Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friends and I have gone back to Left 4 Dead 2 as our October Spooky Game. I still mostly play the campaigns from 1 though because they were way better. 2 has too many big, open spaces to meander through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

raditts posted:

It accidentally unlocked a couple of weeks ago for people who preloaded it, and everything I've heard about it sounds good.

You can just play the campaigns from 1 in 2, can't you?
Back when I still played it, those mods that allowed like 20 players at the same time were so much goddamn fun.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I just avoid the campaigns from 2 because they are almost universally bad.

I could play No Mercy and Dead Air all day though.,

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It's not a video game but I started playing D&D with some friends of mine! Funny that we would get into it in our mid-20s but I'm not complaining.

It's really fun, I wish I'd started sooner!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Dang, nice, our party started at level 1

:rimshot:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

We were fighting a witch last night and my friend (a wild mage) was hiding in a tree because he's incredibly squishy. He cast a spell on a stick and threw it at her, but got a bad roll and got hit with a surge. Throwing the stick ended up causing his skull to shrink and nearly killed him.

Oh and he missed.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I thought the gameplay in The Last of Us was really, really good and fun. I like being stealthy though so I guess it wouldn't be as good if you want to shoot everything.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I never play single player games anymore. I don't know what it is but I feel like a switch flipped in my brain around a year ago. Now when I sit down in the evening to play something it's almost always overwatch or something coop that I can play with friends.

Maybe I just need something good to come out and kick me from this funk.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

might i interest you in

persona

five

Looks cool but I've never been into the whole turn based combat system. Every once in a while I'll pick one up hoping it might be different but it just doesn't hold my interest (also, why does every jrpg need to be hundreds of hours long? )

I'm actually pretty excited for the new final fantasy though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The new DBZ game came out today and it looks loving boss. Unfortunately I'm not in the financial situation I was when the first one came out so I can't blow $60 on it (especially with Dishonored 2 around the corner) but goddamn I want some gokus in my life.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Just started playing Oxenfree after getting it in the new Humble Bundle. This game is...not at all what I was expecting. In a really good way. It would be a disservice to the game to go into any more detail, but it's worth checking out.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I'm glad my service industry jobs almost all involved delivering food. Lots of sitting in your car listening to music, very little interacting with customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Also one of the highest risks of being robbed or killed on the job!

True. I worked in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods though and never felt at risk. Obviously anecdotal but there you go.

• Locked thread