Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
The kids these days wear them with the bills flat and the stickers still on.

I take my stickers off and bend that bill like a pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
basketball team logos printed on baseball hats are illogical and without a purpose beyond consumerism and false identity

the norwegian philosopher peter wessel zappfe would describe them as 'anchors', anchors of the lowest form even

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Baseball caps are a go. :tipshat:

To hell with that corner sun op. :catbert:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I wear my base ball cap backwards to make it easier to suck men's dicks

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I saw someone with their hat over their ears and I was like whoa is it 2009 again?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I only wear visors and they get all kinds of bent

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
flat brims are dumb

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i approve of the popular opinion on how to wear baseball caps

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

extra stout posted:

basketball team logos printed on baseball hats are illogical and without a purpose beyond consumerism and false identity

the norwegian philosopher peter wessel zappfe would describe them as 'anchors', anchors of the lowest form even

lol what. how is this different than someone wearing a baseball cap while doing anything but playing a game of baseball? idiot.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
the purpose of this hat is "consumerism." you can't possibly be keeping your hair out of your face or the sun out of your eyes while also enjoying the way your hat looks or smile seeing it in the mirror because it has your favorite teams logo on it -an idiot

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

it would be funny to own/wear a hat that was making fun of sports because they're for macho losers. some kind of slogan like

CITY NAME

SPORTS TEAM

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
pro sports is dumb as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7u9hP4r1S8

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Plenty O Lentils! posted:

the purpose of this hat is "consumerism." you can't possibly be keeping your hair out of your face or the sun out of your eyes while also enjoying the way your hat looks or smile seeing it in the mirror because it has your favorite teams logo on it -an idiot

What if you have scarring alopecia?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Plenty O Lentils! posted:

lol what. how is this different than someone wearing a baseball cap while doing anything but playing a game of baseball? idiot.

ever heard of cultural appropriation? idiot bitch? you think i fielded .1000 so you could avoid a tan? you think mickey mantle played 18 seasons with a busted knee, two breaks and eight pulled muscles so you could worry about your hair? you think my buddies laid down face first in the mud (doing mud push ups) so you could "rock a sporty style today"?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I wear shorts and pants with the price tags on

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

the team needs my support to win

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I saw an In Living Color on tv the other week where a bunch of little kids were breaking with the tags still on their hats, so apparently that has been happening for at least twenty years.

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

I wear a San Diego Padres hat to let everyone know I have been perpetually miserable my whole life.

also gently caress flat bills

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I got some dope pins in my Grassroots hat.

This is fact.

edit: FITTED Grassroots hat.

But I also have a snapback I wear on the reg too.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Whatever happened to the hats where the brim went all the way around?

Real question though:

What insecurities do flat-bills have?

I don't want to go all Good Will Hunting on them (bar scene, not Robin Williams scene) if they're gonna melt into a puddle of sweat, tears, Michelob Ultra, and bile.

I wanna push the all the yellow alert buttons without pushing red alert.

You dig?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still have my squadron cap, but either it shrank in the wash or my head expanded because it won't fit any more

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I wear a dodgers cap to let everyone know I'm dtf(down to fight)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

down n out posted:

I wear a dodgers cap to let everyone know I'm dtf(down to fight)

dodgers fans act tough but then you go to a game in la in your giants hat and everyones nice and while theres plenty of ribbing nobody makes you feel unwelcome or unsafe

then you go back home to at&t and throw garbage at anything blue. we're really pretty terrible people

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

goddamn if that all-black home hat doesn't go great with any outfit though

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
"Dad logo" hats are what's hot now anyways

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

FaradayCage posted:

Whatever happened to the hats where the brim went all the way around?

Real question though:

What insecurities do flat-bills have?

I don't want to go all Good Will Hunting on them (bar scene, not Robin Williams scene) if they're gonna melt into a puddle of sweat, tears, Michelob Ultra, and bile.

I wanna push the all the yellow alert buttons without pushing red alert.

You dig?

what the hell are you on about?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

keeping the sticker on is dumb as hell

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

get that OUT of my face posted:

keeping the sticker on is dumb as hell

It's how they track you. :tinfoil:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

why are baseball caps okay and other hats bad

i don't understand how society reached this consensus

all hats are bad

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Vegetable posted:

why are baseball caps okay and other hats bad

i don't understand how society reached this consensus

all hats are bad

you typically play baseball outdoors, 160 games a year, where as the other sports you're in a trillion dollar arena called something like Papa John's Entertainment House and the lighting is very controlled

also beyond just wanting to make the catch, baseball is the only american sport where the ball itself can kill you

i saw a kid playing right field once at an away game where his hat was flat and loose and our center fielder hit a line drive into his forehead, kid had a seizure before he hit the ground

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Flat brims:

1 - ghetto person buys hat. Leaves all tag and stickers on. Doesn't bend bill. Wears for a few days. Returns hat.
2 - hip hop artist apes fashion "trend" (not a real trend. Just poor people renting something new for free)
3 - stupid kids follow hip hop artist
4 - america becomes even worse

The more you know!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I have a Select Comfort mattress baseball hat

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Baseball hats are for getting lots of money from sponsors after winning a sporting event and grinning on stage for the camera.

Healthy Nut Snack
Mar 23, 2016
Anyone over the age of 10 who wears their baseball hat backwards deserves to be euthanized

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Protect ya neck

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Vegetable posted:

all hats are bad

If it's not for work,
Then you're a jerk!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

Flat brims:

1 - ghetto person buys hat. Leaves all tag and stickers on. Doesn't bend bill. Wears for a few days. Returns hat.
2 - hip hop artist apes fashion "trend" (not a real trend. Just poor people renting something new for free)
3 - stupid kids follow hip hop artist
4 - america becomes even worse

The more you know!

this, but without the racism, and instead of leaving the tags on because they want to return them (you are racist), it's because it shows how clean, new, and fresh you are able to keep your possessions. it's literally the opposite of what you poo poo out on your keyboard (because you are racist)

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

rabble rabble posted:

this, but without the racism, and instead of leaving the tags on because they want to return them (you are racist), it's because it shows how clean, new, and fresh you are able to keep your possessions. it's literally the opposite of what you poo poo out on your keyboard (because you are racist)

Actually he didn't mention anything about race, you just made an assumption because you're racist, you racist.

...Racist.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I have a plain, dark green baseball cap with a curved brim and no logos or words or pictures of anything on it. It has an adjustable strap on the back so I can cinch it on good and tight. I bought it for 5 bucks at walgreens a decade ago and I wear it almost everyday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Doghouse posted:

Actually he didn't mention anything about race, you just made an assumption because you're racist, you racist.

...Racist.

it's me, i'm owned by the dog whistle

oowwwnnneeeeddddd

• Locked thread