Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

WickedHate posted:

They were. The 50s crusade against indecency was the first time stuff like that started to seem unusual; before, people never thought about homosexuality at all, so there was nothing wrong with little boys wearing dresses or guys being super touchy with each other. It was an era before no homo.

Then Seduction of the Innocent hits store shelves and suddenly everyone thinks of Batman like this.

Children's clothing (pink/blue, dresses/pants) and toys didn't become a thing until the 70's due to Madison ave type ad agencies grunt-working for big corporations. It wasn't a rallying cry against indecency, it was "how to do we create a sustainable, reliable, segmented market to sell more shirts/toys/shoes/hats".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
That DC Super Hero girls is a good comic and a great line of toys.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I grew up with warnings like this all the time. Like, you'd get a flyer in your mailbox from the local police every other year.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/mchenry-and-boone-counties-warn-about-gypsy-scams/

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Last year my kid wanted to be Batman ('66, because he watches Scooby Doo) and insisted I be Robin.

Wearing pantyhose on Halloween sucks.

• Locked thread