Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy Civ VI Month!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They've been very generous with info about the game and its mechanics over the past few months, and the NDA on the pre-release ended not too long ago so there's videos up already

Maybe that's what youve been indirectly absorbing, I dunno

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Uhh did Undertale really only come out in 2016?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

These awards aren't credible at all!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hell almost everyone is better than Kobe Bryant

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm replaying Dark Souls 3 (aka Dark Souls III) in preparation for the new DLC (and to enjoy my new video card) and it is still gooooood.

I've learnt that my playstyle, being slow and exploratory, prefers to play offline. Online doesn't offer anything I'm interested in, even "Hurrah for skeleton, therefore skeleton" messages aren't worth the hassle of being invaded by someone who is probably better than me at the game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Try jumping, lizard ahead

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Are you a member of the dev team?

Yes, please forward your complaints about poise to me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some good recent Star Wars games? Last I played was like the Old Republic

e: I mean the Old Republic was my last Star Wars game, I don't remember if it was good or not

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

star wars kinect is funny and humor is good

do you mean kotor or the mmo thing?

The MMO, I played it for a month when it first came out, but none of my friends wanted in on it so I just dropped it. I can't remember much about it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Force Diversity is a light side power?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Does that also mean that if you don't like a game, it's bad? Might be a useful thing to harness

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Notch is having some kind of LSD fueled meltdown on twitter at the moment or something :raise:

What's he saying?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stay safe Notch :ohdear:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If you had Notch's money, what would you do with it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

oddium posted:

happy october i made a thing

Thank you!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like both

But I have more hours in EU4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In Training posted:

What's the scariest ruler to play in CKII for October

There's a Karling (i.e. the last living direct descendent of Charles the Great) in 1066 somewhere in France, with trash land, try to reclaim your rightful land, (i.e. most of Europe)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

EU4 taught me things like where Borneo is, it's an enriching game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't like cats too much but that's a good cat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ceci n'est pas un jeu fabriqué en Chine.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Do people like the audio logs in The Witness

No

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

quote:

Am I doing this right?

Yeah you're doing great

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ottomans is considered the friendliest start for a new player because it's impossible to lose a war for the first two hundred years

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've heard a rumour that video games are bad, is that corroborated anywhere?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Disband your army, be the change you want to see

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stardew Valley's pretty good. But I played a whole lot of it when it first came out, and i was under a terrible depression at the time, and the game definitely exacerbated it, so watch out I guess

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well, I mean, ehhhhhh....

But thank you.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I would call it the gaming equivalent of fatty comfort food. At least it was for me. It's got the classic "numbers going up" thing tied to menial, repetitive tasks. It's pure escapism.

Here's a (positive) Steam review of the game I just looked up that kinda illustrates why it's a bad idea to play it when you're depressed:

quote:

There are two kinds of games, games that gets your blood pumping, and games that sooths your soul. Stardew Valley falls in the latter category. Case in point, myself. A year or two ago I was rejected in the most publicly humiliating way possible by my crushes, needless to say I was utterly heart broken. For a while I was quite depressed, cut ties with a lot of people, angry with a lot of people, the whole nine yards. Then came Stardew Valley. Thinking back to all the fond memories I have with similar harvest moon type game. I've decided to scoop it up during a sale and immediately jump into it. Just like that, I was hooked. There is something indescribable about farming simulator. Short of actual farming, farming simulator such as Stardew Valley is about as soul healing as it gets. Over the course of months I've sink nearly all my free time into Stardew Valley growing crops, reading up wiki, interacting with the in game NPC, and while I'm doing that, all my real world problem fades away; I'm not surrouded by peers who alienated me, I'm living on a farm growing crops, tending animals, growing a community. And that's what makes Stardew Valley such a wonderful must have game.

Isn't that just the saddest thing?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I vote for chocobo cyclops

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kill cthulhu-man

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is a good video. The mirror scene is Silent Hill-grade horror

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CJacobs posted:

From the glitch thread in PYF:

:stonk:

Ha wow, that's thread is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Moo Moo Farm

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You'll definitely need a polygamy mod

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah man, there's a mod for anything you could ever want, such as turning your livestock sprites into anime monster girls

Such a mod is on the Top 100 mod list on the Nexus website, which hopefully doesn't surprise you

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Beat Dark Souls III :toot:

Except the Nameless King, gently caress that guy :confuoot:

Check out my King Vendrick costume

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has anyone had any luck with the heavier, slower weapons? They seem to be pretty terrible, what with the changes to poise and the extra stamina they consume.

I got through the game using a long sword that had dropped very early on, infused with Raw, paired with the pyromancy weapon buff. The times I found a cool-looking greatsword or greathammer (I.e. most greatswords and greathammers), I upgraded them to near-max then used them for all of one room, because I couldn't handle how I only had the stamina for two or three swings, versus the six or seven I could manage with my long sword. I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The official Nintendo magazine from the UK called the ps2 the "greystation poo", and for some reason that was okay

• Locked thread