Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Kanos posted:

A shitload of Tekkadan kids died horribly attacking Edmonton, on screen even. It's just that they were nameless and the decision to carry the show to a second season meant that Tekkadan had to continue existing as a relatively intact organization so their losses were played down and largely forgotten in the tonally inconsistent ending.

This arc is pretty clearly all setup, since it's all about drawing Tekkadan back into conflict with McGillis's rivals in Gjallarhorn.

He built a memorial for them in the beginning of the second part, it shows that they had about 50 casualties over the campaign, Orga despite telling them to go all out still shown more caution than CGS did where they lost 42 soldiers in a single battle and that doesn't even account for the human debris. If it wasn't for Orga's leadership, they would loose the same amount of casualties every battle because the strategy of CGS is "send them out to die so we can hog the glory"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They showed that this episode as well with how these random pirates who probably won't be too important past next episode are using human debris. And Mika is still just mowing through them like any other solider he faces.

That is Mika's combat doctrine, it isn't because he is a psychopath (if he was, he would relish in slowly killing the pilot vs a quick blow that ends it.) You raise a weapon against him and you are as good as dead and most Debris are already indoctrinated to fighting to the last breath as well as having no one to save them.

The only bummer part is they don't double up the tragedy and toss in female human debris, a dark parody of the Turbines.

gyrobot fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

The establishment of the orphanage at and expansion of Sakura farm is directly connected to Kudelia securing favorable export rates for half-metal.

And how was she able to survive while Gjallarhorn routinely executes people who clamor for economic rights? Without Mika she is just another idealist waiting to be shot

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Orga just made an alliance with McGillis. I am super interested to see what Mika does if he lands in the middle of a fight between McGillis and Earth Tekkadan

McGillis is gonna see through the ruse and goes for a decap strike. Provided Dante got the info that Ratface is using them and Galan is the hammer Tekkadan wouldturn their guns on his forces and the big question is who shoots ratface, Takaki or Aston?

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Remember that Takaki deeply respects Galan. If he takes a shot for him (or if Aston does), then that's the alliance over and done with.

Even if its revealed that he planted the bomb that wounded Nadi and Makanai? drat there is going to be some conflicted loyalties.

Now looking in retrospect this arc was a trip down memory lane for Aston and Takaki. Remember their first time they had to work for adults they were so abusive that even Ali would say "cool it. These kids would fight better with carrots over sticks." Galan was the kind of general that while harsh at least commended them at face value where as Kudal and Sasai was as abusive as they come. It will take some strong mental resolve to tell themselvss to let go and realize that Tekkadan is their future and they have to realize that deep down Galan is scum.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

Something that's kind of been put to the side given McGillis being creepy and all the SHOCKING REVELATIONS this episode?

Man, Akihiro's had some character growth. Look at him talk with Ride, and then compare it with where he was at in episode one. Mr. "I am human debris, and therefore am not allowed free will or happiness" is now going out and telling Ride to come on in and eat with everyone else. He's willing to get attached to people, despite his losses, and he even loving smiles. Hard to imagine him doing that early season one.

Not that I'm surprised it's gotten mostly ignored because, holy poo poo, everyone gets scenes this episode. Some more than others, but there's at least a small character beat for the overwhelming majority of the cast, including the most Chad's ever gotten to do and a pretty decent action scene. All without being confusing or stopping the plot dead in its tracks.

We're about a third of the way into the second season, and things are looking pretty good. I mean, wheels could come off at any time, but right now IBO season 2 is looking confident.

Maybe this will finally convince him to complete the last missing he wanted in a family but never had, a fiancee/wife and tells Lafter how emotionally vulnerable he feels. Maybe this will give us a proper backstory for Lafter and Azee

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I really hope the Turbines got footage of Iok openly disregarding the parley signal and opening fire on escape pods and use it to get him hanged by Gjallarhorn.

Rustal may double down on this if this was tied to the McGillis and essentially destroyed a valuable ally of Tekkadan because Jasley is pro Gjallarhorn and Teiwaz will follow Rustal when the shooting starts.

Also rip Blid and Chloe

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

Iok is incredible because he's not a baby eating evil powermonger. In a franchise full of cynical Gihrens and Basks who don't think twice about war crimes, Iok hesitates because he understands what he's doing is awful but he goes along with it anyway. He'll drat right mow down those fleeing noncombatants in the name of his dead subordinates!

It is a testament to this season's writing that Iok's development made me go from rolling my eyes at his pathetic incompetence to hating him.

Hell this seasons of villain was significantly better written than the first which were horrific caricactures of moustache twirling villainy. Nothing in IBO can top Kudal aside from Lord Djibril.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Adel posted:

Because being a well rounded character with flaws = edgelord dark motives :rolleyes: If joining Teiwaz is considered passing the point of no return, do you consider Tekkadan to be in the same position?

The guy who hosed over Naze wasn't any enemy he personally made, he never did anything directly to the guy that would warrant that level of betrayal. Naze's only sin was having a million hot wives and being more successful and the boss liked him more. That's it, Pimpcoat Badguy's motivation was primarily that he was jealous and he wanted Dad's attention, not because of any fault or hubris on Naze's part.

ImpAtom said it better than I could, but Merribit and the mechanic aren't on the same level as Naze. To expand on his thoughts, I think Merribit and the mechanic are both interesting characters that offer two different but valid points of view to Tekkadan's actions, with Merribit being the more cautious, moral one and the mechanic being the hands off, pragmatic realist. Neither of their motives (which boil down to wanting Tekkadan to succeed and be happy, though they have different opinions on how to reach that goal) are even close to dark or ill-intentioned.

With less screentime and focus, both of them managed to be far better written and complete characters than Naze.

Jasley's belief is that Teiwaz isn't some sort of charity movement, it is a ruthless business conglomerate with criminal style hierarchy to maintain balance between rival corps in the outer rim as they are the only ones with legitimate authority with the Gjallarhorn people being nothing more than honorary inspectors who best keep quiet or it's the shoals for you. Naze's involvment in this and Tekkadan twisted Teiwaz's values too much to his liking, suddenly you got these drat idealists who is making a Mars a prosperous place when it should be low investment high profit planet to ensure the workers never have any ideas. CP Gray's Rules for Rulers puts this idea quite well, a resource extraction economy for Mars keeps the people down but Orga and to a lesser extent Naze is rocking the boat too much and Jasley figures he needs to kill Naze in a way that leaves him disgraced.

He would prefer it if the girls were back to working low paying shipping jobs and sex workers and with Naze and Amida outta the way, Lafter, Azee and Eko are at risk of being poached and exploited by Jasley.

This season's tone has shifted from the hopeful spirits of rising up against oppression to a desperate fight were sacrifices are constantly made as seen in almost every arc.

The SAU/ABRAU skirmish destroyed Takaki's optimism, took Aston's life and the dissolution of the Earth Branch

The Hashmal attack took any hopes for a normal life for Mika and a month's worth of repairs to the Chryse area.

The Teiwaz civil war has already taken Naze, Amida and a lot of Turbine lives, including the Hammerhead control team save Eko (who was crying as she was escaping in the Launches) and shows no signs of stopping

Jasley is one of those rotten to the core type who will be vouched by Iok as someone who restored order to Rustal and I have a bad feeling this bloodshed will cost Orga his link to Teiwaz wherever it is by taking out Jasley or when Jasley gives him the boot.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Thoughts:

1)When a Gundam wants you to hate a character, god drat do they nail it.

2)Naze becomes far more tolerable a character to me now that this episode has come and gone. The vibe I get from him, overall: as a member of space mafia he is nowhere near close to a saint, but he tries to do good things whenever possible. He gives chances to those who wouldn't otherwise get one, as someone mentioned earlier. He's always willing to help, even if it puts him out. Of course, it's not like he's completely selfless in all this: he benefits greatly from the partnerships and trust he creates with Tekkadan and the Turbines. The Turbines helped him quickly make a name for himself both in and out of Teiwaz; McMurdo rewards him for his acquisition/creation of a huge military/economic force, the Turbines increase their numbers, and Naze gets the admiration of a ton of women who are grateful to get a second chance. Tekkadan is the same, in that Teiwaz gains another huge military force while also appealing to children in similar situations to Mika/Orga before the series begins, McMurdo moves Naze up the ladder further, and he earns another form of protection in Tekkadan. Hell, that Tekkadan had pilots figuring out their own scheme to help Naze tells me a lot about how everyone feels about him. No one may have as close of a bond with Naze as Orga did, but they clearly value him or his Turbines.

Naze to me can't really be a "good guy." He's a member of space mafia, and it would not surprise me to see him responsible for a myriad of deaths and who knows what over the years. I think he'd rather look like a saint to others though. Not saying it's an act, per se, but maybe dressing up his responsibilities as "random acts of kindness" helps him cope with how lovely and brutal the job is. McMurdo, from what I can tell, likes the way Naze operates as well. A guy like Jasley probably wouldn't make it to the top of the mob unless McMurdo had no other choice.

If Naze survived the entire series I think I'd be just a little put off by it. As it is, I'm content with how everything turned out.

EDIT: Also, is it all of Turbines that are his wives, or just the Hammerhead? Both are not healthy or normal, but one is significantly more preferable than the other.:shepface:

Only Amida he consider as he wife and had a couple of kids with, everyone else is either an employee or in a physical relationship as seen with Lafter and Eko. Only Lafter you can say is the only one who was the most active one. Funny thing is that the crew (Eko, Blid and Chloe) bear his surname which hints they are adopted as former human debris who would have spend their lives being expendable playthings for Teiwaz.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Midjack posted:

It was a bunch of characters who came to bad ends in their respective shows having a happy moment in a different world. Sadly it predated IBO, but Mika would probably be walking around in the background with Atra and Orga if it happened before.

Or Danji taking photos with mecha musume cosplayers with Shino at the cam.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
Indeed. Still what Okada dud was pretty smart so far. Realized what the audience wanted and decided that Akihiro deserved more than a physical relationship with Lafter ane instead she gave him what he never had: emotional love. The sense of love that Naze gave her as she wanted as any human needs to be functional.

Had Aki just slept with Lafter it will just be a lust motivated revenge. Here is is someone who killed the first person in his whole life to show mutual feelings and emotional bonds that he never felt with Tekkadan. This man needs to die for how coldly he casts asides people

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I saw it coming because they kinda waved every single flag in the world.

It really is sort of weird how like 2 dudes are the source of every single bad thing in the universe these days.

PEOPLE wanted an effective villain with a named character killcount beyond 1 good guy in a single arc, someone who wasnt a one dimension caricacture who eats babies for the hell of it and Tekkadan taking genuine losses and you got it this arc with the Teiwaz Civil War.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I find both Iok and the Teiwaz dude to be cartoonish villains so YMMV. Iok is probably the closest in that he's completely incompetent in an understandable way but he's still staggeringly incompetent and bad at everything he does and does ridiculously excessively evil things almost entirely to drive the plot. On the other hand Jasley is second only to the Brewers for feeling like he could have walked in from One Piece or something. Of the two Iok is the way better character by far, mind you.

I am glad that Tekkadan appears to be being genuinely pushed and the fact this is the second season gives me hope they'll actually follow through on the consequences of this action.

What Iok lacks in overrall cunning his pure zeal and charisma means anyone serving under him will die for him against his protests and will make good on the Kujan motto of crush the enemy entirely. A sane mind like Rustal would had thought of destroying the Turbines to weaken Tekkadan overral morale and potential allies in the civil war.

And the whole oncoming demise of Teiwaz is going to give power to the only faction left for Rustal to destroy: Gordon Nobliss and Montag and Gordon has been waiting for a slip up so he can claim it all to himself and Rustal has been eyeing him as a target since lately the independance groups are getting better armed and not part of mop up ops. The only ones that can oppose them is Admoss and no doubt we will be seeing Kudelia back to the warzone as Rustal puts Chryse on his crosshairs to kill the King

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Kanos posted:

I think Jasley was a really important addition to the show, to be honest.

From the word go on this series we've had it hammered into us that this setting loving sucks to live in. Human lives are literally treated as garbage("human debris") that are bought and sold for peanuts and significant segments of the population live as slaves for their entire short lifespan. It's a setting where it's considered kosher for a merc company to jab needles full of nanomachines into children to either turn them into conscript soldiers or cripple them permanently at a 50/50 conversion rate and the government is tentatively okay with this. The situation is so dire that the government sets up alibis to allow them to wholesale slaughter peaceful protesters and it's considered a major political victory for Kudelia to be allowed to give a speech saying "hey maybe mars should have the tiniest bit of economic independence guys". It's in this shithole setting where we're introduced to Teiwaz, the ruthless space mafia who have so much power in the outer solar system that they are a viable political counterweight to Gjallarhorn. They have their own mobile suit research and production lines and are a huge military power as well as an economic force. Surely a faction this powerful in a setting this corrupt and lovely has to be full of ruthless assholes, right? Well, no, because all we see of them for the series so far is Our Holy Saint of Selfless Charity Naze and his literal battered women shelter Turbines and Grandpa McMurdo, the leader who is portrayed as stern but nevertheless has a soft spot for Naze and Tekkadan and willingly gives them everything they want no questions asked.

Jasley, while certainly somewhat cartoonishly over the top, introduces the strain of ruthless self-interest that Teiwaz has been totally without up to this point, which made the organization feel less like the Space Mafia and more of a magical place where the main characters go to get anything they happen to need at the moment. Jasley is a huge dickhole who is eager to gently caress everyone over he needs to for self-advancement, and he goes about in underhanded, dirty, and merciless ways like you'd think a powerful criminal boss would. He honestly behaves like I had originally expected McMurdo to behave before it became apparent that McMurdo was just going to be The Nice Grandpa.

And he successfully uses their weaknesses to destroy the Turbines. Naze doesn't have the ambition to get to the top like Jasley did. He tried the Danslief trick with Orga and all he is getting is a 3 gundam response on Iok's fleet with everyone's having to ante up and Jasley is going to be greeted by Naze who isn't smiling one little bit with a gun aimed at Jasley telling him Grandpa McMurdo sends his regards to attempting to kill his oath brother

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Argas posted:

I'm not sure the Turbines could've done much damage to Iok's fleet just due to lack of firepower, not without blowing up their own ships in the process at least. However,Iok has shown time and time again he's a bad commander. He's not completely useless because you can see he laid out a good plan to take out the Turbines, but once the battle actually started he basically kept loving things up for his own side. He spins a yarn about having to be ruthless and whatnot but his actions just resulted in more casualties and made Gjallarhorn look like a bumbling idiot with the largest gun in the room. Instead of using the cease-fire or surrender to his advantage, such as accepting Naze's surrender and then taking him hostage, Iok just wants to play at being the master of the battlefield but he's a total failure at it.

If Naze is in exile you know Tekkadan will save him. Ioks move at least deprieved Tekkadan of Teiwaz support in both forms.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

It would have been in Iok's best interest to have Naze still be alive. That would give Tekkaden something to focus on and he could be used as a bargaining chip against them. Instead with him gone Tekkaden have lost the last semblance of a restraint on their actions which is definitely a bad think for everybody else.

And Tekkadan's response is a loud explosive rescue, this option gets rid of their allies much more easier and turns them to predictable raving animals meant to be put down.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's interesting that

McGillis is a child who never grew up. It reframes a lot of his behavior too. He's acting on childish beliefs, for childish reasons, with a deep and wholehearted belief in symbols and icons mixed with a distorted philosophy of power being all-important. It really reframes his view of Mika too in a disturbing way. We know why McGills has a Mikaboner now and that is because Mika embodies what he believes. Brute force and power. I suspect he probably thinks Mika feels the same way he does too. If all of Kudelia's time with Mika has any payoff it's going to be there.

Mika's reasoning will be to protect Tekkadan, the organization that Orga is the core foundation of. Without Tekkadan, none of the kids will have something to look up to. To quote Ogawa.

A10: Taking the social system in all its sizeable scale, to children and young people they’re a group to look up to because they have accomplished something with just their power. But from where adults stand, they’re a trigger-happy group, a dangerous unpredictable bunch. I suppose there are some adults, like Teiwaz’s McMurdo, who regard Tekkadan with approval and consider them lively youngsters, but few and far between… Either way, standing out too much may be quite risky.

To Mika, this is the closest thing children have to a safe haven these days. And Mika will fight both tooth and claw for Tekkadan before anything else. He has suffered the same type of mistreatment as McGillis but chose not to care about it, all he cares about is the destination Tekkadan is going and protecting it. A pack of wolves to speak with him at the head.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Mika's entire gimmick has always been "hey, Orga, who should I kill next?" He's never not been the villain's big scary attack dog, it's just that up until this point, Orga's naivety hadn't quite gotten them into a situation where Tekkadan were more likely to end up in the wrong than the right.

To be fair, during the Turbines/JPT conflict they did try to stay out of this and look what that got them, the total annihilation of every Turbine capable, including Azee. If Orga got himself exiled for Naze's sake the situation will be less desperate because as McGillis said, Jasley wasn't a threat and they were bound to but cut loose by Teiwaz inevitably and they chose the worst outcome you could think of..

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Kanos posted:

The Almiria/McGillis scene is a pretty interesting one to me because it makes me reevaluate his relationship with her. Based on him being so intensely creepy in previous scenes with her it was generally assumed that he was simply manipulating her to secure the Bauduin family's power for his future revolutionary plans, but the scene in this episode makes me suddenly second guess that; given that he's seized the Bael and is now claiming dictatorial power over all of Gjallarhorn to the point where he's actively arresting/restraining other Seven Stars family heads, he doesn't really need Almiria for anything at this point, yet he's still promising to make her happy to the point where he's willing to get stabbed to stop her from hurting herself. That and the fact that he's taking time out of his schedule on the brink of open civil war to see her and have a chat with her makes me believe that he actually does care about her on some super twisted level. Not in the :pedo: sort of way, but maybe he sees something of his childhood in her or something.

To him, a child like Almiria isnt a political piece or Vingolf concubine. She deserves a world where when she growsnup she can marry out of love, not politics. There are girls out there even less fortunate than she was before all this went down. If we think about girls like Lafter and Kudelia and even Fumitan the general tone is on both ends of the spectrum there is a crushing weight of cynicism that they are just tools and the only option is to lay low and dont rock the boat

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Could be, or it might just be the all-conquering-hero fantasy he's living out requires he marry the princess and his betrothal to Almiria feeds into that, making her merely a different kind of pawn. As always it's difficult to tell what's genuine and what's bullshit about Macky.

True, but to withhold the whole "prostitute as a tragic past" to McGillis felt off given how terrible the IBO Universe is for children, not even Lafter was subjected to such misery as a child.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
If people was complaining about the lack of competent villains last season Rustal has managed to give Tekkadan the taste of bitter defeat this episode. With the death of Isurugi, Tekkadan and McGillis is forced back to Mars for their last stand against Rustal.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Naze himself felt Tekkadan should stop being so aggressive. He told it to Orga. That he seemed to have no clue were he was going and was just in a rush to get there. .

And look what happened to Naze and all of Teiwaz. Jasley was a meager threat to Tekkadan if they act on it. Naze's caused a domino effect because he didnt realize this was a good time to ask for Orgas help and lay low.

At least with the Turbines in exile they some logistical help

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Nerses IV posted:

This is the main reason I thought mobile armors would be a way bigger deal in the second season, especially after one of them woke the gently caress up and went berserk. Instead it was just a monster of the week, and everyone went right back to scheming and meddling afterward. I was super certain treating the Hashmal like a one-off thing and going back to playing political games with McGillis etc was going to bite Team Establishment hard in the rear end, but it just... never mattered.

It basically placed Mika on the path to fighting that losing war as Mika was forced to commit fully to the fight like with Graze Ein and now he can't even walk anymore.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Considering the creation myth was "We used children to fight nigh-unstoppable sentient killing machines by installing hosed-up cybernetic implants so they could control giant robots that gave them permanent brain damage", it's more of a Grimm Fairy Tale. The brutally-cruel European versions where the punishments involve dancing in red-hot slippers.

You put a drat fine analogy to the future that Orga would have to face if he won, watching his back as the king of mars. Other powers coveting his power.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Lock Knight posted:

Hell of a ride. Also hell of a Ride.

The political resolution kind of mirrored what happened with the Dort colonies; nasty dust-up, then lots of off-screen talking that apparently works out.
The obsessive part of my dork brain can't help but wonder what happened to Tekkadan's Gundam frames. Too messed up to fix? No point to it? What was left of Barbatos and Gusion would make for potent symbols for Rustal to put on display. Sort of a, "My guys killed these," kind of sentiment.

An' I kind of wanted Mika and Kudelia to have a kid, too, so that one image from the first season, when Atra started getting Ideas from Amida, would turn out so. Could've had Kudelia's giant pony tail and everything. This is a personal issue of mine.

They want the frames to be buried along with the rest of the godawful Calamity war. Seeing the destruction wrought by the frames alone when unleashed full power shown that deep down the King of Mars is an empty prize with the only reward being an ever watchful eye of jealous colonial powers who supposedly supposed to benefit from the newfound freedom only learned that they have to kill one another in colonial wars backed by Nobliss because McGillis wouldn't look at a gift horse in the mouth and thinks that Nobliss would help keep Tekkadan in check by providing them with enemies to fight.

Keeping the frames as trophies will only create an aura of resentment, just let the instigators be removed and move on. Deep down, Orga and Rustal are different sides on the same coin, both are ruthless and ambitious and unearthed destructive weapons to use against their enemy.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Lestaki posted:

McGillis always fought to 'reform Gjallahorn' which was a fantastic tagline but entirely devoid of actual content. For a very long time we had no idea what he actually meant by that and I figured it was just being kept a mystery but really it never did have any great meaning beyond a desire for a meritocracy under his personal rule.

Still, as a slogan it served to motivate a lot of people in the setting into following him to their deaths.

The sheer destructive potential of a Gundam and the iconic worship was to have the frames enforce the peace. So any debris who decided he has had enought of being enslaved and somehow gets a frame and rebels using a gundam will be seen as people McGillis wants in his regime. Hell he probably wanted Rustal to bring his family gundam just to prove a point across even if he mounts a Dansleif launcher to settle things

Let that sink in for a moment if McGillis won. Yes the world will no longer have debris or inequality but it will be a world where might makes right and whomever has more gundam frame wins. He will use that as leverage to keep Tekkadan on a leash and Orga does not like being treated like a lesser being. Inevitably people like Kudelia will be killed for violent regimes are maintained by violence.

Death makes everyone equal after all.

gyrobot fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At a guess; Pedophile Rapist Daddy had to live because otherwise how would McGillis prove he's better than the bastard?

He wanted Iznario to watch. Watch as the world he prospered in and those he viewed as assets die once the meritocracy was established and the revolution execute those foolish enough to stay loyal.

Gjallarhorn under will most likely take a hands off approach to independance movements provided they dont spill over. Anyone who threatens the conflict that spills over will be met with a Gundam led task force and they are a proven force multiplier that barring Dansliefs can only be stopped by another gundam.

So what does it mean?

A 2:1 advantage in gundam frames for Gjallarhorn vs Tekkadan. Kimaris would likely be scrapped, one thing we have seen in s2 was Tekkadan was relying more and more on the sheer power of the frames vs their cunning tactics since Biscuit's death. Given Orga's situation, He really cant fight McGillis in the long run as the frame advatage is too great and McGillis would have by then tapped jnto the crippling power of Bael to go toe to toe with the Wolf King and win.

• Locked thread