Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
gently caress Bob Kane.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

PAD hasn't really shown any major personality shifts up to now, so I really think he just believed this incredibly racist thing a guy told him 20 years ago and it never came up until now.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I'm not getting Death of X 2-4 because I'm hacked off over what happened to Madrox.

Have I become everything I hate?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

Steve Dillon has died :(

Aw, man. Preacher 25 & 26 were the comics that made me want to live in New York.

Man, gently caress 2016.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I'm kinda skeeved that people are openly celebrating Jack Chick's death on social media to the level where he's a Hussein/Osama or even a Phelps or Limbaugh. Dude was a lovely homophobic racist idiot that literally everyone but him regarded as a laughingstock, whose life's work is regarded as ironically "good"/spawned a wave of socially satirical parodies. He was a dumb weird old man who nobody took seriously, and there's this whole contingent of people gleefully celebrating his death as if he caused any real harm whatsoever.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2016/10/24/haw-haw-haw/

quote:

Chick was certainly a crank, but he was anything but harmless. He hurt people. His tracts did and still do real harm to the many people in all the groups he attacked as literally demonic. And his life’s work did real and ongoing harm to all the Christians who read them and believed them. They swallowed Chick’s flattery — you are special, righteous and blessed, everyone else is a servant of Satan deserving of torment — and developed a taste for it. And that stuff is soul-killing poison. There’s a reason pride is considered the cardinal sin, as the gravest threat to the cardinal virtue. Chick’s tracts helped turn his Christian followers into creatures of pride, incapable of love.

Not saying it's a reason to celebrate (I, myself, am just hoping his ideas don't long outlive him), but he was far from harmless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

It reads to me as a "No True Scotsman," which, I get why someone might respond that way, but so not appropriate.

But I guess they'll hash it out offline, so that's between them.

• Locked thread