Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am so incredibly hype.
Watch Lemon impromptu-like hold up a cue card that says

GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY

and look at the candidates and ask, "Does this offend you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Overheard on whatever channel I have on in the background just now: "I'd say Donald Trump looked like he had a gun to his head while making that statement, but a gun isn't needed since his campaign is dead."

This is my favorite year. Ever.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sensible Thursday posted:

WashPo reporter on MSNBC: "He is in a combative mood. He is not in a mood to step aside."
Sunday's Debate is going to be Donald Trump Goes Scorched Earth and it's going to be the greatest live TV event of all time.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

its even better because town hall is the absolute last place to try and mount this kind of attack
I'm imagining him bringing up Vince Foster and the Clinton Body Count and oh my god it's so beautiful

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Grouchio posted:

Hilary is going to lunge at this so hard in next tuesday's debate that Trump's meltdowns will register on the ritcher scale.

And buddy, karmic cannot even describe it! :allears:
Tuesday? Hell the debate's on Sunday. Trump has all of 48 hours to turnaround from this to the second debate.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

Yup - and he just wasted an entire day today responding to these scandals, when he could have been using that time to prepare for the debate instead!
It took him twelve whole hours to come up with a video apology that looked like he was reading off cue cards in front of a blue screen in a nuclear bunker.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Aping that earlier goon but oh my god this guy on CNN literally has eyebrows that wrap around to the side of his head.

I know I shouldn't TVIV but it's just incredible.

berserker posted:

Listen, ok look, you're a beautiful woman. Woman- is it ok if I call you that? I want you to be happy.
Your tits - can I call them that - they look real. Fantastic. Not like that fake stuff I used to make all my girls get. You look great. I love you. I'm a changed man.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

From a story I saw on The Hill...

quote:

But that didn’t stop a flood of harsh criticism from his own party including some lawmakers such as Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) who said Trump should drop out of the race and Republicans should move forward with emergency procedures to find a new nominee.

Do these people - I've seen a number of Republicans tonight express the same sentiment - not realize that you don't get to change the nominee after absentee balloting has started and his name is already on all of the ballots?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

They are trying to save themselves. Many of them would like to win their own election races and distancing themselves from Trump looks like a real good idea now.
That's what I think, but I've seen Tweets and tidbits and small stories tonight saying that there is a band of Republicans who think that they can really do this.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

iospace posted:

TIME FOR A SOMEWHAT HOT TAKE
Billy tipped off NBC staff that this tape was in the archives in order to avenge JEB!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

the big theme on r/The_Donald/ right now is that Trump's playing 4D chess because now he can go after Bill Clinton, who they all believe to be a statutory rapist

it's a study in cognitive dissonance

edit: I didn't know I had a ceiling for how many times I can read "cuck" in one sitting, but here we are

I can't do this anymore
You have to remember that a bunch of Anti-Clinton people are not anti-Clinton for sane reasons - instead that they believe that the Clintons have literally orchestrated the murders of dozens of political opponents in a campaign of death going back over 40 years.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Young Freud posted:

That one dude looks like the G-Man from Half-Life.

"Wake up Mr. Trump, and smell the ashes"
That's Andre Bauer, former Lt. Governor of South Carolina who literally within the presence of three other women dismissed the controversy as two dudes engaged in "guy talk".

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh my GOD THAT'S EVEN FUNNIER.

Sexual assault is not in any way funny and I ache for survivors, but oh my loving God.
What if I told you that he also said the Washington Post was acting unethically by releasing a "privately-recorded video"?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The best insight I heard about the VP debate was that Kaine was debating like he wanted to be the 2016 vice president (taking on the first officer attack dog role so the captain can look benevolent) whereas Pence was debating like he wanted to be the 2020 president (acting like his running mate was someone other than Donald Trump).
Kaine's entire purpose at the debate was to get Pence to take bait if at all possible on "Man can you believe all this weird poo poo that your running mate has done that I'm about to list off?" and basically pretend like Mike Pence might as well have been Donald Trump. He was too overzealous for the first 15-20 minutes, and the whole thing made for really weird, disjointed viewing.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bushiz posted:

What do you suppose Hillary has been doing for the last twelve hours.

Like in my head I have a picture of her in a mud bath with cucumber slices over her eyes listening to beethoven and an aide walks in and shows her the front page of the NYDN and she just flatly says "good" and goes back to her mud bath.
She's been cackling like Mallory Archer and sipping on mixed drinks with her heels up on the desk in her main office.

I really think she understands at this point that a race against literally anybody else would have been anything from a to-the-last-day dogfight to a likely loss, and instead she gets put up against a candidate who pretty much started out by running for President ironically.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

People also keep forgetting/not noticing that Pence's strategy was to drone on and on through the debate time and run out the clock. Kaine basically had to interrupt to say anything. I mean, he got pretty into it when he started interrupting Pence's solo time, but still.
The problem is that Tim Kaine isn't a natural attack dog and it looked forced during the opening minutes of the debate.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SpaceDrake posted:

What I mean is that he's not going to be allowed to attend. Large, burly men will restrain him and place him and his big ego under essential house arrest if that is necessary. There is no way on Earth the GOP leadership will allow him on camera on Sunday after this.
Uhh....they can't legally stop him from attending since Trump is the official nominee. If the GOP actually did some form of house arrest, it would be kidnapping and they'd be reacting to a scandal by creating a brand-new and completely different one.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

... isn't Carson a big Trump supporter?
And Todd Starnes is a man transplanted from an earlier time who probably thinks that the 1950's were too liberal. If he is willing to say there's more revelations coming then hoo boy.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

@gabrielsherman posted:

According to source, Roger Stone has been advising Trump to play rape card with Bill Clinton. Last night's "apology" video suggests he may

If he actually does this at the debate, I might just die of some kind of emotional reaction. Laughter? Horror? I have no idea.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mister E posted:

Oh poo poo he found a phone.
I love the mental image of the supervisor of Donald's security detail running around going PHONE PHONE PHONE WE WERE TOLD NOT TO LET HIM HAVE THE PHONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GODDAMNIT WHERE'S THE PHONE

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Stereotype posted:

look guys these comments aren't so bad. The guy who used his B-list celebrity to sexually assault women will totally be reasonable when he becomes the most powerful and well known person in the world.
Something that I've wondered since the tape came up yesterday: just how many loving Bushes are there running around - 117?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mister E posted:

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/784844049526165505

Welp, our own @fart just got a nod today, good job!
DONALD EAT THE EGGS

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah, I've been predicting that exact scenario for a few months if the RNC ever pulled support. And he might do it during the debate
What if he told them to all vote third-party? He could gently caress the GOP twice over: they lose big and then get competition in the major party group.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Minimalist Program posted:

He'd never tell people to vote third party. He is barely cognizant of there being third party candidates.
ACTUALLY...he dabbled with a presidential run with the Reform Party in the late 1990's. He knows fully-well about alternative parties.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

All of the speakers at the Ryan shindig had to yell at the pro-Trump hecklers to shut up :laugh:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/784767614589415424

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

So has there even been an October surprise more October Surprise than this one?
No, because the actual planned October Surprise was supposed to be the excerpts of the Clinton speeches that were put up by WikiLeaks, but the unexpected October Surprise hit the market first.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I hate it too, although to be fair obviously someone over in Tic Tac headquarters had a Google Alert go off and just about fell out of their chair as CNN started saying Tic Tacs over and over again in association with sexual assault. I'd issue at least one "PLEASE DISREGARD" panicked Tweet myself.
Given how utterly horrible and/or clueless a lot of people are on Twitter, the Tic Tac Tweeter Team was probably hit with a hundred messages from people along the lines of "WHY DO YOU HAPPILY ALLOW YOUR PRODUCTS TO BE USED BY RAPISTS TELL ME THAT"

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There have been so many quotes from both Conservatives and Liberals which have come out since the tape broke that could be accepted as pure poetry:

John Podhoretz of all loving people posted:

Still, the reckoning for the American people and the Republican party after November (or sooner) isn’t just about the willingness of so many in the GOP and in the general electorate not merely to tolerate such a person because people thought he was better than the alternative, but about the fact that they thought he was a curative tonic. He isn’t. He’s an emetic, and he is about to be vomited up.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's only one way to force Trump off the ticket and it's very, very illegal.

They'd have to kill or incapacitate him. Maybe offer a multi-billion (maybe tens of billion) dollar bribe to buy him out of the race.
If they tried that, you can guarantee that the other parties would file enough lawsuits to stall such a change for a long-enough period of time that in the end it wouldn't do anything.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Casimir Radon posted:

Joe is a hugger. He authored the VAWA and regularily condemns this kind of poo poo.
Also, I can't think of a single person who wouldn't welcome a little TLC from Great Uncle Joe.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trash person posted:

I'm still not sure why the GOP is trying to separate so much. It's too late to separate in the minds of most voters and by separating you're just throwing the party into chaos.
Because there are undoubtedly a lot of people in the GOP - employees and congresspeople - who were told to shut the gently caress up and support Trump or else their careers could be ended. They have the perfect opportunity to revolt.

The ones that have supported him will likely have to answer to voters at some point in the future, so they have to walk back their support ASAP.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Minimalist Program posted:

There is and it is going to drop next friday or the friday after that.
Monday. Do it at the start of the week.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

trash person posted:

I mean despite all of this Trump could still win! Things can happen. None of this changes the fact that people still hate Hilary Clinton. If I were in the GOP and I had ridden the Trump train this long I'd go for the Hail Mary and finish it out
Except supporting the guy after a video comes out with his voice on it literally talking about how he can sexually assault people because he's rich implicates that you're perfectly okay with such a thing.

Say all you want about how he was never qualified to be a nominee for President, let alone the President, but there's quite a gap between saying insulting things about people and talking gleefully about sexually violating them.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pick posted:

I really don't think Trump abuses his daughter, I just think he genuinely loves her but doesn't know the appropriate way to express love for a woman (or man for that matter) as opposed to mere randiness, and it ends up super skeevy.
To paraphrase the words of Janine Garofolo in that movie: "It's okay to love your daughter. Just don't love your daughter."

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

So this is what an 18hr erection feels like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

2spooky4me posted:

I'm still imagining an alternate universe where Joe Biden was the candidate.
Has a presidential election ever been won by 30%?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

lozzle posted:

Elliot Spitzer.

Maybe.
Chuck Shumer. I can't really think of anybody outside of the northeast that can stand him.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Zwabu posted:

Who is Bill Mitchell, anyway? Some kind of religious right type?
Based on his pictures he's Ray Liotta on a lot more cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fangz posted:

He could have beaten Biden. Biden wouldn't have been able to capitalise on this sort of crisis.
:stare: He absolutely would have. He's a little creepy, but as far as I know he's never openly bragged about grabbing women by the crotch because being a Senator makes him a big fuckin deal

• Locked thread