Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't believe I'm managing to force myself through class with this drat cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

you should get one of those brain eating bacteria tubs to clear out the sinuses.

You mean comic books?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's just the latest Hydra plot

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can I have a superpowered item? Like, say, a slice of pizza that never runs out?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate posted:

But then there'd be the great responsibility to give it up to Galactus, or at least let it constantly be used to feed hungry people in a constant stream of pizza, or perhaps as an infinite fuel source.

That's a comic book character my dude.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, can anyone give me a recommendation?

My sister (who's about 12) is really currently into Harley Quinn. However she's more into the idea of Harley Quinn than the actual character. She didn't like B:TAS Harley much because she though Harley Quinn was sad and depressing instead of cool and I'm not particularly chomping at the bit to give her Sexy Fun Times Harley Quinn Murders The World.

Is there anything particularly good starring Harley Quinn that is generally fun and enjoyable without being too overt in the pandering or having her murder people randomly? (I know my sister well enough to know she'd dislike the latter part.)

Unfortunately, outside of the Batmam TAS comics, there really isn't anything she'd be too into. It might be best to get her a different character, maybe the Cassandra Cain Batgirl trades?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Tumblr's only as bad as the people you follow. I much prefer it to any other social media.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, yeah, I'm just saying that Tumblr specifically is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, and it really depends on the people you actually follow.

I also remember that Tumblr actually fixed that issue with the comments. Now it looks like this:

And Tumblr users complained about the change despite it being an outright improvement

Roth fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 17, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

John Stewart might be a better example of what they were talking about, since I think he's now the Green Lantern most young people think of now.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

How often does One Punch Man come up now?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Almost never honestly.

At least that is contained to the internet for now.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gavok posted:

No, they were great.

I'll always get a kick out of when they showed Superman vs. Goku II at a convention in front of a pro-Goku crowd and streamed it online. Goku, in his most powerful form, does the Kamehameha and everyone yells with him and marks out like crazy as the beam engulfs Superman.

Then it cuts to a shot of Superman's silhouette casually walking through the blast and the crowd lets loose this loud, confused and horrified scream. The dream is dead. :getin:

This is something I need to see.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lightning Lord posted:

Saitama is a joke character, it's like saying "lol Impossible Man wins all fights"

Not that there's anything wrong with OPM, it's good and cool. But if you're seriously committed to a "Who Would Win?" mentality it's not a legit answer.

You'd think that people would recognize that, but I have some bad news for you.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't know, that cover says 25 cents.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Teenage Fansub posted:

People are for sure misunderstanding if they're taking BMB as attacking her.
He's right to defend against the accusation that the medium is the real problem, but he should have conveyed it in more than three words. Maybe a "Sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine... but don't give up on comics. It's shitheads," and then "It's not comics"
Apparently they talked more on it, but everything's deleted.

To be fair, I thinking Twitter's character limit encourages those kind of brief comments, which is why I don't like using it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, she got what she wanted.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That was surreal, I got a text from my Mom saying she took my sister to work, but I heard the shower running. So I thought somebody broke into our house to use the shower, so I got the biggest dog we have, and went into the bathroom only to find it was my sister and she didn’t go to work today.

It also turned out that my sister thought I was somebody that broke into the house as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I guess it was just a weirdly delayed text.

• Locked thread