Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mr Interweb posted:

Giuliani kept babbling about how Trump had to take those tax deductions because if he didn't, then his investors would be able to sue him.

Is there any truth to this?

Personal Taxes, not business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Deadulus posted:

I have only gotten a few episodes into Luke Cage, but I take it that the writer of that article has watched none of it.

The bad guys are a black gangster and a corrupt local black politician.

Luke Cage is also portrayed somewhat conservative with another character jokingly calling him Fox News when he goes off on criminals.

The series is a right wing wet dream, black people protesting the police in the show are doing it because a corrupt black politician is tricking them for her own advantage/to sow violence. They did do cop on black violence too but it was a black cop who was upset because his partner was killed and was punished right away reasonably but the black lives matter people still protest.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

gfsincere posted:

Re: Luke Cage discussion

Lololol you think the cop was punished reasonably (suspended without pay) after committing multiple felonies such as:
- kidnapping of a minor
- multiple civil rights violations
- assault of a minor
- battery of a minor
- also you get to tack on the "under the color of authority" enhancements and now you're talking federal charges, especially with the kidnapping charge.

But yeah, not getting paid for a bit is appropriate for that. /sarcasm

They should have burned that goddamn police station down for that poo poo.

Oh it was bad but it was portrayed as a lone cop going to far due to regret of his old friends death instead of a problem with the system itself.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

"I don't know anything about Russia"

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

2spooky4me posted:

Guys I'm willing to start entertaining the possibility that Trump is purposely destroying the Republican Party from within.

He really is making America great again. Maybe he has cancer and this is some last attempt chance to balance his karma out.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Again, I speak only for me and I'm not saying anything about what anyone should or shouldn't think.

To me, you have a responsibility as a Senator to make an informed decision. I don't think she made one, and I hold that against her because it was a failure that led to the worst foreign policy decision in American history. She wasn't solely responsible for it, but she did play a part in it.

It's the big reason I was hard in for Obama in '08 BTW. After living through W. and that weird time it was such a breath of fresh air to have a candidate who, not only was competent and had all the qualities that Obama has shown throughout his presidency, had no support of the Iraq war.

There is more to the world then one vote for the war, Bush made a deal with her for 9/11 relief money if she voted for something that was already going to happen and the people who elected her were pushing for it hard. Wanting to watch the rest of the world suffer and burn over something she admitted to regretting from over a dozen years ago is petty and just childish and doesn't make you appear smart or principled like you seem to think it does.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

My main NPR problem is when they have an "expert" from the Heritage Foundation on and let them spew their nonsense unchallanged which feels like it happens a great deal but I probably only notice it because it stands out when it does.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Crows Turn Off posted:

Jesus, Democratic control of the Senate just took a nose-dive today. I hope those bounce back a bit.

People at work are saying they are doing split ticket "to balance out Hillary" I guess several more years of nothing at all passing is what everyone wants.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I've never seen Sanders really speak outside of devolving into his stump at all times so I'm not really sure how he would of done in general.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

MizPiz posted:

Honestly, if Rubio or Jeb had gotten the nomination I wouldn't even entertain the thought of supporting Hillary. Every reason I have to vote for her boils down to Trump being her opponent.

Rubio and Jeb would pass the same harmful legislation Trump would just with a smile and better rhetoric.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Monaghan posted:

My only real hope for hillary and her foreign policy is that she realize that a no-fly zone is a dumbfuck idea.

She'll continue bombing brown people, that's for sure.

You know the no-fly zone is to help brown people from being bombed right?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Monaghan posted:

Maybe but it's still a risky move considering the russian backlash. Maybe the us should focus on it's own bombing of civilians first.

And can we stop pretending that the no-fly zone is for humanitarian reasons?

Why isn't it, are the Russians not bombing non-ISIS civilian targets?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Non Serviam posted:

The only reason why she should be president is because she's running against Trump, who's clinically insane. I can't believe anyone can genuinely admire or respect her in any way whatsoever.

Edit. Are we hosed already? Do you guys feel HRC will lose now?

Why not I respect her, she has done some amazing things in her 30 years in office/politics.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

SimonCat posted:

So awesome she wants to declare a no-fly zone over Syria, with no plan on what to do when the Russians violate it.

Speculation? or do you have a quote?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Non Serviam posted:

I thought people would be more nuanced, but they're willing to ignore anything.
The same Obama fanboys that seem to not care about the war crimes of his administration.

If you'd like to inform us of your perfect politician?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Odd I dont remember her saying she has no follow up plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Mixodorian posted:

She never said that.

Hillary is terrible and, based on what John Podesta said to the UAE ambassador to the US just 3 days ago, wants to kill Iranians.

Trump is worse, therefore the best option is for Hillary to win but relentlessly rally public pressure for her to not do evil things.

You don't need to reflexively defend her, or try to assassinate the character of Jill Stein.

Afraid she did, we do need to defend her as people go out of their way to make wide statements against her. Did you know Hillary single handedly started the Iraq war to satiate her bloodlust for Iraqis?

• Locked thread