Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

HorseRenoir posted:

I think the GOP can regain voters again by dropping the racial angle and focusing on suckering people in with libertarian bullshit, but it would be a drastic, painful realignment that would temporarily result in Dem dominance.

It would also shatter the coalition between religion-motivated voters and economics-motivated voters. The GOP would be straight-up annihilated at the national level if white evangelicals stayed home on Election Day. Giving up the culture war is not a winning strategy, as it's provided the incentive for a ton of single-issue voters over the last decade or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Queering Wheel posted:

At least Trump losing will give us some hope that global warming won't become guaranteed apocalypse-level bad, considering the stupid fucker doesn't believe in it, and wants us to start mining and burning shitloads of coal again.

Unhappily for this outlook, there are lots of other countries in the world that are still reliant on fossil fuels for energy production. Even if the US takes the lead and makes a massive shift towards baseline nuclear and green support, it's still a lot to ask of developing nations that they give up easy, cheap energy that they may already have within their borders.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
It would be interesting to see someone try to push for US-built, locally-maintained nuclear plants around the world. Replace the government subsidized military industrial complex with a government subsidized energy industrial complex. I'm pretty sure nuclear is cheaper per kWh than fossils, but I would love to hear someone more knowledgeable than me explain why this is a terrible idea.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Speaking of irresponsible, the only mention of Farage's current ties to the Trump campaign is a single article on the Guardian that is a flat denial of involvement? At least wait until he's made the flight across the Atlantic before coming to that conclusion, or for another source to pick up the story.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Can I just point out something:

Today, Republican Nominee Donald Trump suggested that his opponent was literally cheating on her husband and it is not even in the top three things people are discussing about him today. How loving crazy is that that "the candidate openly suggested that his opponent was cheating on her spouse" is just a minor news note.

What are the three?

(1) NYT taxes story
(2) Still on the Machado warpath?
(3) ?????

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

I shamelessly stole this and put it on my Facebook feed. Thank you for brightening my day.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
For the record,

Grundulum on Facebook posted:

Extremely cynical Bernie-to-Stein friend posted:

unfortunately he underestimated the american media's attention to governmental indiscretions in favor of trump articles and kardashian news

This is the guy who complains constantly (as above) about how horrible a person Hillary Clinton is, but believes Assange can do no wrong as he tries to take her down. There's something ironic about that, I'm pretty sure.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

lozzle posted:

Yeah I don't get the "these women who knowingly slept with a married man are victims of his evil bitch of a wife :qq: " narrative.

You're ignoring the power imbalance when the governor/president invites you into an affair. These women may not have felt like they had a choice in the matter, which then makes a campaign to undermine their accusations especially scummy.

Going after Hillary for this is totally a target of opportunity rather than any sort of actual moral outrage. Like how somehow Benghazi shifted to being Hillary's fault after Obama won the 2012 election.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Euphoriaphone posted:

Why the gently caress do people keep mentioning corn cobs?

Read the OP. ComradeCosmobot puts effort into it each month.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
That Wikileaks tweet is already being rebroadcast on Facebook by the usual suspects.

Sorely tempted to respond with #ImWithHer, but don't really feel like getting into an argument today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Posting from page 1001 to say I want in on the Hombres/Womyn gang tag if that's still on the table.

See you in 60-70 pages!

• Locked thread