Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

When it comes to Min Maxing life the best power for making money is Time Travel.

Even without looking at Stock Market manipulation or claiming priceless treasures, all you have to do is win the lottery once. Balm instant riches and no one will suspect anything.

Then you can spend your life using that power for good or dickish behaviours as you see fit.

Just so long as you don't get a monkey paws version of time travel that doesn't include travelling through space. (In Deadlands a scientist invented a time machine. When he uses it he travelled to the future. And found himself in deep space as the Earth had moved through the solar system and was in a different part of space from where he had travelled to. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, can anyone give me a recommendation?

My sister (who's about 12) is really currently into Harley Quinn. However she's more into the idea of Harley Quinn than the actual character. She didn't like B:TAS Harley much because she though Harley Quinn was sad and depressing instead of cool and I'm not particularly chomping at the bit to give her Sexy Fun Times Harley Quinn Murders The World.

Is there anything particularly good starring Harley Quinn that is generally fun and enjoyable without being too overt in the pandering or having her murder people randomly? (I know my sister well enough to know she'd dislike the latter part.)

There was a Karl Kessel Harley Quinn series from the late 90's. I think it had Ed McGuinness artwork and it was pretty good.
It was light hearted but not overly saccharine. There was no graphic violence from what I can remember.
There is a really great issue thst involves Big Barda being tasked by Batman with stopping Harley from going near the grandfather clock in Wayne Manor that is really funny.

That being said it changed writer/artist about 25-30 issues where it becomes a Noir type crime series and gets pretty dark.

See if you can track down the early issues and make a decision.

• Locked thread