Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Paper Mario actually looks really interesting but also looks like they could mess it up easily

It accidentally unlocked a couple of weeks ago for people who preloaded it, and everything I've heard about it sounds good.

PantsBandit posted:

My friends and I have gone back to Left 4 Dead 2 as our October Spooky Game. I still mostly play the campaigns from 1 though because they were way better. 2 has too many big, open spaces to meander through.

You can just play the campaigns from 1 in 2, can't you?
Back when I still played it, those mods that allowed like 20 players at the same time were so much goddamn fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

As long as the game doesn't murder you with tutorials like the recent Mario and Luigi games, I'm interested.

I thought they toned that down with Paper Jam?
It was excruciating in Dream Team, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

lol there are games on this list that are not even out yet.

Didn't Fez get some indie game of the year award for like 3 consecutive years before it was released?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's one now.

One that he doesn't deny.

But we know the truth. We know.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

lets hang out posted:

Only people who read the comic in nintendo power can understand

I always hated the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon because the koopa kids had weird hosed up names.
I learned much later that this was because they didn't have names at all in the japanese SMB3 manual and the cartoon was developed before the game came out in the US.
That cartoon still sucked though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

credburn posted:

So I'm baffled. When did SNES and NES start being pronounced phonetically? Were they ALWAYS pronounced phonetically, but apparently just not where I grew up (Oregon)? Is it a new trend that has just like, gone viral? Was it regional? When I hear these words it hurts my ears. It's like when someone says I live in "Or-ee-gawn." I mean, I guess that's subjective, but it feels awful.

I've always said / heard it said either as "sness" or "Super NES."

well why not posted:

'the bone' is the typical way to refer to xbox one.

and 360 for the xbox 360

FirstAidKite posted:

Megadrive or Genesis, which was the better name

Turbo Grafx 16

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 10, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

They should name more consoles after the books of the Bible.

Or after Phil Collins bands.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

oddium posted:

should i play it if i haven't played the first. is the epic catmancer actually good

A few pages back, but you should probably play the first one beforehand because Second is a direct sequel and there are several instances of "OH YEAH REMEMBER THIS THING THAT HAPPENED TWO YEARS AGO???"

Catmancer is like a lovely blue mage, there's like 13 total abilities you can learn from monsters, you have to use certain consumables to use the abilities, and none of them are that useful.

I'm glad some people like Second but man is it boring the poo poo out of me, I've just been mainly playing just to get to the end at this point and I don't care about any of the characters at all. I started and finished one of the Dragon Quest games in between taking a break from playing it. I think my most enjoyment so far was from maxing out the cookie clicker minigame.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Golden Goat posted:

Learning to work as a team is trash.

I did many group assignments through grade school and college.
Not once was anything resembling "teamwork" ever involved.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Golden Goat posted:

Just divided up the work and kept no contact between each other I assume.

No, more like half the team hosed off and never did their part, and there's not much you can do in a group assignment when one or more people are dedicated to not giving a poo poo.

In one of my college classes we had a semester-long group assignment. By the end of the semester everyone in my group except me had dropped the class.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

bloodychill posted:

I think at this point, RPG has just become short-hand for "you get new skills, possibly gain levels." Yeah, it's not role-playing in the tabletop or MMO sense, but at some point we accepted stupid genre names and they stuck.

I thought that was "RPG elements."

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Andrast posted:

The D&D license was stuck inside the dying shell of Atari when it was relevant so it never got games.

I don't know much about D&D, I've never done the table top poo poo. What's the difference between that and AD&D? Because there were a shitload of those games in the '80s / early '90s and they were all awesome to 10 year old me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

oddium posted:

soft shell tacos and burritos are for clowns and children

What is this hosed up idiot poo poo

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have taken down Cutman, Bomb Man and Fire Man. Literally the only thing in my way are platform things that I will have to try to get a hang of. Ice Man has this one sequence that I simply can't do at all right now and I have encountered the same problem with Elec Man 😑

Do you have to finish elecman's stage to get the magnet beam, or can you just get it and die? The magnet beam trivializes most of gutsman and iceman's stages iirc.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shindragon posted:

Need Gutsman power to get the Magnet beam.

Bomb Man can destroy those blocks too (I think?)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol if you gave Tim Schafer any money at all

doubly so if you considered it an investment

Well we are in an age where people use phrases like "invest in a kickstarter" so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

You can't invest in Kickstarter tho because you don't get any money back in return. If you're really lucky you'll actually get what you paid for. Kickstarter is where bad idea's go to scam people who do not know better. If a game publisher wouldn't fund that game then you should probably ask yourself why you would want to do the same.

Good, so you get the point I was making re: "investing" in something from Tim Schaefer

• Locked thread