Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

In the future i might go Easy combat -> Hardest puzzles

Hmm. I get where your coming from but I recommend keeping combat on normal.. I'm not your mom though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

In Training posted:

I've loved pretty much everything about SH1 except the boss fights. The combat only works when you're also able to run away, because most of the larger spaces are like tense tug of wars over the geometry. But having to just slowly walk in circles plugging a large bug wnith 50 pistol shots isn't very interesting or fun

Alessa is really tragic i felt real bad for her

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary games are scarier when enemies are a big threat, i always try to play them on hard

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
200+ games in my steam lib and a dozen on my 3DS and all I want to do is play RE4. i guess there are worse things i could be doing with my life

just finished the cabin siege with Luis and have a grip of different grenades, excited to gently caress some Ganados up in the next part

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

C-Euro posted:

200+ games in my steam lib and a dozen on my 3DS and all I want to do is play RE4. i guess there are worse things i could be doing with my life

just finished the cabin siege with Luis and have a grip of different grenades, excited to gently caress some Ganados up in the next part

I'm going to bust out the Gamecube and buy a CRT at a garage sale and beat RE4 again. THat's my gamer goal this month.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Your going to bust out on GameCube's face.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

C-Euro posted:

i love how at the end of the castle part they have more set pieces leftover than seem to fit so they just throw you from lava pit to mine cart to truck ride to elevator and it all incredibly owns. once you can get the striker the game just goes into turbo mode

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everything from the first time you enter the random room that fell out of a Fire Dungeon from a 3D zelda to the end of the game is incredible

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

Everything from the first time you enter the random room that fell out of a Fire Dungeon from a 3D zelda to the end of the game is incredible

I didn't know you could beat those weird dragon flamethrower turrets by shooting the chains holding them to the ceiling until like six months ago, I always just ran really quick and sniped the guys manning them.

So many good little details like that in the game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

One of my favorite 'little things' from that game is when if you google 'Leon Kennedy blasting' not only will you find media of him blasting baddie with a shotgun, you'll also see pics of him blasting ropes from his dick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was thinking about that puzzle while getting a haircut and realized its probably astronomical signs and te numbers underneath are showing the number adjustment or something. There's two problems with this though 1) I don't know the astronomical signs and their months 2) I think they changed all of them a few years ago after the game came out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know june has always been gemini. i hope this helps

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wait. i think late june its the next one though. um. goodluck op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im going to play again in about 30 minutes so you can watch me puzzle it out in real time if you so desire.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i will. lets hope the other 11 imp zone posters are born in different months so they can help you out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training going live now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

wait. i think late june its the next one though. um. goodluck op
im june 11 and im a taurus now apparently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just looked up the solution to that puzzle but it didn't help because now I'm even more stuck just wandering around these hallways with no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I just looked up the solution to that puzzle but it didn't help because now I'm even more stuck just wandering around these hallways with no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

im watching you do that

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i watched you die because you took the dagger

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao the post credits on SH1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

i watched you die because you took the dagger

That was hosed up

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
There was a hole here. It's gone now.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Am I talking about Silent Hill or my ex wife? Folks, I killed her and my guilt chases me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I was dying at this. Reminded me of the D credits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Er I meant Enemy Zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k-UhKk_ISY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of scary games though: Enemy Zero is a nailbiter.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.twitch.tv/frankclub4 sh4 now! tell me if the stream quality is too low!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the in game clock not account for cutscenes or something? Because looking at speed runs of SH1 I finished the game at like 40 minutes faster than a speedrun which can't be right

Edit: nvm it's the source I was looking at that was wrong, speedrunners can beat this game in like 50 minutes, and I'm gonna watch that

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

There was a hole here. It's gone now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

frank.club posted:

In Training posted:

I was dying at this. Reminded me of the D credits

hell yeah
btw you should at least youtube the ufo ending its cool but you might have seen that already

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
in training when are you starting sh2 and you have it on ps2 or pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tomorrow night once the sun goes down and I'll be emulating it sadly. My ps2 is in a box currently

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh man do sh4's controls really really suck

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

In Training posted:

Tomorrow night once the sun goes down and I'll be emulating it sadly. My ps2 is in a box currently

try the european pc version, torrent it or whatever
[ESSENTIAL] --->> pc master race insturctions!! ----< [/important]

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man I would totally buy every single PC port if Konami would just put in the effort to put them on steam

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They'll release a comprehensive collection to hype up Silent Hills

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

They'll release a comprehensive collection to hype up Silent Hills

:/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean, I've only played one game in the series, but it just dawned on me how insanely epic a Kojima/Del Toro silent hill game woulda been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

now del toro never wants to do games again... hes had enough bad luck

• Locked thread