Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is there a decent non-virused Pokémon reference app (locations, moves, strengths/weaknesses, etc) for Android? Kind of annoying having to go to Bulbapedia for anything because Wikia websites run like rear end on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

All FF plots are insane but 8 and 10 really go off the rails with the weird poo poo. 8's ending was the loving weirdest though when it implies that the succession of Ultimecia through Edea is a never ending cycle and trying to stop it is a Sisyphean task.

FF1 kept the time shenanigans simple: you go back in time and kill Chaos before he can gently caress anything up.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bicyclops posted:

Not even FF1 kept it simple: it's a time loop, with the Fiends and Chaos/Garland, sending each other back and forth through time, and beating them makes everyone forget the Light Warriors ever existed.

I don't really remember that at all but It's been a long time so I guess I forgot.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bicyclops posted:

As it turns out, it's pretty hard to learn through tiny blue boxes that just say things like "I AM GARLAND, AND I WILL KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN."

I bet Garland was good at bowling

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bicyclops posted:

the whole Laguna is Squall's Dad thing feels like... okay? i guess? Am I supposed to feel something about this or...?

IMO this is some good character development poo poo they really could have built up but completely whiffed it. Turns out their relationship wasn't at all important except as a vessel for Ellone to bring their causes together. I think. I dunno if I even got that part right.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Looper posted:

in the spirit of the holiday I decided to do the scariest thing imaginable and teach a class of undergrads for the first time

And today I'm realizing that the real scary thing is grading a bunch of first-year assignments on a rubric that badly needs to be updated because it isn't comprehensive enough. Going to be a hell of a week!

One of the games I found scary as a kid was The 7th Saga, probably because the dungeons were dark and some of the enemy designs were lovecraftian body horror monstrosities. Now that I'm an adult I realize that these designs actually kick rear end.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Happy Thanksgaming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Is there even such a thing as a thanksgiving game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYuawSWLdlg

• Locked thread