Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

At least Trump losing will give us some hope that global warming won't become guaranteed apocalypse-level bad, considering the stupid fucker doesn't believe in it, and wants us to start mining and burning shitloads of coal again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I like how they made the Clinton text crooked. Very subtle.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is Trump talking about the Central Park 5 anyway? What on earth does he have to do with it?

Little things like this are what I love about this election. 2016 is forever going to be an example of what NOT to do when running a campaign. Trump is losing right now, it's only a month until the election, and yet he just continues to waste more of his limited time and energy on things like this. It makes zero tactical sense. Unless he somehow pulls a miracle out his rear end at the debate and/or Hillary does something insanely stupid, I think we're going to get a landslide.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I become more convinced every day that Trump has still just been a Clinton plant this entire time. There's more evidence backing that than any of the other bullshit conspiracies thrown around this year.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

I've been saying this since the primaries, but I don't think I truly believed it until recently.

When all the other possibilities lead to spiraling depression over how awful things are, it's the only one I can really put faith in.

It just makes perfect sense the more I think about it. There's so many arguments favoring this theory.

- It's no secret that Trump used to be friends with the Clintons, and even donated a lot of money to their foundation. It's strange that he would switch sides to the Republican party. It's not so crazy to think that he did it as an elaborate plan to destroy the GOP from within and help his friend Hillary earn the Presidency, something she's worked so hard for. He only started getting significantly involved in politics in 2011, when he began pushing the birther crap. This was just after the 2010 election, when the racist Tea Party movement happened and Republicans won bigly. Trump correctly read what the Republican base was becoming, and the birther stuff was an easy in. Then he just waited until where we are now. The electorate is more diverse than ever, and the GOP base is whiter and angrier than ever before. 2016 was the perfect time to make his move.

- In the primaries, he really didn't focus on Hillary as much as he could have. He spent a lot of time DESTROYING the other Republican hopefuls. Right now the GOP's presidential candidate pool is a smoldering crater. None of them are going to win in 2020 or beyond that. The only people you could make an argument for are Pence, Cruz and Kasich. Ted Cruz is extremely ugly and unlikeable, Pence has way too much baggage to win an election, and Kasich will never make it through a primary now that the Republican base is truly a basket of deplorables. Why would Trump want to hurt his party so much? Because he's a Clinton plant, that's why.

- He's relying on the RNC to do his campaign stuff so that he can weaken it. By being forced to take care of all his campaign stuff, it just drags the RNC down and means that they can't support downticket races as well as they could have otherwise.

- That one good month he had when he kept his mouth shut and slowly caught up to Clinton? Just more strategy. He couldn't make it TOO obvious that he was deliberately trying to lose, and he knew that keeping quiet and acting normal would get enough moderate Republicans to jump on and boost his numbers.

- As much as we like to think Trump is an idiot, you have to have an above average level of intelligence to play the game as well as he has in his career. He's a piece of poo poo, no doubt, but he's very good at moving money around, passing the bill onto other people, playing the bankruptcy game and so on. It's clearly something that he enjoys doing. Why not play another game and try to take out an entire political party? I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing started with Bill thinking that Trump could never pull off such a plan, and Trump privately challenged him to a bet or something.

But that's just my speculation.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

meristem posted:

Or, alternatively, Hillary could be winning fair and square against a narcissist, misogynistic pig, thanks to herself and her team.

Seriously, the "Trump and Bill conspired together!" conspiracy theories stink of another sort of sexism and misogyny. Hillary couldn't possibly be winning on her own, it must be a benevolent conspiracy of these two men!

For the record, Hillary is awesome, I'm voting for her, and Trump probably isn't a Clinton plant designed to take out the GOP once and for all.

I'm just asking questions!

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I just love how there's STILL almost a whole month to go, and not one but TWO debates to be done.

There's no loving way he goes to the third one, right? He's going to get clowned on this Sunday, and NOBODY will believe that he can win anymore, not even himself. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. It's going to look hilarious if he bothers to show up for the third one after everything that's happened, so he might just want to stay home and save whatever scraps of dignity he has left.

I'm so happy that I keep randomly giggling, this has been such a great day

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

remusclaw posted:

What excuse does he have to skip it though? If he's still running, he has to show or look even worse. Looking like a complete coward is the last thing he could probably do to reduce what little base he has left looking to vote for him.

Also, in order to be able to call the results of the election a fraud, he has to at least pretend he is still viable.

He could just blame the media for being biased and unfair or some poo poo, and they would eat it up just like they eat up anything else he says. Anyone still with Trump at this point is never getting off the train.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

There's still going to be assholes who will still vote for him and this country will still be populated by assholes. Hopefully not as many as I thought, but still populated by assholes.

God, this bastard better not win.

Even when everything went right for him in September, he still couldn't close the deal and get a realistic map of over 270 electoral votes. He's never done that at any point. He's going to lose. Hopefully it will be by quite a lot.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Eschers Basement posted:

Igrab Cuntra Affair

:lol:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

greatn posted:

Gimme dem PPP state polls. There has to be some soon right?

They've usually only been polling a few states a week.

I wish there were tons of polls a day like there were in past years, I need my fix badly.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I hope that more polls are done in red states that Clinton could potentially take. We know that she has more than enough states to solidly put her past 270. The victor has all but been decided, so now I want to see how far she could possibly go after what's happened.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

cult member at airport posted:

Finally, something that Donald Trump supporters and SA Goons can agree on: CNN sucks

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/785836810060591105

It's remarkable how much this resembles the crowd at a WWE event.

I know that these big crowds don't mean anything, but it's still scary to see that many hateful people all in one place :(

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Good god, his floor really did fall out, if these past several polls with Clinton leading bigly are to be believed. :stare:

And his nonexistent ground game versus Clinton's strong ground game is only going to make it worse

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

canepazzo posted:

Take a peek at the economic anxiety by the very honorable and redeemable Trump base:

https://twitter.com/MoveLiveLearn/status/786891587527643136

I am legitimately scared of what could happen on election day. :(

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

:vince:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I was half expecting him to say SIX BILLION EMAILS

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Trump doing a little better this past week is nothing new. The same thing happened in September when he managed to keep his mouth shut for a while. It's just so-called moderate Republicans slowly coming back to him. If the Clinton campaign has a big tape or something that drops in time, maybe we'll get the double digit landslide we all want. For now, it's looking like a solid Clinton win/Senate win and that's good enough for me.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I'm not worried about Hillary losing, I'm just worried that the election's going to be close enough that downballot races are affected. The Senate has to flip so that Hillary can at least get some appointments through.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The only thing to worry about at this point is the downballot. Clinton is going to be president, it's just a matter of how much she will win by and if she will have a Senate that will confirm her appointments. I wish there was one more bad Trump tape out there or something, but if nothing appears on Monday or Tuesday, it probably never will.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Young Freud posted:

Yep, it's even easier in a Right-To-Work state, which needs no excuse to terminate your employment.

You're talking about at-will employment, not right-to-work which involves not being forced to pay union fees.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

terrorist ambulance posted:

Why does Trump get a pass on his draft dodging. I'm wondering because of that discussion of swift boating a couple pages back. Kerry is actually there and hurt in the line of duty and loses the election for it, Trump never got closers than California and it's even a concern for the war mongering R base

The Republican base doesn't actually care about the military at all.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Badly. Clinton turned it around to being about him in a matter of hours.

People keep saying this, but news sites are still running with bullshit inaccurate headlines.

http://www.cnn.com/

THEY'RE BOTH SO FLAWED

SAME THING BOTH SIDES

Even loving MSNBC is doing it

http://www.msnbc.com/

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Iron and copper. The statue is copper on an iron frame, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I don't care how childish it is, I will never stop giggling every time I see this guy's name.

• Locked thread