Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's not very spooky but me and my friends started playing Overcooked and it's pretty fun. You definitely need 4 people or else its pretty difficult on certain levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He sucked that straw til the toad turned white

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Were the paper crafts in Paper Jam made out of paper Toads or did I imagine that?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I'm thinking of making my 2017 Gaming themed. In that, each month I play a specific kind of game and only that sort of game for the whole month in order to whittle down my backlog.

So far I have

Japanuary - Jrpgs and games from the Japanese developers.
Fpsbruary - 1st person shooters only.
March -
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
Spooktober - Scary games/games designed to create fear.
Neverember - Classics I own that I've never gotten round to (scary amount of this).
Indecember - Indie Games.

Can anyone help with suggestions months and styles of games?

Celebrate Christmas in july and only play ice levels for the month

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm not sure what makes NMS innovative but I honestly can't think of any innovative games this year besides pokemon go, and that's just ingress with pokeball tossing.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ok what loving joker nominated Battleborn for best visual design

E: Undertale is nominated for best indie game :golfclap:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm not sure that they do screenings since the academy guy I knew would get advance copies of films in the mail. Maybe they stopped doing that since the movies would show up on torrent sites with the watermarks edited out.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

A game so nice it'll win awards twice

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wish he'd get Joel McHale back this year, they had a pretty good rapport and Joel was great at curbing the gamer culture stuff.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I started a saint practice run on Dead Rising, where I'm trying to save every survivor without using a guide, and I've been having trouble saving the Japanese tourists since I kept trying to drag them through the north plaza at night. This run I had successfully paced it well and made it back to paradise plaza with them intact, then I accidentally headshot Shinji with the buster and killed him instantly :doh:

I swear Shinji, I'll save you next time 😞

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

oddium posted:

good luck. i believe in you. also remember to use the target + "follow me c'mon" to set waypoints

Yeah that's why I'm doing a practice run. I wanna get good at managing survivors so I can play a little riskier when I actually do the Saint run, since saving with survivors is an ordeal unless its when you're passing through the shortcut

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I got RE6 at the recommendation of a friend who somehow enjoys the story and I gave up on it because the shaky cam made the keyboard controls feel extra weird.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I continued my practice run on Dead Rising last night. I knew Isabela was still difficult with the MegaMan buster, but Kent of all people almost killed me by juggling me with his stupid kick.

Everything about that guy sucks.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Open worlds are only good in games that have a "loving around" appeal, like GTA or Just Cause, without that it's just a waste of time for the developer and the player

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

God drat but Grim Dawn is so poorly optimized. My poor laptop chugs just running it on the lowest settings and it's just intolerable for playing it for more than ten minutes at a time, which is not good. :( I kind of wish I hadn't picked it up at all now, but I got it through the Humble Monthly Bundle so I can't refund it now.

How? That game has visuals from the early 2000s

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

oddium posted:

did you have to look up what he wants for a picture because i don't think the game actually tells you until the last encounter and it's rude

How could I forget the mandatory creepshot?

I think the only way to find out it to look at the scoop on your watch and wait for the description to slowly marquee.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 3, 2016

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

47,455 people playing Paladins :wth:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Shaq seems like a legitimately nice dude

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wonder if Shaq Fu 2 will come out before Barkley 2

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah I'm gonna go watch a video the exact same length as the movie it's about so I can learn why it sucks

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

gently caress you guys I'm gonna go make a procedurally generated pixel moba of epic proportions and nobody is going to stop me

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The silver age of indie gaming

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Please like all future game releases Oddiom, for the sake of gamers everywhere

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I almost thought that F2oggy was Frog Fractions 2

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He should have taken it and given it to charity

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Fuligin posted:

notch is gaming's howard hughes, or something

He's the complete opposite of Hughes while somehow still a huge rear end in a top hat

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

If you had Notch's money, what would you do with it?

I'd open my own game studio and make lovely games that only I want to play

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

meaning what

The last time I played, warlocks had a mechanic where they'd do more damage to one target if they had dots rolling on other targets. Blizzard basically gave warlocks permission to be scumbags in every encounter despite the handful of fights that required you to keep certain enemies alive for fight mechanics.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

CJacobs posted:

It didn't cure him of his addiction to being a fuckin oval office so no he's pretty wrong as it turns out

I doubt he would take LSD or even has the means to find it. He probably read the Wikipedia page while drunk and started babbling about it online

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I didn't realize the new River city 3DS game was out and apparently they only sold a handful of copies on amazon that got snatched up by scalpers :argh:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oh poo poo Silver Case got a PC port?!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I put in for three days off including my birthday, but I did not foresee the result being seven straight days of work. gently caress me I guess!

Today's my birthday and I was so caught up planning our wedding later this month I forgot to ask off :v:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah he's gotta leave some room for jelly bean dispensers

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Steep beta started today, but its under NDA

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Kill the tentacle people and those shifty blue fucks. The chicken people should cause no problems in your galaxy as long as you scatter loose corn all over the surface of their planets.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I've only encountered one bug on Mafia 3 and it was at the beginning. The italian guy was flipping a coin while waiting for me and when I caught up to him he dropped the coin and I thought, "man that coin on the floor is pretty detailed", then it started sliding around on the floor as it followed his model while he walked.

Speaking of buggy games, Steep is not as broken as you'd expect for an ubisoft product. It controls pretty well and restarting runs is nice and snappy. My only complaint is the lack of control while you're ragdolling, they're missing out a potentially great side activity.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Please don't wipe out the Yeerks, they're pretty harmless

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

bloodychill posted:

When my best friend in elementary school wanted a Super Nintendo for his birthday, his mom refused that year under the reasoning that there would just be a "Super Duper Nintendo" the next year.

I kind of wish there was.

She had a dark premonition of the future of gaming

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I need to get a CD burner and burn all the DC classics before CD-Rs are phased out completely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/YourFriendMario/status/784830731780521984

Thanks Mario, this really helped me understand

• Locked thread