Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This thread is haunted!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

I know that No Man's Sky is old hat but these last two minutes are such an amazing cosmic joke that if it was intentional it would be brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd8vLJ66Vhc&t=1896s

that guy's a loving baby

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

because the cutscenes in quantum break are full-length live-action television episodes

I still can't believe this happened.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A Paldins dev made a big ol reddit post about how their game wasn't intended to be a clone. I get a sense that they discovered at some point that their game gets more and more successful the more they make it like Overwatch, so they just ran with it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's a bunch of promising looking ps4 exclusives coming out within a few months: DQ Builders, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Nier: Automata, Persona 5. I might finally pick one up.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if I would scam broken space nerds out of hundreds of millions of dollars if I had the chance

I would but I would also have more fun doing so

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Shadow Warrior 2 is the game of the month in my opinion. Very funny dialog and really good gameplay.

It is a great game but the dialog is awful lol

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You know what the Switch needs? A skateboarding game.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

There better be Mario Maker.

We don't know if the tablet has a touchscreen :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

We don't know if the tablet has a touchscreen :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Read, you fool.

We have no confirmation for anything on that list, so we still know nothing.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

I played Super Mario Maker every day for like 6 months, I hope it goes along with the Switch.

Here's the thing: if they made SMM for the Switch it would mean that a major feature of the game would only work when it's not connected to a TV. That's why I'm skeptical when people say it has a touchscreen, because that's the kind of thing that would blur the portable/console hybrid thing they're going for.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

What is the difference between an IPA and a lager, and what should I look for to figure out which is which?

e: well ^^ That post answers some of that at least :D thanks!

IPAs are just called IPAs, they're very bitter so you end up drinking them slowly. This makes them easier to appreciate, and it can keep you from drinking too much too fast.

They're popular, I think because people feel like they're superior for liking something very bitter? But yea they can still be very good.

If you see something you like in the grocery store look them up online, there's lots of sites of folks talking about beer and you can find good stuff that way. My favorite kind is Saison, which is also called Farmhouse Ale. They are easy to drink but also taste really rich, and some have really high alcohol content so they're dangerous lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do we know if those giant download sizes for Gears and COD are just space on disk, or the actual amount of data being transferred? I'm pretty sure that most of these game downloads come in compressed, so you end up actually downloading less than the size of the game.

• Locked thread