Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj8orH_JwXs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

yaiba: ninja gaiden z

it's bad. also Keiji Inafune directed it so lol

as soon as i saw COMCEPT pop up in the opening i knew itd be awful, and it was

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oh yeah this isnt games related i guess but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRDbDvM-Cc4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Why would you subject yourself to that game?

the rental place is closing now, and they told me every game was ten dollars except yaiba

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Welp OK I'm gonna do it; I'm gonna play all the Yakuza games (that have been localized)

First game; few hours in:

It's aged pretty well in terms of looks- it kind of cheats in the city scenes by putting this weird blurry filter over everything so you can't tell how low-poly things are in general but it winds up giving the game kind of a unique look.

Fighting gameplay is simple but good enough brawling and trying to set up Heat Moves has not gotten old yet

This is one with an English dub and it's bad in places but amusingly so. Doesn't really bother me.

You have this quasi-open-world design thing going on but in a good way where actual Things To Do are densely packed into a relatively small area that feels alive with activity. Lots of personality in the environment. The JRPG-style random thug encounters on the street have not become annoying yet- don't know how fast it loaded on the original hardware but I'm emulating off of an SSD so the load times are veeeery minor annoyances.

I'm really enjoying the game so far!

yakuza is Very Good and people who want more shenmue should maybe just realize that they're pretty much the same thing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

blk posted:

I was so hopeful for the new King's Quest series but episode 4 was absolutely terrible :(

sierra's homestuck: the game disappointed us all

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mr E posted:

I started playing Yakuza 4 Saturday, the first one I've played. It's very good, but I don't think I like the hostess stuff and I'll be skipping it. Everything else is fun + Cool/good.

in dead souls you can have the hostesses come with you on zombie hunting runs

sadly it is still a bad game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

Gears of W4R is the only game I'm sad I can't play on ps4, but I would never get a bone just to play it. I got a ps4 for Bloodborne and it was worth it.

windows 10 innit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tetris is too easy to care about

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

especially modern tetris rules which mandate infinite rotation essentially undermining the play for score or for survival mechanics and replacing them with only speedrunning, a fundamental shift in tetris design that i DO NOT LIKE tetris company has RUINED TETRIS

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ITS THE LOCKDOWN BABY

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

What is a "Gaiden"?

It's in the names of lots of games. I don't know what it is.

side story

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it's that place cloud goes to in ff7

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it's the lockdown, baby

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

Do you think you're still going to start the game as a terrorist in the FF7 remake?

cloud did 9/11

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

http://store.steampowered.com/app/483420/ hogs go episodic

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

Okay, went back to gamestop, actually got DQ Builders this time. I assume. This one is sealed.

lol at gamestop

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Isn't this run by that dude with the fat yoshi fetish or was that the sjwsupermario person.

same thing and yes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Air Fortress for the NES, a neat game that I wish would be revisited since I can't really think of any other games like it (shmup where you get upgrades and then a walk around portion where you explore a maze and have to escape it after destroying the core using your upgraded from the shmup portion)

http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=projects&section=downloads&id=588

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

we never had consoles but mom brought a computer home from work so we played jeff vogel's exile etc

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lizard wizard we know you love yoshi a lot but please stop posting your twitter thx

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bitter brooklyn mario was better than wacky italian stereotype mario

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Oh yeah that's another awful byproduct of mock threads, circling the wagons and accusing anybody who criticizes them of being either deeply offended or a member of the group being mocked. Or both. Really anything to keep from turning that gaze inward.

you suck

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

guy mann manages to be annoying and poo poo no matter what he says, and no matter what he discusses. esta un milagro

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

should that be es un milagro? its an intrinsic characteristic, but that's not a hard and fast rule. regardless gently caress guy mann

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lol if you need multiple drafts for an undergraduate college assignment

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

EYE DIVINE CYBERMANCY

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hashtag mushroom of deplorables

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

Speaking of, what is the button for continuing after I die like the scrub I am?

I DON'T KNOW :smug:

e: it turns out it's 1. for some reason.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 14, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Was there ever a game released that basically replicated how combat works in D&D 4e?

There was a facebook game. but it's gone

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i dont have a ps4 but i have a vita tv. is it playable or fun on that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

I don't know much about D&D, I've never done the table top poo poo. What's the difference between that and AD&D? Because there were a shitload of those games in the '80s / early '90s and they were all awesome to 10 year old me.

D&D 4E tried to base itself on modern crpg design, so every character has skills they can use X amount of times with cooldown based on their class and on their race, all of which have very specific tile-based ranges and effects. The idea was to make it so everyone always has something to do in combat, no matter what kind of character they are running. If you actually follow the rules when you're playing a game you have to have a grid out and move people around like a board-game on it, and any more than four people makes any fight an endless waste of time. But it'd be really, really good for a SRPG videogame, they just never made one...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

The way I've had it explained is that in real life when you want to look down you move your head forward and you pull it back to look up, and if you transcribe that motion of your neck to an analog stick it matches an inverted y-axis camera.

when i look down i look down, i don't think I AM MOVING THE BACK OF MY HEAD UP

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

combat sucks anyway

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i got motion sick during the hobbit please dont give me motion sickness filmmakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hostess with the Moltres posted:

for smt:iv a I used the given name and my real name for my streetpass. generally i use the given name in games unless its pokemon. what do you all do?

hank

• Locked thread