Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Notch is having some kind of LSD fueled meltdown on twitter at the moment or something :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

What's he saying?

https://twitter.com/notch/status/783411008987471872

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

If you had Notch's money, what would you do with it?

So much Taco Bell

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

I too would go Doritos Locos with power

The Doritos Locos taco doesn't taste like anything but a normal hard shell taco, which isn't a problem but it is more expensive so it ends up feeling like a pointless addition to the menu but I appreciate your pun anyway, friend

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I don't think there has ever been a "bad" Kirby game. There have been a few that were adequate but never bad.

I've seen people say Squeak Squad was bad but those people can go to hell

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

The Metroid Prime series got less good with each sequel but the Donkey Kong Country Returns sequel is an improvement so maybe Retro should make another Donkey Kong instead of a Prime...

Metroid can go to hell, Donkey Kong Country Returns sequels forever.

Give me an entire game of rocket barrel levels

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

After Tropical Freeze I think I am done with Retro's take on Donkey Kong.

Tropical Freeze was amazing I'll fight you to death

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

I think earlier DKC games were much better balanced, well specifically DKC2 I suppose, and overall Tropical Freeze just felt like another Returns but without bringing anything additional to the table besides I guess looking prettier. It didn't feel like Retro evolved from their first foray into the franchise and I'm not sure I'd have confidence they'd be able to do better a third time.

And more than anything else I just don't think I have the mental endurance for a platformer that hard anymore, there were several times (2-K, 5-K and the water world especially) where I cam incredibly close to just dropping the game entirely and selling it.

I felt like TF was way easier than the first one.

The stage where you ride a rocket barrel through the rat cheese caves and the one where you ride one through the fruit processing plant had my jaw on the floor. I was blown away by how creative those stages were considering literally all you do is move up and down.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm only half joking whenever I say that, I want everyone who likes Metroid to get a new Metroid especially after that Federation Force nonsense. However I personally do not like the Metroid games and love DKCR + TF and would much rather have more of that instead.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

tropical freeze has got some super creative set pieces and it rules for speedrunning

For real, watch this whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O0TMFbI8cc

I like this one more than the race from this year but both are still good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

I'm the exact opposite, playing with online strangers is stressful

Overwatch makes me super salty (but it's still really fun anyway), while WoW is super relaxing (most of the time) for me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is better than Doom

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Watching people play video games is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005