Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The best part is that the founder of Domino's founded some super-Catholic city in Florida.

Yes, he FOUNDED A CITY. It's super homophobic and you can't get birth control.

So Tom Monaghan is a poo poo, and "Papa" John Schnatter is a poo poo. Is there anyone in the wild world of chain pizza restaurants that was/is a decent individual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Scott's a good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 6, 2016

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

joehonkie posted:

Don't know where to put this. Free month of Marvel Unlimited for new users:

http://slickdeals.net/f/9162255-marvel-unlimited-comic-subscription-free-one-month-trial-coupon

This shouldn't end a page. MU is the best comics value around and I wish I could pay DC and the various indies for the same service.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

So Tom Monaghan is a poo poo, and "Papa" John Schnatter is a poo poo. Is there anyone in the wild world of chain pizza restaurants that was/is a decent individual?

Little Caesar was a poo poo too but at least he's dead now.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Jordan7hm posted:

This shouldn't end a page. MU is the best comics value around and I wish I could pay DC and the various indies for the same service.

Yes, but just make sure you cancel before the second month if'n you don't like it, because they will bill you.

Me, I just do the yearly.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sometimes I wish current Marvel comics were cheaper so I could buy current Marvel comics.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Madkal posted:

Sometimes I wish current Marvel comics were cheaper so I could buy current Marvel comics.

I really wish the drat app made it easier to track where I am on newer comics since I tend to let them sit for a while until a few issues come out.

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003
Hey is there a BSS Slack or IRC or whatever? I'm a masochist and I wanna talk to you fuckers in realtime about comic stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nope.

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003
well...poo poo.

If I start up a Slack channel, will any of you nerds come hang out?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Haven't seen anyone else mention what is sure to be the best looking comic ever. Of course I am talking about Stokoe doing a freaking Aliens comic.

edit: frick, looks like it is only coming out next year.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ferret posted:

well...poo poo.

Probably!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Make a discord.

And, yes, I'd visit a BSS discord.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ferret posted:

well...poo poo.

I'd pop in, even if that's not the best draw. Slack has become my go-to messenger for dumb poo poo.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Make a discord.

And, yes, I'd visit a BSS discord.

I have Discord~!

Ferret
Oct 9, 2003
Setting up a public slack is more involved than I can do right this second, but I'll set one up this weekend if nobody beats me to it.

If you do, post here.

Sorry Discord nerds, I don't use it.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'll see if I can set up a Slack.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ed: i deleted it

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 6, 2016

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i literally have no clue what slack even is or how to get into one? it seems very discord-ish but instead of servers it has teams? how do ya even join a team?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't think that's how Slack works. You'll have to add everyone by email I think.

Here's a Discord channel in the meantime: https://discord.gg/BygqZYe

EDIT: New Discord invite. Apparently the other one expired. This one *should* last FOREVER.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 7, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FutureFriend posted:

i literally have no clue what slack even is or how to get into one? it seems very discord-ish but instead of servers it has teams? how do ya even join a team?

When you first start the app/set up an account it asks you to type in the address, so sabss.slack.com and it'll drop you in

If it's public, if it's private someone has to send you an invite first

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Having never used slack before it just seems like discord except with the "team" motif, it's got virtually the same toolset.

As far as I can tell the sabss slack is a public team so you can just join if you have a slack account and a link to the slack itself, which I provided above.

ed: gently caress it, just use the discord Endless Mike posted, this whole "team" bullshit seems overly complicated and they're near-identical platforms anyways.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 6, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There used to be a BSS IRC channel but it was mostly the same jerkoffs talking about how terrible BSS was and why did anyone ever bother posting there and poo poo. I have a chatlog somewhere of one dude freaking out over the term "weak sauce" and generally being a huge oval office.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It was a channel with a lot of BSS regulars but I'd never call it a "BSS channel".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

It was a channel with a lot of BSS regulars but I'd never call it a "BSS channel".

Well it wasn't official but it had BSS in the name for a long time.

Here's a typical excerpt

d0ngz: hey lemme tell you what kind of weed is best to smoke while reading funnybooks!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Are you kidding it's Sativa duh.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Trick question it's every strain of weed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't realize I had walked into Helldump.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I didn't realize I had walked into Helldump.

No actual former BSS posters were harmed in the making of this thread.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I internet detectived Rhyno and turns out he works at a comic book store.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Huge, if true

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

I internet detectived Rhyno and turns out he works at a comic book store.

Great blackmail material right there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was going to send a t-shirt to his store one time but decided against it. Mostly because they wouldn't let me send direct and I didn't feel like paying double shipping.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would have worn the gently caress out of that.

Once, I received a Star Wars Cad Bane action figure in the mail after stating that he was loving terrible. I assume they got my info from BSSSS at some point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Society still has a long way to go, I see.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Don't worry. Someday we'll reach a point where there's no more trace of Hawkman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Does he come with a button to press on his back for authentic turd-sliding action?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

If kids can get a Plastic Man toy at McDonalds, I think the world's doing okay.

e: Ah. The sex divide. I'm sure the girls are just gonna demand Plastic Man anyway.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 7, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
There have been more plastic man toys than comics the last 3 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
That's actually the least offended I've been by the boy/girl toy divide in Happy Meals for a long time. At least the toys are all the same scale and theme and the girl and boy toys can be played with together. Usually it's "boys get a transformer that shoots and girls get a dolly."

We all know the only good Happy Meal toys are either plastic McNuggets with Halloween costumes, or robots that transform into fast food.

• Locked thread