Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Yep, that masked man is totally Gali-Gali. How nice of Isaac Clarke to lend him a mask.

It is good to know that success hasn't made Tekkadan lose their values of taking care of each other, but they're still not out of the woods... and the show still isn't afraid to show them, and the world that created them, as hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Well, where's the evidence for otherwise? Remember, we never saw any body, just like we never saw the bodies for the Turbine girls and they were all left alive. I suppose it might be somebody else, but there's no one else who has the knowledge or inclination to fight McGillis at this point, and introducing ba new character would be odd at this juncture. Besides, that long-shot of Gaillo's machine just collapsing is really suspicious... McGillis might be crafty, but he's still human, he could have made a mistake. He's still employing Space-Hitler, after all :v:

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Tae posted:

I didn't realize Aston was in season 1.

He was one of the Human Debris liberated from the Brewers last season; we only really saw him again as the cavalry for the big battle at the end of season one, so I don't blame you for forgetting him. It's nice to see that he's adjusting well, though.

Speaking of which, I'm glad Akihiro and... um, other guy have finally gotten rid of that red stripe. The fact the Tekkadan, broken and bloodthirsty as they still might be (well, as Mika still is),really did embrace the values they espoused still firmly entrenches them as Good Guys in my book; "as we would not be slaves," and all that.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah, I think we can say that it's Gali-Gali in the robo suit. Interesting thing is, he has a chip on his shoulder about Tekkadan too (which I don't suppose I blame him for, given how Carta ended up), so I wonder if we're going to see him burying the hatchet with Mika and co in the name of taking down Chocolate Man after he turns on Tekkadan (which he most certainly will do, if he hasn't done it already). Heck, I just want Robo-Gali and Mika to meet, and see what happens. Will there be talking at all, or just glorious, awful violence?

And speaking of glorious violence... yay, Aki, for getting a claw! :allears: Don't wory, big guy, you'll get to use it all the way soon enough. And I guess I should be thankful that Mika carving up essentially gladiatorial slaves is still really uncomfortable to watch.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

I like how concerned Yamagi was with Norba when he showed personal interest in the new Gundam frame.

Tell the boy, Yamagi, just tell him-this doesn't do anyone any good, and you know what he's going to do with what they found today.

Anyway, a disturbing picture rises today; Tekkadan's star is climbing, but Mika's still gunning down unarmed men on Orga's say-so, and Orga's still shaking on deals before the terms are hammered out. As our bro said, that's terrible politics, and the only one that seems to notice or care is Kudelia. The scene is ripe for exploitation by McGillis, and there are a number of angles he can exploit to now stab them in the back. One of these is the very relationship between Mika and Orga- for all of his gambles, Orga's never actually killed anyone, and Mika is no planner. So when the anvil falls... are they going to separate the dream team- abscond with Orga, and in so doing force Tekkadan to change or die?

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

They're not even trying to pretend that these kids won't die horribly but I still feel for them. The cold blooded manipulation and casual disregard for their lives is a lot more effective than the cackling evil of the Brewers. These kids can't catch a break. :smith:

Also, the conversation about having someone to look up to (and the unspoken implication of what people think of that kind of relationship when both people are of different genders) makes me think the masked cyborg could be one of Carta's men instead of Gaelio. Probably not the case, but it gave me that vibe.

I dunno, Carta's guys seemed a bit too interchangeable and anonymous to me to be this character. I think the "unspoken implication" was more about trusting someone who you might look up to and even love, but who might, in the end, stab you in the back. Betrayal seems to be kind of a big theme for this Gundam: everybody's using each other, and thinking they'll catch wise first if anyone makes a move.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Tae posted:

We also don't know how much human is left in Gaelio. It could be a great part of his calmness is because he is machine enough to not put out strong emotions to do short-sighted things.

Then why give us that humanizing moment with Julieta, hinting at a possible emotional connection? I think that the plot will tempt him with an easy path to revenge, but it remains to bee seen if he'll take it...

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

It is very strong, yes, and pretty much continues seamlessly from the first cour.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Gorelab posted:

One interesting thing with the episode, I thought is that they finally seem to be splitting Mika and Orga apart for awhile since they're sending Mika to Earth. I think that has some good potential for character growth.

Especially if what I think is going to happen, happens: Orga gets in over his head, and lacking any physical heavies (because he's sent them all with Kudelia), he gets taken hostage. Maybe by Gjallerhorn, but possibly by Teiwaz, if he goes to far overboard.

Mika's initial reaction alone would be glorious.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

I'm getting so many death signals, I don't actually think anyone's going to die in the immediate future. There's so many I feel like they're all bumping into each other, and tripping each other and thus cancel each other out. This is the It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World for death flags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

everydayfalls posted:

I was going to use the word faustian, but you summed it up well.

We know these characters literary skills are sorely lacking but that they can't figure out that the guy that has betrayed everyone he has ever know and "loved" should give them all more pause than it has. Maybe Naze will talk some sense into them.:ohdear:

Yeah... It really is good that Takaki did the smart thing and took his cute sister out of dodge in search of an honest life, because even if Tekkadan survives the coming conflict with Teiwaz (and if the preview is right, there will be one, oh yes), and even if the conflicts after that are weathered- and this is even on the assumption that McGillis is on the up and up, which I doubt- I doubt he'd want to see what happens to his friends after becoming "kings of Mars," because wealth and power tends to change people. They tend to become harder and crueler, more greedy and vain; you know those cartoon episodes where one character inherits great wealth or power and almost immediately becomes an rear end in a top hat? It seems trite and ridiculous, but sociology tells us that that's pretty much exactly what happens in those situations; heck, anyone who's played Monopoly can tell you that the wealth need not even be real in order to enact a change in personality. I'm not saying that Orga is immediately going to hunt down everyone who was ever mean to him and Mika and put them in a death match that he enjoys with wine, but people in his position, especially people who don't know how the governance thing even works, tend to cover themselves in glory and riches and revel in them before thinking about other things to do, and everyone else close to him is still firmly riding the Orga Is Always Right train, and I don't see that as being good for the future of Mars, especially the slum where everyone grew up.

The one bright spot is Kudelia, who does know a little about how the game is played and cares about making things better, and that she still has Mika's ear. We keep bringing this up, and it keeps never happening, but perhaps that scenario will finally be the breaking point of his unquestioning loyalty to Orga. Because a very conspicuous parallel was drawn between Takaki and Mika this episode: Kudelia's advice to Takaki was to expose himself to more experiences to form a greater understanding, something Mika has deliberately avoided doing. Things are going to come to a head sometime...

• Locked thread