Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm glad that McGillis teaming with Tekkadan isn't really a secret, and laughing that Akihiko is annoyed that people keep surrendering to him.

I just love that when Aki runs out of ammo he just pulls the GIANT loving CLAW. The use of Big Lumps of Metal rather than beamspam as weapons is one of the best things about IBO's fight scenes.

And Aki holding off after the surrender pretty much cements him as more human than Mika at this point. I have a strong feeling that Mika's only response in that situation would be 'oops' (like with Carta's henchman not even getting into the suit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The thing that gets me in the new opening is the way Orga carries Mika, to me it looks more like he's carrying ammo to load into a gun than a person. They're really pushing the idea that Mika's losing his humanity to become a component of a weapon. He's got kinda the opposite arc to Aki, as the latter was pretty much disposable ammo as human debris (and less disposable but just a controller for an MS when he gets the Gusion Rebake) but has become a much more rounded human being.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

NotALizardman posted:

Wow Iok's gone from incompetent buffoon to massive piece of poo poo real quick.

I don't want Julieta to shank him. That would be far too kind. Iok needs a proper bastard's death.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

NotALizardman posted:

Lafter and Azee disable his graze and strand him in space. Julieta ignores his distress calls, reports him dead.

And everyone on the bridge agrees with her that they never heard any distress call.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Bloody Pom posted:

I really hope that Iok ends up on the business end of Barbatos' new claws.

Nah. Lafter does to Iok what Mika did to that idiot with Carta who posed on top of his Graze. Mostly, I don't want Mika to do it, someone with a more personal reason to end him should do it. Nothing spectacular, no big superweapon or multi-person battle. Just a squishy sack of meat on the wrong end of a MS-sized blunt object. He saw the moral high ground and started digging, let his death be the anticlimax he fears it will be.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

tsob posted:

I'm not sure someone who kills civilians and surrendering enemies can really be held to only be operating out of a misplaced sense of right and wrong anymore. He might not be a cackling bastard, but he's still a bastard regardless. If doing those things didn't give him pause then I don't think he'll ever consider his actions in any other light.

Iok is an idiot who thinks he's a decent person.

Akihiro should prove that he is. We all know what happens to decent people on the battlefield...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Iok died, therefore Good End.

"Colasaur your way out of this one, motherfucker."

• Locked thread