Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ironic Iok death #64: During Iok's final moments, he is betrayed by his soldiers after being sick of being thrown in for blind loyalty. He shouts out "Help!" and in the background radio chatter, he only hears "Did you hear something?"

"No. We didn't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, even if Iok's still in his custom Reginlaze, he seems to have some sort of reality-warping field that spells disaster for anyone he's up against on his side, so that's three major threats on the Arianrhod side. :v:

Iok is far more of a threat to his side than the enemy's. How many of his own allies have ended up dead because Iok is an idiot?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Iok will never get a death as pathetic and miserable as Yuna in SEED which is a shame because it is basically the fitting end for him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have a feeling both Rustal and Iok will presumably stay in their Command Ships during this battle.

Also Rustal's flagship is huge looking at it again.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, and the terrifying thing is that he wasn't doing that because he's a cackling monster like the rear end in a top hat in Teiwaz. Iok is scary because he genuinely thinks he is acting in the best interests of his goals and jobs. He is the iconic image of someone who is terrifying not because they are a bastard but terrifying because they are earnest and forthright while being absurdly wrong.

I'm not sure someone who kills civilians and surrendering enemies can really be held to only be operating out of a misplaced sense of right and wrong anymore. He might not be a cackling bastard, but he's still a bastard regardless. If doing those things didn't give him pause then I don't think he'll ever consider his actions in any other light.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I just hope that either Julietta makes it out alive, or Azee makes a big, dramatic comeback. The show's already lost two badass female pilots, it doesn't have many more left.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope there is a fight between Gaelio and McGillis' Gaelio replacement to determine once and for all who is the best best friend.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

I hope there is a fight between Gaelio and McGillis' Gaelio replacement to determine once and for all who is the best best friend.

I hope we get to find out what his deal is. I don't think there's anyone else who McGillis has allowed to get as close to him as Isurugi.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

tsob posted:

I'm not sure someone who kills civilians and surrendering enemies can really be held to only be operating out of a misplaced sense of right and wrong anymore. He might not be a cackling bastard, but he's still a bastard regardless. If doing those things didn't give him pause then I don't think he'll ever consider his actions in any other light.

Iok is an idiot who thinks he's a decent person.

Akihiro should prove that he is. We all know what happens to decent people on the battlefield...

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I have a feeling both Rustal and Iok will presumably stay in their Command Ships during this battle.

Also Rustal's flagship is huge looking at it again.

I doubt rustal is going to live through all this. He is prolly going down with that ship. With some luck taking iok with him.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I would honestly rather see Rustal get the "pathetic" death more than Iok at this point. Seeing Rustal fall apart would just be way more satisfying for me, I rather have Iok living out there knowing that somewhere that idiot is still being a huge idiot :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Uh, guys? I think the Kimaris Vidar has a four-shot Dainsleif.

It has the same rear-loading breaches, and if you assume the main spear is a central eletromagnetic core to accelerate them around instead of an external barrel, that thing is going to be loving brutal.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Uh, guys? I think the Kimaris Vidar has a four-shot Dainsleif.

It has the same rear-loading breaches, and if you assume the main spear is a central eletromagnetic core to accelerate them around instead of an external barrel, that thing is going to be loving brutal.

Fairly sure that's just a large piledriver like the one on the Graze Ein that can also be used to steady the lance like the sub-arms on the Kimaris Trooper. Wouldn't be the first time a secondary weapon has doubled as a way to hold another in place - check the wrist-blades on the Hekija, for instance. It being a gun would make little sense, since the pointy bit that would otherwise be the projectile is the only thing connecting the lance to the sub-arm.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

Fairly sure that's just a large piledriver like the one on the Graze Ein that can also be used to steady the lance like the sub-arms on the Kimaris Trooper. Wouldn't be the first time a secondary weapon has doubled as a way to hold another in place - check the wrist-blades on the Hekija, for instance. It being a gun would make little sense, since the pointy bit that would otherwise be the projectile is the only thing connecting the lance to the sub-arm.

Aside from the big-rear end block behind the shield sub-arm that seems to be locking onto the rear of the lance and feeding the spike through it just like the Dainsleifs? I will admit, I didn't figure out the true nature of the design at first, I thought it was all in the lance, but that thing is clearly designed to feed spikes through the sides of it from the sub-arms, and what the gently caress good would they do merely poking out that far back as a "sub-weapon" to stab Mobile Suits with? Anything skewered that far through is done already.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Oh wow, yeah. I see the purple rod sticking through on the left side of the lance now. There's a reeeeal good chance that's exactly what it is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aside from the big-rear end block behind the shield sub-arm that seems to be locking onto the rear of the lance and feeding the spike through it just like the Dainsleifs? I will admit, I didn't figure out the true nature of the design at first, I thought it was all in the lance, but that thing is clearly designed to feed spikes through the sides of it from the sub-arms, and what the gently caress good would they do merely poking out that far back as a "sub-weapon" to stab Mobile Suits with? Anything skewered that far through is done already.

As I said, it's just a brace when used like that. When unfastened from the lance, the shields become extra weapons, using the piledrivers to stab things from surprising angles (and using the guns mounted on the shields to shoot things, of course).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

As I said, it's just a brace when used like that. When unfastened from the lance, the shields become extra weapons, using the piledrivers to stab things from surprising angles (and using the guns mounted on the shields to shoot things, of course).

If it was a mere brace, it wouldn't be poking out the front of something that looks awful weapon-barrel-esque. It'd lock onto the back and that'd be it. That thing is almost certainly a Dainsleif.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I'm also thinking it's some kind of projectile weapon. Probably a varient of the Dainsleif. Especially considering that you wouldn't need to put something the entire way through just for bracing and that there's a muzzle brake looking thing on the sides. The upper and lower sections are different though (aiming cameras?), so probably 2 shot rather than 4.

Also talking about the upper and lower sections, anyone noticed the little horizontal slots? The brick things under the shields have matching tabs. Guessing it can store the lance on them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Luminaflare posted:

I'm also thinking it's some kind of projectile weapon. Probably a varient of the Dainsleif. Especially considering that you wouldn't need to put something the entire way through just for bracing and that there's a muzzle brake looking thing on the sides. The upper and lower sections are different though (aiming cameras?), so probably 2 shot rather than 4.

Also talking about the upper and lower sections, anyone noticed the little horizontal slots? The brick things under the shields have matching tabs. Guessing it can store the lance on them.

I'd say the upper and lower sections on the lance are autocannons personally, because they look like weapon muzzles as well.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Even if new Kimaris doesn't have a Dainsleif, someone's definitely using one tomorrow. You get a war crime, and you get a war crime, everyone gets a war crime!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like at this point the concept of "war crime" as lost meaning in IBO unless someone is bringing in nukes or chemical weapons. Mika's strapping parts of forbidden space dragons to himself, multiple people have banned weapons, Chocoman hijacked the sealed Baal, everyone's betraying everyone.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like at this point the concept of "war crime" as lost meaning in IBO unless someone is bringing in nukes or chemical weapons. Mika's strapping parts of forbidden space dragons to himself, multiple people have banned weapons, Chocoman hijacked the sealed Baal, everyone's betraying everyone.

There's no tomorrow and everybody's acting like it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Woo

Mika hosed up. Should be interesting to see how he reacts to that fact.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That's not how a dramatic all-or-nothing final shot is supposed to go at all :ohdear:. What actually dinged the barrel, the Barbatos' tail spike?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Iok's reality-distortion field still working overtime.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

:smith:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not how a dramatic all-or-nothing final shot is supposed to go at all :ohdear:. What actually dinged the barrel, the Barbatos' tail spike?

Julieta's blade-whip thing, Mika was a split second too late to stop her.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Character deaths don't usually affect me much, but I think I'm gonna need a moment for this one, goddamn. :smith:

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Well gently caress.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

War crimes fighting war crimes with war crimes. After this curb stomp I don't think 3 gundams can win a war on their own.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Fat and Useless posted:

War crimes fighting war crimes with war crimes. After this curb stomp I don't think 3 gundams can win a war on their own.

3 2 gundams.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Dulkor posted:

3 2 gundams.

Gusion, Bael, Barbatos

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Rustal is a hypocritical piece of poo poo and I'm glad he's talking in the preview because it exponentially raises the probability of him dying next episode

Besides that I think the failed last charge shtick is wearing thin, but Shino's death is still a horrible gut punch. Looks like Julietta is getting hers next episode as well because of it. The title of the episode has some literary meaning behind it, because its "For whom" (Do you die for?). You have Julietta and Iok willing to die for Rustal, you have tekkadan willing to die for Orga and you have the revolutionary guard willing to die for McG.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I get the inflitration and getting your opponent to fire a Dainsleif, but your own army having a whole fleet of them ready to go is a bit suspect there Rustal.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zedd posted:

I get the inflitration and getting your opponent to fire a Dainsleif, but your own army having a whole fleet of them ready to go is a bit suspect there Rustal.

He only replaced the pilot, which indicates that McGillis's fleet had Dainsleif Grazes ready to go as well. He just tricked them into breaking MAD first.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So does anyone doubt that the Kimaris Vidar's packing a two-shot Dainsleif in that lance now?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I personally doubt it because it looks weirdly small compared to proper dainsleif.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

He only replaced the pilot, which indicates that McGillis's fleet had Dainsleif Grazes ready to go as well. He just tricked them into breaking MAD first.

No, the revolutionary dudes had no idea of the weapon and immediately apprehended him when he fired. If McG had planned to use Dainsleifs he would have actually used them at that point, since Rustal was concentrating his fire on that flank, leaving the rest of the fleet open to counter attack. There is 0 evidence that McG had the weapons, in every shot we see his troops with standard weaponry.

Just gotta suck it up here, Rustal used a slime ball tactic to justify his use of disproportionate and illegal weaponry even when having the numbers advantage. He purposely attacked his own fleet to justify it and his officers were absolutely fine with it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argas posted:

I personally doubt it because it looks weirdly small compared to proper dainsleif.

Try looking at it again with one of those side-shields plugged into the back, including the lance shaft as the bigass electromagnetic accelerator core (theoretically).

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Try looking at it again with one of those side-shields plugged into the back, including the lance shaft as the bigass electromagnetic accelerator core (theoretically).

More plausible but I'm still personally on the side of probably not, because I don't think Gaelio would approve of it. Not that it wouldn't stop Rustal from sneaking it in somehow.

Also, do we know if Rustal was commanding the Arianrhod Fleet during the Dort rebellion? Because this episode basically shows that he totally could've commanded the fleet at the time.

Edit: Maybe Rustal did sneak it in, knowing that Gaelio would opt not to use it...but Ein totally would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Alright here's my effort feelings...

What hurts is Orga figured it out after the dainsleifs hit, run away. Don't die for McGillis. Everyone drank too much Orga kool-aid and had to be greedy before they ran.

Meanwhile you have Juiletta who is Rustal's Mika to the point she is pulling poo poo out of her rear end to save the day. Hell with an AV system she'd be legit better than Mika. Nothing in this episode ever gave me the thought oh they have a chance to win. No at best this was always a draw. Now the kids have one shot up ship and two useful suits stopping a couple fleets while Gaelio and McGillis do the gundam dance. They can't win, this can't be Canada again.

Lets just take a small moment and look at Akihiro. "Don't got one, don't need none" to Orga's call for women and money upon success. That stung.

You don't mess up Orga's final order and not push the berserk button. Mika will take out the dainseilfs at least and what is left of Juiletta.

I'm upset about robots.

• Locked thread