Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

vyelkin posted:

Disappointing but she is 83 years old so this is probably a generational thing

gently caress em. Standing for the national anthem is part of their job. If that's too much for them they can find something else to do.

But that would require actual sacrifice on their part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

theflyingorc posted:

the old north carolina district 12 will fight you for worst district supremacy

The tiny pink thing that runs from Charlotte to Greensboro to Durham, Gobbling up black neighborhoods as it goes. The district was about 200 miles long, and in some places was literally ON the highway and was the width of a single lane - Eastbound and Westbound traffic were technically in different districts.

This was designed to create minority-majority districts. Would you rather the district were minority minorities?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah HRC will have every right to get him to resign. BTW I was wondering but considering quite a bit of the extreme right gets funding from Moscow is it possible to charge them with any laws detailing abetting the enemy?

I'm curious how you think she'll be able to force him to resign.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

gfsincere posted:

No one gives a flying gently caress about sympathy from a proper rear end in a top hat like yourself. If you can't understand how someone would be bothered by open racism then maybe you should log off and go outside and stop being a goony antisocial gently caress that doesn't actually go outside.

And I didn't "lash out" and don't need to "chill out" (cute little spin on the "angry black" stereotype you've already been warned about that you just can't stop yourself from using and being a disrespectful gently caress) at those who disagreed, I called out the racist assholes that were being racist assholes. If that bothers you so much, you're probably one too.

Are you from the UK originally? The way you keep calling people a "proper" whatever is something I've only heard English people do.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

meristem posted:

I do. She's awesome.

So awesome she wants to declare a no-fly zone over Syria, with no plan on what to do when the Russians violate it.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Spacebump posted:

A Senator from New York voted for the Iraq War (after the President lied about WMDs being there) after 9/11? Shocking.

Since Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, yeah, it's pretty shocking.

If you read the speech she gave before her vote, she admitted that regime change had been the policy of the US government since 1998, when her husband was president. She wanted war with Iraq even before 9/11.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2008/1/12/435624/-

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

socialsecurity posted:

Speculation? or do you have a quote?

I'm referencing the 3rd debate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zone-third-debate_us_58084280e4b0180a36e91a53

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Pakled posted:

In popular opinion of March 2003, Iraq had everything to do with 9/11.

That is not a ringing endorsement of Hillary's judgement.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Spacebump posted:

If she is President, how will the President lie to her about intel?

She didn't vote based on the intel, she voted because regime change was a policy she was in favor of since at least 1998.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Spacebump posted:

She also said this in the link you posted "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program...It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security." but you are ignoring that.

Yeah, her and Bush were on the same page. I completely reject the idea that she didn't know and was duped by the Bush administration. She spent 8 years in Washington as the wife of the president and was heavily involved in his administration. She was then elected as a Senator. For her to then claim that she was somehow caught unaware doesn't hold water.

And yeah, I read the entire speech, and it illustrates another of the things I don't like about her, the non-answer answer that can be mined to support any position.

• Locked thread