Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's time for spooky games so i'm trying to decide between introducing the bf to Resident Evil or SIlent Hill series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I wish there was another Knights of the Old Republic game by Obsidian. Kreia was cool.

CJacobs posted:

Read Only Memories tried that and it fuckin sucked so I wouldn't go that far

ROM being diverse as possible isn't what made it so medicore.

Diversity does not make or break a game, it only effects how much straight white males will freak out about it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I thought it came out to pretty drat good reviews and everybody enjoyed it?

I liked it a lot at least.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What if we banned pixel art for a year

It's lovely MSPaint games time to shine!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What about that low poly Japanese horror game, we could do that for a while

That looked and played like poo it was also intentionally designed to be that way

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

It actually was exclusively the problem because the developers used it as their soapbox to be as preachy and annoying as possible about the issues they saw as important, in the process forgoing literally anything that could count as a well-written story

edit: Sakurazuka was right when they said that having good writing is just as important as having a diverse cast

To me that's because they're bad writers and completely fumbled. Not because they decided to be super diverse in their game.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I guess it's kinda a little of column A and B. The preachiness is what made the writing bad, but at the same time, without it they probably would have just written a bad story instead. :/

Yeah, I think had they went with a different setting with less inclusion they would have still produced an okay-at-best story.

I want them to try again.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What about that low poly Japanese horror game, we could do that for a while
Hey what's that you wanted more of that well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR05_7Xnx9w

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Maybe we should ban randomly generated levels for a while.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

steam recommends me a lot lot lot of randomly generated roguelikes because spelunky and nuclear throne are two of my favorite games and let me tell you. all the recommendations are trash

I have like four Randomly generated games I like and I get nothing but the same type in my queues.

I am sick of those games I just want something with a normal campaign in it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

niddhog 2's art style looks godawful

This can't be real:

My god go back to the low detail style.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played Back In 1995 and probably won't play this but I really do like the way they look

Maybe in 2040 the throwback retro indie games will look like Uncharted 4 and they'll laugh at our pathetic technology

Back In 1995 is weird in that in stills it looks okay but when you're actually playing it every texture is stretching and distorting with the camera and it's ugly as sin.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Phantasium posted:

That just sounds like it's being faithful.

It is and it's super weird about it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It'd work better for a horror game closer to the end and not straight away though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yes this will do.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I see nothing but anime visual novels now.

Kill me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lol like anybody goes onto Xbox arcade.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

He's fine..
https://twitter.com/notch/status/783386218658541568

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm actually worried about him this time.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/notch/status/783398911381680128

Wah?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/notch/status/783398000634626049

Everything is gold currently on his twitter feed.

E: and he is realizing it and deleting it all.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/notch/status/783419742933495809

What bridges? His past commentary haven't exactly made him a darling of the gaming community.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

If you had Notch's money, what would you do with it?

Get him help.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So the greatest danger and ownership is your empty mind?

Deep. Somebody post this to Notch.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

well why not posted:

What's the deal with exchange places like CEX? Are there ever good deals in there? The one near me had OOT 3Ds for twenty pounds, while it's like 14 on amazon prime. Everything else seems to be only 5% ish cheaper than new, if that.

Prices are only okay when it'l last gen stuff and even then it's not much cheaper.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I like polygon's videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4f1YvI3LY8

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

When did you play last? Quite a few of the classes have been overhauled.

Are Druids still cool and good?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Feral was what I played. Crazy handy being able to switch between bear and cat.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I played Slime Rancher yesterday and it stole 5 hours from me with it's adorableness.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Whenever somebody says "I'm tired of videogames" I die a little inside.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

In Training posted:

For Coin-optober you should see if you live near any arcades and play any game you can find that would be impossible to emulate properly because of the cabinet design and play that because they're unique experiences that won't exist once the hardware breaks
I wanna play Sonic Blast man again.

You get to punch a giant crab:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Interesting, tell me more of this "Freedom Force"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

subway masturbator posted:

he's not wrong, but is that pretty much it?

Here: https://storify.com/CrashCatt/notch-lsd

It's just usual Notch.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Tried to get into Pathfinder once. I had never played any live RPGs before and it was a new group forming and we're all meeting for the first time. Long story short: the DM didn't know poo poo about anything and was basically recruiting a captive audience for his lame fantasy novel.

Highlights:
DM on rolling stats: "roll seven D20s and throw out the lowest number". No further instructions.
DM when asked how wizard opposition schools work: No coherent response, didn't seem familiar with term.
DM running combat: No grid present. Positioning/distances not accounted for or even acknowledged. Essentially rolling attack in a void.

Even with my limited experience consisting solely of Baldur's Gate rules I knew something was very wrong. Did not go back.
Yeah, that sounds 100% the DM just wanting you to experience their epic masterpiece instead of actually having fun.

I don't get why he chose Pathfinder for that, it's incredibly focused on character building and combat.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Andrast posted:

Both systems are just as focused on combat and dungeon crawling, 4e is just actually good at it so people tend to emphasize it more.

If you don't want a combat focused system, play something that isn't D&D.

A good group/gm can make anything great though.

Yeah a good GM can also balance out Pathfinder's & D&D's combat focus with real good non-combat situations.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Andrast posted:

They are really fun

With the right people.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh hey Games chat,
Paper Mario: Color Splash is good.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It is charming as gently caress and won my heart.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

And when you don't want to pronounce SNES ASAP you have SNASAPES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

In Training posted:

Playstation is easy with the numbers

It's pronounced "Piss4"

• Locked thread