd still vote for him," then after a brief pause where she must have realized that she is literally a sociopath monster, she corrected herself "well maybe as long as he just wounds him."

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Augus posted:

I saw a supposed leaked transcript of Hillary giving a speak to Goldman Sachs and it was pretty much on a similar level to the "leaked" letter where her campaign asked PPP to skew the numbers higher, we paid good money for this. Not very good fanfiction.

Also holy gently caress is Trump already involved in yet another campaign-ruining scandal!? This makes how many in the past two weeks?

A little more than one a day since the debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I'm still smiling at the idea of Republicans frantically trying to get people to look away from their childish boorish idiot and his blatently inappropriate sexist comments by holding up a long boring political quote that is sort of difficult to understand why it is bad.

• Locked thread