Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8 track betamax posted:

I have a plain, dark green baseball cap with a curved brim and no logos or words or pictures of anything on it. It has an adjustable strap on the back so I can cinch it on good and tight. I bought it for 5 bucks at walgreens a decade ago and I wear it almost everyday.

u sound so beautiful, like a dove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Doghouse posted:

Actually he didn't mention anything about race, you just made an assumption because you're racist, you racist.

...Racist.

The racist guy's racist assumption is also correct. People do buy the clothes, leave the tags on them and return them obviously worn. Then buy more on the same visit and return it a week later. Then do it again.

For example, my shithead brother does this and proudly posts on facebook about it.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

I wear my base ball cap backwards to make it easier to suck men's dicks

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

8 track betamax posted:

I have a plain, dark green baseball cap with a curved brim and no logos or words or pictures of anything on it. It has an adjustable strap on the back so I can cinch it on good and tight. I bought it for 5 bucks at walgreens a decade ago and I wear it almost everyday.

are you a bald farmer? all the farmers i knew growing up did this when they started balding

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

2 - hip hop artist apes fashion "trend"
i see what you did there

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

OMGVBFLOL posted:

are you a bald farmer? all the farmers i knew growing up did this when they started balding

I have a full think head of hair that I shave off.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Healthy Nut Snack posted:

Anyone over the age of 10 who wears their baseball hat backwards deserves to be euthanized

Same but I give a pass to people driving Jeeps or convertibles with tops down/off as long they turn it around when they get out.

naem
May 29, 2011

I knew a guy super into working out who went super bald young and always wore hats

Like working out and fake tanning and hats all day

Not sure where I'm going with this

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

8 track betamax posted:

You can buy the same hat in Colorado prisons. 5 bux

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Plenty O Lentils! posted:

the purpose of this hat is "consumerism." you can't possibly be keeping your hair out of your face or the sun out of your eyes while also enjoying the way your hat looks or smile seeing it in the mirror because it has your favorite teams logo on it -an idiot

it's true! if you see someone driving like and idiot, chances are they will be wearing a baseball cap!

it also means you have no sense of fashion if you wear one!

:hehe:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

naem posted:

I knew a guy super into working out who went super bald young and always wore hats

Like working out and fake tanning and hats all day

Not sure where I'm going with this

if he went bald and started working out then he's doing the right thing

bald buff tan guy is an upgrade over a pasty dadbod with hair

naem
May 29, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

if he went bald and started working out then he's doing the right thing

bald buff tan guy is an upgrade over a pasty dadbod with hair

He was weightlifter guy with a fake tan who's better than everyone and THEN went bald, then had a giant chip on his shoulder for ever and a large collection of hats

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm a member of the Gold Prospectors Association of American (GPAA), so proudly wear my green trucker's GPAA cap anywhere and everywhere FYI. If you're a part of something that you're proud of (an organization, team, etc.), a good way to show it is a baseball hat IMHO.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

baseball cap, sport coat, tshirt with words on it, jorts, birkenstocks, white socks

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

extra stout posted:

you typically play baseball outdoors, 160 games a year, where as the other sports you're in a trillion dollar arena called something like Papa John's Entertainment House and the lighting is very controlled

also beyond just wanting to make the catch, baseball is the only american sport where the ball itself can kill you

i saw a kid playing right field once at an away game where his hat was flat and loose and our center fielder hit a line drive into his forehead, kid had a seizure before he hit the ground

okay true story. this same thing happened to me when i was ten except i used to pitch. i didn't seize up but i probably had a concussion, but this was way before anyone gave a poo poo about that kind of thing and a concussion was treated like a really minor thing like hitting your funny bone or something. anyways, this is the exact moment i became a little off. i got weirdly ocd after this and it's enabled me to remember what specific calendar dates certain stuff in my life has happened on and what day of the week, what i was wearing, and random details like that. it actually freaked me the gently caress out and i didn't want to play sports again until HS.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

okay true story. this same thing happened to me when i was ten except i used to pitch. i didn't seize up but i probably had a concussion, but this was way before anyone gave a poo poo about that kind of thing and a concussion was treated like a really minor thing like hitting your funny bone or something. anyways, this is the exact moment i became a little off. i got weirdly ocd after this and it's enabled me to remember what specific calendar dates certain stuff in my life has happened on and what day of the week, what i was wearing, and random details like that. it actually freaked me the gently caress out and i didn't want to play sports again until HS.

As I was reading I thought this was going to turn out as a super hero origin story.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I wear my hat backwards at work because I work with my face about 3 inches from a glass shield and I need the hat to keep my cheap headphones in postion.

Also I don't give a gently caress about anybody else's opinion and will wear whatever I drat well please.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

i was talking about college baseball i didn't ask for your origin story on how you became a shitposter

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i wear a flat brim trucker hat but no stickers

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
baseball caps that come with the brim already curved are always pieces of poo poo made for children and even john cena looks bad in it. you're supposed to buy a flat one and curve it yourself to fit your head properly. most people don't need a curve at all

there you go op

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

are you rain man?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm walking around on the beach in Mexico with a flat billed billabong hat. :twisted:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Chinatown posted:

I'm walking around on the beach in Mexico with a flat billed billabong hat. :twisted:

I'm currently doing neither of those things.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

HorseLord posted:

baseball caps that come with the brim already curved are always pieces of poo poo made for children and even john cena looks bad in it. you're supposed to buy a flat one and curve it yourself to fit your head properly. most people don't need a curve at all

there you go op

I agree that pre-curved caps are terrible and the correct method is to manually create the curve. When you say most people don't need a curve at all, are you suggesting that most people should wear it flat? Cause you are pretty dumb if that's what you are saying.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Roger_Mudd posted:

I agree that pre-curved caps are terrible and the correct method is to manually create the curve. When you say most people don't need a curve at all, are you suggesting that most people should wear it flat? Cause you are pretty dumb if that's what you are saying.

what are the pros/cons of a bended vs. flat bill? Is there a chart or graph or something?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

I'm a member of the Gold Prospectors Association of American (GPAA), so proudly wear my green trucker's GPAA cap anywhere and everywhere FYI. If you're a part of something that you're proud of (an organization, team, etc.), a good way to show it is a baseball hat IMHO.

how many times per week do you exclaim 'there's gold in them thar hills!'?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FaradayCage posted:

What insecurities do flat-bills have?

I don't want to go all Good Will Hunting on them (bar scene, not Robin Williams scene) if they're gonna melt into a puddle of sweat, tears, Michelob Ultra, and bile.

I wanna push the all the yellow alert buttons without pushing red alert.

You dig?

they probably have a car that is 'nice' not even super nice or anything, like a 08 mustang or an altima or maybe an infiniti of some sort. like a car that only has a 'large' engine by virtue of being not an economy car yet they treat it like poo poo and drive it like a race car. they think that it puts them a cut above everyone else because they took out a $6k loan on an 8 year old used car with a v6. it won't be european unless it's an e36 and if it is you bet it will be slammed to poo poo

imply that its not the best thing ever

i used to drive a saab 9-3 and they loving hated that car. was honestly impressive how much ire it wrought for a crappy used car that didn't like to start. sure, it looked like a turd on wheels and designed for ergonomics and utility over any shred of car-guy bravado but it was fast as hell. i had people tripping over themselves to tell me why their altima was better than my beater saab, and its like bro - i only know you are saying any of this poo poo because you looked up 1/4 mile drag times and saw that the saab beats our your car by like a half second despite being a massive piece of poo poo simply by virtue of it having a turbo and not cranking the torque of the lower gears up as high as they go

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I take the stickers off but just barely flex the bill so it's more comfortable than totally flat, what now

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Burt Sexual posted:

what are the pros/cons of a bended vs. flat bill? Is there a chart or graph or something?

Here is some information I found online:

"I know the whippersnappers out there like to keep the bills of their hats flat, but trends be damned. Perhaps I’m just a fist-shaking curmudgeon stuck in my ways, but I’ve always thought the flat bill thing looked goofy. It has a tendency to make the crown appear bigger, which consequently makes the wearer look like a boy sporting his dad’s ball cap. Baseball hats are already an accessory associated with the younger set; wedded to a flat bill, they make a guy look about twelve. Which I guess is okay if you’re actually 12, but after that you should wear a cap like a grown man – bill curved."

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i like to think of a hat as a 'lid' of sorts for my head. feel free to use this terminology elsewhere as long as you credit me appropriately

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i wearin a detroit tigers hat rn

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

nigga crab pollock posted:

they probably have a car that is 'nice' not even super nice or anything, like a 08 mustang or an altima or maybe an infiniti of some sort. like a car that only has a 'large' engine by virtue of being not an economy car yet they treat it like poo poo and drive it like a race car. they think that it puts them a cut above everyone else because they took out a $6k loan on an 8 year old used car with a v6. it won't be european unless it's an e36 and if it is you bet it will be slammed to poo poo

i used to drive a saab 9-3 and they loving hated that car. was honestly impressive how much ire it wrought for a crappy used car that didn't like to start. sure, it looked like a turd on wheels and designed for ergonomics and utility over any shred of car-guy bravado but it was fast as hell. i had people tripping over themselves to tell me why their altima was better than my beater saab, and its like bro - i only know you are saying any of this poo poo because you looked up 1/4 mile drag times and saw that the saab beats our your car by like a half second despite being a massive piece of poo poo simply by virtue of it having a turbo and not cranking the torque of the lower gears up as high as they go

Wth are you on about?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Roger_Mudd posted:

Here is some information I found online:

"I know the whippersnappers out there like to keep the bills of their hats flat, but trends be damned. Perhaps I’m just a fist-shaking curmudgeon stuck in my ways, but I’ve always thought the flat bill thing looked goofy. It has a tendency to make the crown appear bigger, which consequently makes the wearer look like a boy sporting his dad’s ball cap. Baseball hats are already an accessory associated with the younger set; wedded to a flat bill, they make a guy look about twelve. Which I guess is okay if you’re actually 12, but after that you should wear a cap like a grown man – bill curved."

Nice rant from a guy who cares about how other people wear a hat.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH
Never pay for a hat. They come from Feed and Seed companies or from product vendors that you work with. I've never bought a baseball cap in my life.

Brim should be curved over your thigh. Not rolled. Just give it a light bend.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FedEx Mercury posted:

Nice rant from a guy who cares about how other people wear a hat.

But what about saggy pants? Where does it stop?!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

got a decade old tiger's cap that I wear for work

it smells like a dumpster fire and I'm pretty sure there's a new form of life growing on it

love that hat.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i don't have to bend my fedora

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kuato posted:

how many teeth are you missing and how long is your beard

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

nigga crab pollock posted:

yeah being a teenager with a hand-me-down turbo car from grandpa was fun. mine was a volvo 240

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Roger_Mudd posted:

The kids these days wear them with the bills flat and the stickers still on.

I take my stickers off and bend that bill like a pro.

Uhh how will anyone know it is new like that?

• Locked thread