Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm using October to play some scary games I've never touched and run through Silent Hill 1 through 4. I'm stuck in the hospital in Silent Hill 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

So, like, is it me or is Pac-Man Championship Editon 2 kind of overly-bloated? I think i liked the first one more. The new one has more features but they feel kinda gimmicky rather than fun and the massive nerf to ghosts just feels weird.

I like CE2 a lot more just because they made high scoring runs more complicated. You need to be really really good at heading off ghost trains during the eating phase and understanding how to optimally position fruit during the pellet phase to shave seconds off your run. I've been playing it once or twice a day since release and trying to get better, but people in the top 10 are really staring to widen the gap in ability

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

Says a person who has never played Metal Gear Solid 4

What the f*ck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Star Wars sucks lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Why was Jimi Hendrix in that game

He wasn't in my file, it's got a split story based on who you save at the very beginning of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My ideal game, RE1's combat mixed with randomly generated levels and loot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Isn't that sort of the Vita Silent Hill game?

Idk I just started Silent Hill 1 two days ago, I need some time to catch up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jittery textures are kinda cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't like Rogue Legacy because of the permanent upgrades

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Notch is cool and I wish I could be him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

If you had Notch's money, what would you do with it?

Become an alcoholic and gain 70lbs probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

Someone explain to me why Silent Hill 1 has not yet been remade.

It's so loving good but also so loving ugly so it's like the number one game due for a good hard remaking, come on.

Ive been playing it this week and its not that ugly. The terrible draw distance just got utilized as aesthetic and it works pretty well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

happy october i made a thing

Very cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the scariest ruler to play in CKII for October

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

i got eu4 instead of ck2 did i make a mistake

I like EU4 enormously more than CKII, there's just a big patch and expansion coming next week and I wanted to play a map game so I chose to install and boot up CKII for the first time in 4 years instead and I realize I cannot remember how to play this game for the life of me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

i am going to play nuclear throne and stellaris and probably eu4 soon. and color splash later

Is Stellaris better yet? I played a lot of it at launch multi but I got really bored of SP really fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

basically i just conquer all races and purge the ugly ones and let the pretty ones be scientists and generals in my beautiful utopia

e: also i play hyperlanes only which is the only true way to play

e2: when you and another large empire team up to crush a third large empire, and then a weak empire grinds themselves down to get the scraps and you conquer them too 😘👌

I thought the coolest way to play was the wormhole one because you could super devious with war strategies

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

what was the first indie game and does that question really mean anything

In the modern understanding it's probably cave story

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What most people consider "indie development" currently though is just how video game development functioned prior to the 3D era, with the key difference being that people actually finished the games thy made instead of ripping people off with Early Access

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

My advice to anyone in any situation would be to buy and play video games

I might pick up Bravely Default 2 today or tomorrow because I'm nearly done with the DQ7 post game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For Coin-optober you should see if you live near any arcades and play any game you can find that would be impossible to emulate properly because of the cabinet design and play that because they're unique experiences that won't exist once the hardware breaks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Do people like the audio logs in The Witness

I like the video I watched on YouTube that is just a clip from Nostalghia

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nah man check out some of the gears of war and call of duty limited editions from the height of their popularity

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snak posted:

Yeah, two of the most popular franchises in American had some crazy poo poo. It's way more common in Japanese games.

I mean theres still stuff in like Dead Island and Witcher and others. Its not uncommon. Hell even indie games are starting to ship with physical bonus goodies like Shantae and Shovel Knight, although more than likely thats because pretty clearly inspired by the Japanese counterparts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah I know that AAA games tend to get big fancy preorder packages, I just meant that it seems like a lot of japanese games have it regardless and I wasn't sure if that was just confirmation bias on my part or if japan actually does do that kind of thing more often with its games, both AAA and not

I have to imagine the Japanese stuff just gets more coverage because people are like "look at this crazy one that has a boob mousepad" or w/e. Same reason why Dead Island got so much coverage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

hi i don't know how to play eu4 who should i be

should i be burgundy

Be a color you like

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Video games are good, but nerd swag is bad.

Why?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive got a fairly swag blow up Teddie doll thats weighted and flops around like Bozo the Clown when you punch it, that things pretty cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To be clear the post I originally quoted said "pre-order bonuses" not "nerd swag"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

help burgundy is slowly losing money how do i build mining stations

Take from the weak because its your god given right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never knew about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-RvnO2eKQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

I have Nuclear Throne, but I tried it a grand total of once and had no idea what was happening.

This was me at one time but then I tried getting into it again and I love it now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played through Yakuza 1 and 2 thinking to play through the whole series when 5 came out but after the first two I was so sick of the combat that I gave up on the series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me and all my friends called it a sness

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NES = Nintendo
SNES = sness
Nintendo 64 = 64
Gamecube = The Cube
Wii = Wii
Wii U = no one talks about it
any xbox = xbox, and then if you have to clarify you just say what year the game came out in
Playstation is easy with the numbers
Sega consoles = lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Dreamcast is a top tier console name

e: Master System is also extremely good

Saturn is too. I like their consoles its just I was never a SEGA kid and the only person in our school who owned a genesis also had pet bugs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Megadrive or Genesis, which was the better name

I think Megadrive. It sounds more badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fancy a spot o' Probotector on the Megadrive?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FanaticalMilk posted:

Somebody posted a picture of the Hello Games' studio on reddit/imgur that made it look like they had gone out of business, or at least were no longer working out of the address people knew them to be at.

That's a shame, I was hoping for a new joe danger at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its so crazy that the PS4 has been out for 3 years and Sony has brought out one exclusive game of note. Think of the library PS2 had by 2003 and its shameful in comparison

• Locked thread