Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I feel like software bloat's getting a bit silly lately. The install time on Doom 4 was like an entire work day for me.

Comcast just rolled out their 1 tb caps nationwide in the US and with so many major releases coming out so close to each other it's not so hard to imagine a lot of people hitting them just by buying a few games on top of their Netflix/streaming video usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Yo controllers and mouse and keyboard aren't weird. Tell me the weirdo setups you've used to play a game.

Playing a platformer with your feet, Soul Calibur with a fishing controller, etc.

i beat soul calibur with a ddr pad once

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

In Training posted:

Every single game requires this, because games are designed for general targets instead of specific hardware. Also the only games I play MKB is FPSes

I haven't played a mainstream game in years that required any kind of manual setup to get an Xbox controller working

Graphic setting auto detection has definitely improved in leaps and bounds recently. Microsoft's implementation of dynamic settings adjustment in Forza Horizon 3 is pretty cool, if a little hampered by technical issues in the game.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't like playing in parties because I might decide to just do something else after 20 minutes

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

in one final hilarious "gently caress you" to consumers, Turtle Rock dropped support of Evolve in the midst of doing the Phase 2 and also cancelled the Phase 2 poo poo for consoles after a sale for it happened weeks ago. jesus christ

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/our-final-message-to-our-evolve-community/106117

wow I genuinely thought going F2P would grant it a decent lifespan

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

It must be kind of cool to be a kid growing up playing video games in 2016 when you have a bunch of actually pretty ok free to play stuff like hearthstone/mobas/evolve/overwatch clones instead of playing the same ps1 demo discs over and over (though I guess in my teens I played a lot of terrible f2p mmos like runescape/maple story)

I remember spending a lot of time signing up for game betas lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I only play games with the highest number of E3 awards, like Simcity and No Mans Sky

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nosh..nosh...nosh-talgia. Nosh. Talgia.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ISIS coordinated a terrorist attack through custom planet and animal names so Hello Games is under a federal gag order until the investigation concludes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

precision posted:

Got the Skyrim Remaster. Can't wait to get off work and spend all night trying to make a character that isn't ugly :newlol:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nobody played the original Doom by speed running everywhere, they used the keyboard to turn and slowly walked through it like it was a survival horror game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We had to wait a while but Respawn finally gave us Shogo 2

• Locked thread