Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't it weird how we never got a Star Wars video game where you play as Luke and run around with a lightsaber.

Like yeah the old platformers on NES and SNES and whatever but all those Jedi Knight, Shadows of the Empire, Force Unleashed, Bioware RPGs, terrible prequel games, and I can't think of a single one where you play as The Guy From Star Wars.

Rebel Strike :madmax:

Actually, the other Rogue Squadrons at least technically have you playing as Luke most of the time, though Strike's the only one with running around with a lightsaber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Nate RFB posted:

You should play Tetris Battle Gaiden, that game is nuts.

Battle Gaiden's cool but I wish there were a way to speed it up.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

bloodychill posted:

The Goonies 2 on NES. I was a huge Goonies fan so every time I visited my cousin who had the game, I'd bug him to let me play even though he hated it. It was not a very good game in retrospect but 6 year old me did not recognize this. The title is still funny to me though because it purports to be the sequel to the movie. There is no "Goonies 1" NES game.

Few pages back, but there actually *was* a Goonies 1 game for the Famicom. It actually got a limited American release on the Playchoice 10 and as Vs. The Goonies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zruCkeTDFb8

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Anemone posted:

Sounds to me like there's a fortune to be made in looking up skirts games then!

You're correct.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Tunahead posted:

The most magical thing about games on tape was that since all the data was just audio, some early nerd shows would have a segment where the presenter would go "okay get your tape decks ready because we're about to broadcast ghastly screeching noises that you can run on your C64"

I think some magazines sent out floppy vinyl records that had code on them, too, that you then dubbed to a tape.

Every time this comes up I gotta mention Bangai-O Spirits doing basically the same thing for its level sharing feature. Levels you create can be output as audio, so you can record it on your computer by hooking the headphone port on the DS to the line in on your PC or using a microphone. Put it somewhere on the internet (like YouTube!) and others can then record the audio data back into the game by pressing a headphone/earbud up against the DS microphone. Way to future-proof against the shutdown of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ewto3ntzQ

Phantasium posted:

Yo controllers and mouse and keyboard aren't weird. Tell me the weirdo setups you've used to play a game.

Playing a platformer with your feet, Soul Calibur with a fishing controller, etc.

Playing Capcom vs. SNK 2 with the Gamecube controller.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Phantasium posted:

Namco just signs off on weird poo poo with dead franchises.

Remember that they okayed a dating sim with dead Namco characters done by the Homestuck guy.

Also Dig Dug is in the same universe as Ace Combat.

Wayforward did a Wonder Momo game for mobile. Apparently it's since been delisted.

I bet all the crossover games are now Mr. Driller canon, but not canon for Capcom/Sega/Nintendo/etc. Bad Box Art Mega Man is now Susumu Hori's cousin.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Give him a math problem using the various codec frequencies. Make the answer Meryl's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

lets hang out posted:

I once found a game called Dracula in London on a shareware cd, it was a board game where the players were characters from the book and would take turns investigating places in town looking for Dracula's coffin. When you actually entered a location looking for him it would change to be like a turn based rpg and players could move their characters around the place individually. Every time I found Dracula awake I would try to fight him which usually didn't go well.

I had the same experience except I didn't know it was supposed to be multiple players and I just played all the characters. I actually read Dracula afterwards and was surprised how many of the events that could happen in the game were right out of the book.

• Locked thread