Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
This thread title is garbage, we were promised Prester Jane vindication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The avatar of female objectification

It even includes blood, obviously to remind us of menstruation, and decapitation, because obviously manly men kill anything that is on the rag

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

The only town-hall that Christie is a "guru" of is Taco Town

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

speng31b posted:

Stein said in an NPR interview that she was more worried about Hillary because she was competent enough to do bad things, while Trump would just be a worthless figurehead.

An opinion that only proves that she herself is worthless

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Man I just wanna give that woman a giant hug for as long as possible :smith:

Also, seriously, gently caress the LA Times tracking poll, I'm sick of it's poo poo.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

One more doc dump that will be pored over by people looking for anything juicy but will come up with nothing but "bad optics" and speculation.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

CelestialScribe posted:

Probably not but I am trying to adopt a positive tone.

Check out PEC right now it's getting god damned positive

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Pence: "HILLARY CLINTON HILL- HI- HILLARY CLINTON. HILLARY CLINTON."

A few minutes of cursory watching and it feels like Kaine is really excited to get words in edgewise, I think he should tone that down and instead try and be serious, which is what I feel from Pence right now even though I hate the actual words coming out of his mouth.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
"Hired president" vs "Fired president" sounds good on paper, sounds awkward coming out of Kaine

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Here we go

Pence is hitting on Kaine's awkward deliveries :ohdear:

It feels to me right now like Pence's bullshit is going to come off as a win just due to tone

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
"He faced some tough times 20 years ago... "

unlike the rest of the business world in the US at the time

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Pence is winning this through brute force and not being crazy like Trump. :mad:

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pence is a moron but Kaine is coming off like a huge dick

He reminds me of some goofy actor and I just can't put my finger on it.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

speng31b posted:

I don't think Kaine is blowing it. Seems like when he does respond out of turn, his points are clear and relevant.

Oh for sure, once he gets a chance to talk for more than 10 seconds some real reason and content comes out.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Hahah pretty good but that's not it. It'll come to me eventually, maybe in the year 2150.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Kaine's problem is Pence is good at telling a story that goes on and on and has at least 2 falsehoods in the middle in a place that makes Kaine have to either interrupt to try and correct the record or risk having the point lost as Pence continues for another 2 minutes and the subject changes.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeeeup. We're actually very lucky that the republican primary process can't pick competent republicans, because this is what they look like.

It's a good thing that Pence has the much bigger problem that he's Trump's running mate

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Pence is damned good at this and I hate him.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Dork457 posted:

I think Kaine started weak but is finding his footing.

Kaine has the advantage that his words have content and truth but Pence has the advantage of tone and I think that's what is going to win the night

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Pence cannot be baited like Trump, that's just how it is.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Fojar38 posted:

So sounds like Pence is winning huh

There isn't really much to win but yeah I think so.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Pastrymancy posted:

It sounds calm, authoritative and vaguely predictable which is a siren's song to the ~undecided voter~

This reminds me of Obama v Romney part 1, except that it probably won't make an impact on polls

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, Kaine is just awful at this. It's embarrassing.

Eh I don't think it's "embarassing," we were just hoping for more after the shellacking of last week.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

ImpAtom posted:

He's getting curbstomped by a guy who hasn't answered a question all night and is coming across as calm and reasonable compared to him. It's awful.

Ok yeah this exchange just now "Lets see if you can defend any of it!"... pretty bad.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
The GOP is going to push tonight HARD. They are going to use this as a way to say to GOP voters "see, don't be scared of Trump, he wants to put this Mr. Serious Guy in charge of everything!"

Pence has the kind of temperament that regular GOP people, non-crazy GOP people, like. He comes off as a stern police chief who takes no guff. Who cares if he's full of poo poo.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Ripoff posted:

Ugh, so much for Trump getting his rear end kicked, time to ride that hard Arzy poo poo and wait for the 50/50 chance for Trump to win it.

In the end it's still Trump who's running at the top of the ticket and what happens tonight hasn't erased any of the REALLY INSANE HUGE BOMBSHELL exposes that happened this week.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Pence stops realizing that the moderator or anyone else in the room exists anymore when he has a paragraph to finish.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Coheed and Camembert posted:

I think this is how most people will interpret this debate. There's no exciting moments of people yelling, no shoulder shimmies, and no meme-worthy lines. They'll just have to wait this out until Sunday.

I think this is the case, we only react like we do because we're the junkies.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

berserker posted:

Pence stops realizing that the moderator or anyone else in the room exists anymore when he has a paragraph to finish.

Quoting myself here

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
"That is absolutely false."
"That is absolutely true."

The debate in a nutshell people.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

sportsgenius86 posted:

The biggest thing from tonight is that there's a wealth of people that want to vote against Hillary but don't have a reason to justify a trump vote. Pence has given those people a justifiable reason.

He's still a complete jackass but more than any other election in recent memory, I think this debate matters because Pence has been a seemingly rational voice behind a guy that a lot of people couldn't bring themselves to vote for even if they wanted to

I just hope that people realize the insanity of voting for a Pres/VP ticket because you think the VP will keep the Pres from loving everything up.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Wait didn't we already find out back in like 2006 that the missle defense "shield" idea would never actually work?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Kaine taxes doesn't have to do with the subject cmon

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
"weak and feckless" pushing that hard.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

haunt for century posted:

wasn't "feckless" a Christie favorite not too long ago?

no you misheard him saying "pickles", he really loves pickles

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Pence saying "no we didn't" and laughing comes across as dickish like when Gore did it to Bush

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

ImpAtom posted:

Getting absolutely stomped on in a debate where your opponent is making easily refutable lies? Yes, that's being a bad politician. Pence isn't any less a hateful fascists con man than Trump is, Kaine is just getting hilariously walked on.

Nah it's just a debate tactic that is really hard to overcome. It didn't mean Obama was a "bad politician" when it happened to him in 2012.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
SENATOR PLEASE

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
WEAK AND FECKLESS LEADERSHIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Noirex posted:

It's genuinely scary. I hope he's not planning to run for POTUS anytime soon. I can see plenty of people falling for his psychotic like calmness while knowingly lying his rear end off.

He absolutely is, I think the reason he decided to jump onto Trump's ticket is for even more national exposure. I'm not sure he cares that the exposure is bad, especially seeing has how Donald "Bad Exposure" Trump succeeded in the primaries.

• Locked thread