Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CapnAndy posted:

I got 19 comics this week and Josie and the Pussycats was my favorite one. What has gotten into the water at Archie Comics lately?

Talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

joehonkie posted:

As far as I can tell it just makes the girls toys better. I think the boys ones are also locked into an "action pose" which is also terrible.

I have not taken my son in to McDonald's recently but it would not be the first time he got the "girls" toy.

I was really happy with how well received Super Hero Girls was on FCBD. I think it's a good start, and the toys for boys could take a cue. Give boys similar toys and comics, and then nobody will bat an eye when they merge.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Not as bad, but at my shop we were talking about Suicide Squad, and I mentioned the people running the DC films are idiots. As casual as can be, he goes "There are a lot of idiots out there. There's people who support Hillary Clinton." I told him to shut up with that poo poo, because he says the stupidest poo poo all the time.

Examples: Looking like your typical middle aged nerd, he says the younger generation is a bunch of pussies. That Pokémon Go players obviously haven't read 1984. Chuck Dixon retweeted his political article, etc;

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I miss the Wolverine and the X-Men twitter accounts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

site posted:

Yeah all the marvel characters who have Twitter featured in books are real so Tony stark, Sam Wilson, Galactus, Howard the duck (though i guess not any more) but they're updated rather infrequently

Luke cage and Jessica Jones have twitter feeds based on the netflix versions and those are actually used by someone I've seen em post just today in fact responding to people

I think the person I've noticed who tweets the most responding to random questions about comic stuff is gail simone

Gail Simone will hunt down any forum that talks about comics. She was even on HCRealms when she was writing Deadpool/Agent X.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Just read it. Art was pretty awesome on all the other pages. There was some pretty cool visuals that I've always enjoyed from this title.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'm picking up my Cave Carson cassette this week, and it made me wonder. What's some of your favorite comic store freebies?

One of my favorites is a glow in the dark GL ring I found in my shops storage room. Didn't know what it was from until I met Dwayne McDuffie, and he said it was a give away when Kyle Rayner first became Green Lantern. I'm also rather fond of my Multiversity map.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That's the ring. The glue sucks, so the lantern symbol eventually fell off.

There was a pretty cool Guardians of the Galaxy sticker that I have on my 3DS. It's blue and sparkly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Thanks for making a liar out of Dwayne McDuffie. I always mix up Mosaic with Willworld for some reason.

• Locked thread