Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I doubt hillary will get a second term, because the eurozone is pretty much about to collapse and cause another recession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

terrorist ambulance posted:

I don't get how people figure he's this alpha male figure. He's a cheap whiny little loser, and whenever he loses he can't acknowledge any fault or wrong; the system must be crooked or wrong if it produced any result other than him being #1. People identify him as this swaggering alpha male character, but his whole life screams insecurity and weakness.

Anyone who labels themself as an "Alpha male" pretty much is plagued by insecurity and weakness by default.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

RevKrule posted:

Diamond Joe has weighed in about the PTSD comments and to say he's not pleased is an understatement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS0nZt1Rtps

:smith: Diamond Joe I'm gonna miss you. You'll always be vice president, of my heart.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is either going to be a truly election-changing announcement.

But more likely something very boring everyone forgets about in a few days.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Augus posted:

I missed the debate how was it? Apparently this page is saying that Pence didn't do completely horrible and Trump is upset about that? lol

Pence looked way more presidential than Trump. He honestly did a good job. Basically threw him under the bus.

The most accurate thing I've heard about it is "Kaine had more substance, Pence had more style. Kaine was running for VP of 2016, Pence was running for President of 2020."

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

The worst part is now the Republicans get to declare that they were right to release that article declaring Pence the winner before the debate even started.

Ehh it's really a wash. Mike Pence won this debate. He did very well. But Donald Trump he was one of the losers in this debate. His VP literally would not defend him.

Edit: Mike Pence's career was the real clear uncontested winner in tonight's debate.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 5, 2016

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

remusclaw posted:

Nothing like launching your campaign with obvious lies that can be played over and over again in perpetuity alongside the evidence. But hey, who knows, maybe the evangelicals embrace cloning over the next few years and repopulate themselves enough to sweep Pence to victory!

Pence's performance was a masterful move in getting the establishment republicans on his side while making himself likeable and a known face to the Trumpster base. And he probably succeeded. At least with the establishment. Any politician worth his or her paycheck knows 2016 is Hillary's victory barring something unpredictable happening. People won't care about the lies, just he looked far more presidential than Trump ever did.

Mike Pence was protecting his future career.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Having never looked into the Juanita Broaddrick claims and without the time to do so before the debate, can someone sum up the evidence for/against (or if you know good links that could be quick reads)? Even if the whole situation afterwards (the threatening and whatnot) seems a bit ... overplayed? (not sure what word I'm looking for here is), it still is a very serious claim, and the claim is at least feasible inside of the power structure dynamic and (alleged) behaviors of Bill?

It probably happened honestly. She made some very accurate remarks. Like outside of the hotel room there was a prison being built in sight, and Bill made a comment on it. Going back to that room and the timeline, that would actually be a thing. It's a very specific obscure minor detail that makes the whole thing plausible.

But who knows? It's plausible but it's a he said she said thing.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Simplex posted:

Honest question, is there a timeline of events that demonstrates that Wikileaks wasn't always associated with the Russian government?

Yeah as it got brought up, once Assange was forced to live in a tiny little embassy, forever, he most certainly needed friends and sold out to Vlad. I don't blame him. He had no friends. No protection. It was sell out or get sent up the river.

I'm amazed just looking at wikileaks how hilariously partisan it is now.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

lozzle posted:

I too don't blame rapists for cozying up to dictators to avoid trial.

I never defended his ethics, just understood his choice.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Do it Donald. Go all the way.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Double post but

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/admit-it-you-people-want-see-how-far-goes-dont-you-50895

Yeah you called it, Onion. Feels like a lifetime ago now.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Nah. The country would 100% be better off if conservatives had no say. That isn't realistic and voter suppression and other poo poo like that just blows back on us so it isn't a good goal, but if I could snap my fingers and make it so only good progressive candidates could win office across the land you bet your rear end I'd do it. gently caress the fascists.

Woosh, that was the sound of the irony going over your head.

Denying people the right to vote, because they don't vote the way you want, puts you in good company with fascism. Everyone who can make an informed decision should get the right to vote because it's the right thing to do.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I knew there was something off about Penisaurus Sex but I didn't expect him to start outright defending fascism's right exist as a political entity.

In democracy, you're allowed to vote for stupid decisions. It's your right as a citizen in the United States. People will vote for stupid poo poo if the alternatives legitimately don't work out for them.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Cruising USA and double posting.

quote:

Wow, that clip is tailor made for an attack ad.

After everything that is coming out now, what the flying gently caress were republican opposition researchers doing january through august? It's amazing to think they were so lazy they missed all this poo poo.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

HookedOnChthonics posted:

What do we even need an asteroid-load of copper for? What would we do with it? Is the suggestion purely that getting it from space would somehow be cheaper/more efficient than mining or recycling terrestrial copper?

It's less efficient but asteroid mining would solve most of Earth's scarcity issues for a long long long time.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

SNL can gently caress off

You don't give a white nationalist a national stage to humanize himself just because you think he's harmless

I still think the CC roast from 2011 was some bullshit too. The media let him get away with poo poo for so long because they saw him as harmless and its cost the loving country.

Nobody knew Trump was insane in 2011 or until relatively recently.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sensible Thursday posted:

Hey uh so for those of us who haven't taken a civics class in a while can someone explain what the point of taking the Senate without the House is?

Hillary for the next 2 years gets to put in the most liberal metrosexual european hollywood gay agenda supreme court justices in the bench.

quote:

Also lol people knew he was insane and racist in the loving 80s what are you talking about
People knew. Not the country.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lol this email investigation thing is minor league bullshit.

We're days away from the election. Unless they put out something damning, this will change very little.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The arzying in this thread is incredible.

If the FBI had any evidence they'd present it. This is literally Comey just trying to save face after getting browbeaten and help down ticket republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

More anti-arzy:

Donald Trump will say something really stupid within a few days, and the clock will be reset.

• Locked thread