Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Doing the horror game thing this month again for like the fourth or fifth year. Want to beat the second loop in Castlevania (I did VS on hard last year), maybe Vampire Killer MSX and 3, play that newish Echo Night translation, and maybe continue Ghost 'n Goblins or something :spooky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Man I am insanely jealous of those pumpkin pals tags.

Er, just a quick reminder the month is 2/3 over so you might want to get on those :spooky: games! Myself I did practically everything I wanted, beat both loops of Vampire Killer MSX, multiple loops of Castlevania, almost got all the endings in Echo Night 2, and am pretty far in Boktai 3 (besides a bunch of other non-gaming projects and life stuff). Not a bad month if you ignore all the other bs!

To celebrate I made this goofy Vampire Killer gif of the goofy final boss:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I've been playing the Dying Light DLC that came out earlier this year and I have such mixed feelings on it. It boils down to the fact that to accommodate the awesome driving they added in, they had to design the new area with lots of flat ground and roads, which massively cuts down on the awesome parkour that made the base game so enjoyable.

I understand the design decision to not give you a "car, please teleport next to me so I don't have to run all the way to you" button considering the kind of setting it is and how a lot of the gameplay is about traversing dangerous mobs of zombies, but I still really wish there was one. You can get pretty loving far from the buggy while dicking around on foot.

Oh, and the writing remains maybe the worst I've ever seen in a AAA game.
I think I hated it, actually. Not just that but it seemed real easy to get stuck on objects (Welp, that haystack is non-destructible. Oh, another near-hidden rock near a ramp. Great, more forest between the other side of the mountain). And they made the running zombies more annoying to emphasize driving.

• Locked thread