Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

paragon1 posted:

Don't get me wrong though! I'm not saying Orga and Tekkadan in general haven't made bad choices. They let Space Hitler live after all.

They left him bondaged and beat up to gallahorn. By all means, he would be dead in most cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The biggest plot twist yet in this episode.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think anyone expected this to be where a Gundam show goes, especially when IBO debut. Wow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I doubt it'll be the main focus for the next 15 episodes. I don't think any sub-plot in Gundam lasts that long.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beam weapons still aren't good which is an interesting thing, but basically solely used to cause destruction to non-combatants in a short amount of time. I guess it makes sense, since its tail is more than enough to one-shot most mobile suits.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well regardless of why the beam did what it did, it's good to see that bashing cockpits is still the best way to win fights and not beam spam.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's not like it needs or relies on the beam to win. It took out a whole squad of presumably elite royal pilots in a matter of seconds with its tail and infinite spawns. I'm going to safely assume it's way too strong for the Gundams to take head-on if they're planning ambushes on it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He's older than hush who was told he was too old.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gallyhorn reminds me of final fantasy 14 when a country established itself on survivors who fought a dragon. Is that more a western thing or asian thing?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shiden is the Gai of Tekkadan Nadesico.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

We're still only less than halfway through the season if you can believe it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

genericface talking poo poo about Tekkaden made me glad he got his rear end kicked in when they fought the mobile armor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm curious how many mobile armors were active at a time if they needed 72 of these guys to win.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Does cost really matter when humans are on the brink of extinction?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's one of those Krillin situations, but Lafter and Aznee are probably the best pilots without Gundam access. They train the other pilots for a reason, and Akihiko couldn't beat Lafter for most of season 1.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They're not afraid to make Mika bleed from every orifice and keep his arms and eye hosed up, so he seems free for any further permanent abuse.

And though Gundam openings lie like a mother fucker, he's crawling around with half his limbs non-functional.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not sure beating up a bunch of civilians in a gundam frame is something to brag about.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Generally speaking; being able to fly is a massive game-changer in most Gundams, or requires a transformation. 00 doesn't count, because they were already quantum upgrades over conventional machines, and even the Strike's Aile Pack was just a Jump Pack in atmosphere.

It seems to be a bigger deal in this case because literally nothing we seen flies, period. White Base still flew, the Aegis Gundam still flew, Wing and 00 had grunts that could fly, etc. Gundam frames pretty much can't be standalone because of super high maintenance required, so the ability to have a tactical retreat and terrain advantage every single time IS a bigger deal than before.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tae posted:

They're not afraid to make Mika bleed from every orifice and keep his arms and eye hosed up, so he seems free for any further permanent abuse.

And though Gundam openings lie like a mother fucker, he's crawling around with half his limbs non-functional.

Glad I was right

well, not glad all the way

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kanos posted:

It's kind of hosed up that they can't be bothered to get Mika a damned wheelchair.

Do you think they have one?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The show was being called bad here as early as 3 weeks ago, and nothing's changed since then. Characters are still alive, even Quatre's dad died by this point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Am I missing something with the ride picture in the last page?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

At least G-reco had some fans. Who does IBO appeal to? Not the japanese and judging by the toonami thread, not the americans either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Belzac posted:

Who is the guy in the mask hasn't really been a mystery in Gundam ever. The bigger question is, why are they wearing a mask and not who are they.

G-Gundam.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I still say Galy was literal in saying Ein was near him. My money's still on his helmet being some part of Ein there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iok is a good reminder that one of the few things Gundam 00 did right was keeping Patrick in check from being Iok

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

She's the same as before, super loyal weirdo to rustal who wants to become strong.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fish and meat are so different

I love steak but gently caress fish grease smell

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The actual real justice is Iok accidentally felling Rustal to humiliation and disgrace that makes it easy pickings for McGillis to exploit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I still feel all these are too random and therefore good for Iok. Having him be killed by Rustal would be the ultimate justice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The payoff for why they kept Lafter alive at the end of season 1.

Don't care. gently caress both Iok and Jaslov forever

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Doesn't rule out a 3rd season if goddamn Code Geass is getting a 3rd season

literally anything is possible after that announcement

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's just a little reverse of how they're treated. Amida was a support commander for most of the show, goes out in a blaze of glory in battle.

Lafter is lauded as arguably one of the best pilots in the solar system as she teaches and beats almost everyone at Tekkadan, dies to a mob shoot-by.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iok is voiced by the guy that dubs Joffrey for japanese game of thrones. Huh.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Assuming the teiwaz civil war is done in the next two episodes, that's 7 left to do what the else with Rustal I guess which is still plenty of time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This is probably really obscure, but have they ever done a "mysterious character" with the same VA as another person and not have it be that person? Clone Kyoji also counts for this.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wait, she's younger than hush?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No, the best ending is rustal being removed in the penultimate episode and the final episode being iok in charge of what's left of old gallyhorn as he faces down the opposition.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I like how mcgillis gave little fucks on how or why gallu is still alive.

Also the funny moment of isuragi begging mika to stop calling his boss chocolate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iok cowers and surrenders, but Mika comments out loud "Did you say something? Cause I didn't hear anything." *Smush*

• Locked thread