Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
After going through Season 1 once more last week and reading through the thread (I completely forgot we had a thread for this until this past weekend! :downs:), I can tell you one thing: I feel that you guys and the posts in here (except the one about Trump/Hillary comparisons; that one was just silly) have actually made me enjoy the show more than I originally thought. Like, don't misunderstand me, I'm not knocking the show down. I like the show. I like the overall "grittier" aspects it has going for it. I actually even enjoy some of the things Okada does with the standard Gundam... ugh, tropes™. But at some point during the second season, I felt that Okada left the story feeling a little toothless. Yeah, there were some :krad: moments.

Aki DESTROYING Galan Mossa was just stone-cold badass. Frostier than any Black Metal album. :black101:

People getting Mikazuki'd/Mika'd is never not fun as a Mecha show can get.

But a lot of things just felt... I dunno, like a retread on what the first season did. Then, after reading some of the posts here, I actually started unpacking the 2nd season a bit better. And you know what? I honestly think that, for all the crap she sometimes gets due to some of the trademarks found on her scripts, she's done a fine job in actually getting me invested in another Gundam show. And so have you guys. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

Not only that - he's brutally honest because he cares about them to a fault. Remember how he gave Julietta that big speech about how Galan shouldn't be mourned, because it would dishonour his sacrifice, and then was unable to practice what he preached and mourned him anyway? Remember how he gave Iok nothing more than a few days' house arrest and an I'm-very-disappointed-in-you speech for actual, straight-up war crimes, and begged Gaelio to reveal himself and take some of the burden off the kid? Remember how he actively tried to discourage Julietta from trying to become stronger for his sake, and suggested she should try to become more human instead? He's the exact mirror image of McGillis - whereas Macky is your charming best buddy who will betray or abandon you the moment looks like it might possibly be to his advantage, Rustal is your hardass meritocratic dad who gives you a giant allowance, is an endless source of fatherly advice about life, the universe, and everything, and will get you the best lawyers money can buy even if you've been caught eating a dude's liver in public.
Additionally, part of Rustal's angle also felt like he's using himself as a cautionary tale of sorts, like a version of the good ol' "You don't want my job, kid" chestnut. Despite that, I still hope Iok either gets Mikazuki'd or goes down like a pathetic chump. C'mon, Okada: The Gundam franchise doesn't need another Patrick Colasour. You know you want it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Akihiro and Mikazuki, badasses to the very end. :cry:

I don't mind this ending. It made sense, even if it still feels like a bitter pill to swallow.

Akihiro willing himself back to action out of sheer rage to crush that dumbass Iok and Ride capping that fat piece of poo poo, however, still felt so loving satisfying. Those two moments, along with Barbatos HOWLING were straight up for the :black101: books.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I do think Rustal's reforms make sense: When 3 out of the 7 families are pretty much done (with the heads of the Kujan, Fareed, Issue houses dead), and for all his ruthless dickery, he seems less of a tyrant and more of a cold, pragmatic politician/general. Even if he ultimately "crushed" Tekkadan and the McGillis revolution, he knows when to cut his losses. Also, the whole subplot with him grooming Julieta to eventually succeed him makes me think that, while he valued the weight of the likes of Gaelio and Iok, at the end of the day, he's more interested in people that get him results.

Droyer posted:

I'm feeling kinda eh on this ending. Most of the character stuff was nice Julieta ultimately defeating Mikazuki in particular, although I do kinda wish they had a more involved fight rather than him just dying on her. The political situation being resolved offscreen through no effort of any of our protagonists was incredibly unsatisfying though. Rustal deciding to create a democracy came out of complete nowhere and honestly seems out of character for him.

Overall I soured on the first season after it was finished and I feel similarly about this one. Kudelia getting completely sidelined was lame and while I know many here will disagree, I think McGillis' character in s2 felt a lot weaker than s1, although I do like Gaelio's arc in relation to him. That coupled with this ending means I probably won't think back on this show very fondly.
While Tekkadan did grow up to be a formidable force, remember that aside from Orga, none of them were originally long-run planners. Hell, Orga himself had to often hit the ground running, plans-wise. If anything, they often had a more "Villain"-like influence on the plot, in that because of their actions (along with McGillis'), other factions had to react. The In-Universe History will probably paint the dead CGS/Tekkadan in a negative light, but it was because of their influence that Kudelia had to buckle the gently caress up and start getting poo poo done, even if she was sidelined for a good chunk of the 2nd season and most of the changes came after a time skip. It wasn't that the boys of Tekkadan didn't make any direct changes; it was ultimately because of their actions that some of the more influential people saw the need for change.

Goddammit, now I want to see future works set in this setting/universe!

Phobophilia posted:

i think the show stuck the landing, squaring the circle of needing tekkadan to die, with a happy ending. rustal was always a complex character, dirty, underhanded, yet willing to buck the 7 stars system and replace it from within. the post-calamity war system was never sustainable, not with that concentration of power and the institutionalized violence against the most vulnerable members of society

also what the hell did the kujan family do to the altlands? were they the ones that sicced pirates on them?
Akihiro was, in his own way, fond of the Turbines ladies, so I'm guessing that.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Apr 2, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's something incredibly funny about the fact that, had he not gotten into the fight in the first place (made doubly so because Julieta warned him to stay back due to his injuries) that Iok would've become Patrick Colasour 2.0, and maybe that G-Horn would've stayed more or less the same. NOPE, gotta make it all about myself. Good night, dumb prince

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The 2nd Season Curse started with Gundam Seed, right?

GimmickMan posted:

IBO is possibly the most cynical yet hopeful Gundam series yet. I wasn't super into it as some people here but I found the ending both touching and smart in skipping to years after the conflict ended, showing how the people adapted to it and changed.. I think it would have been better with like twenty less episodes of buildup, but it's still one of the tighter entries in the franchise thematically. It told the story it wanted to tell, even if it took a lot more episodes that it needed to do so. IBO stuck the landing and didn't flake out near the end. That's more you can say about many Gundam series.

Not too surprising, given how many of them got cancelled or changed directors along the way. :smith:

Also, Iok getting the scissors made me laugh. I'm a terrible human being.
Say what you will about Okada, but when she manages to bring her A game, she can do some incredibly powerful stuff.

Also, there's no shame in your second spoiler bar. Akihiro was the poo poo to the end and Iok getting SCISSORED TO A BLOODY PASTE was both incredibly loving powerful/badass (on Akihiro's end) and funny/downright pathetic (on Iok's end) for a number of reasons.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The article reminds me of the time I read that a lot of Cross Ange's shoddier aspects were attributed to Gundam Seed's Director Mitsuo Fukuda (Cross Ange's Producer). I'm guessing at the point where Ange's development started, he was just trying to stay focused due to the stress of taking care of his wife (Chiaki Morosawa, who was G-Seed's main writer). Poor guy. :smith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, wait. What parts of Cross Ange weren't shoddy?
I know, bad example, but cut me some slack: My daughter has a full-on crush on Nana Mizuki, so if I had Sundays off, I would watch anime with her. I swear that my daughter's one fatal flaw is that she has really dumb tastes/opinions with regards to Anime, Manga and shipping (and for those of you who frequent the chat thread, yes: She still ships Ryu x Sakura :cripes:)

This was the first Gundam she watched as it was airing and she seems to have liked it. I even taught her how to do the awesome celtic battle theme in Violin, so maybe she's not completely hopeless. :unsmith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DigitalRaven posted:

"Colasour your way out of this one, motherfucker."
:golfclap:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Microcline posted:

The show's moral seems thoroughly un-Gundam. A big stupid clusterfuck war with no political coordination manages through nebulous contrivance to fix every problem in the world. All of the survivors (including the shady mafia don) turn out to be good guys except for the ruthless businessman, who gets conveniently assassinated.

There are the elements of a good 12 or 24 episode show but there's so much filler and plots that don't go anywhere that it ends up a thoroughly mediocre 50-episode show.
While I respect your opinion and agree that some arcs could've been cut down or excised entirely (Brewers on the 1st season, Dawn Horizon on the 2nd), I think Argas' post managed to, more or less, make the best point about the wrap-up.

Argas posted:

I liked that though the ending paints a nicer, brighter picture of the IBOverse than when it started, it keeps kind of winking and nudging that the process of getting there was not at all clean despite the official story. Oh, and Gjallarhorn reforming because three of the Seven Stars are dead and gone, and not also because of the controversies the ignited the coup, I mean, the McGillis Fareed Incident. History is complicated but society enjoys a clean narrative.
Plus remember all of these circumstances potentially speeding things up:
  • The Arianrhod fleet, mighty as it is, did take quite a beating from Tekkadan / McGillis, so I feel that Rustal had to know where to compromise with regards to his "Kill 'em all" plan.
  • Thanks to the great 17-year old* Carta, Iok, and McGillis getting themselves killed, the Seven Stars System made less and less sense given that half of them bit the dust.
  • Rustal himself seems like the most down to earth out of all the Gjallarhorn leaders / Seven Stars' in that he seems like he has a very good grasp on what needs to be done and how to adapt even when the going gets tough.
  • Hell, let's make the argument that it was indeed a behind-the-scenes pain in the rear end because the two less touched-upon families maybe said something along the lines of "poo poo no! We ain't taking this sitting down!", I'm of the mind that maybe, even with all the casualties, Rustal still (probably) has both the approval of another family head in Gaelio (or, more specifically, his dad) and a sizable chunk of his fleet ready to cock the gun at the two other families' heads and ask "So you were saying...", and seems to be chummy enough with both Nobliss and McMurdo to back him up with resources if need be. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that Ride and his fellow rogue Tekkadan boys got the chance to off Nobliss due to Rustal facilitating it due to wanting to clean up loose ends with regards to that scummy Nobliss maybe getting a swollen head and thinking that he has what it takes to take on Rustal, much like how Jasley thought about snuffing old man McMurdo
And yes, I liked the show a bunch, warts and all. :)

*Oi!

Phobophilia posted:

Story time!
This is also good.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 3, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My biggest thing is that, even after the Galan Mossa problem, they still jumped the gun. Like yeah, the Earth branch thing is a bust, but at that point in the game, they're still Naze's protegees, so getting some work from Teiwaz was a feasible thing. Orga trying to speed the process of finding "a place to belong" was reckless, yeah, but I still think that they could've pulled through just fine. Backing McGillis at the point they did (some might argue at ANY point) was an abysmal error because, at that point in the game, to them McGillis is still "The Chocolate Man". Like yeah, he helped them in the past, but this guy is part of the same organization that (either directly or indirectly) killed several of their bros, including Biscuit, so they should know better than to throw their lot with this guy.

I know, I know: McGillis is s'posed to be the "Char" and, after seeing Gaelio's art, some people went as far as saying "Gee, a little subtlety there, Okada", due to certain obvious parallels.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hunt11 posted:

A lot of that is due to Julieta being smart enough to recognize that fighting Mika is an extremely bad idea.
I think that Julieta becoming humbled by defeat and sort of is a nice part of her development as a character and that I came to see her and Gaelio surviving the series as something neat. She learned that out there were people who could push her poo poo HARD (Amida and Mika offering first-hand experience) and learned to work around that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so Okada fought for and got us a happier ending? :crossarms:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

You've seen her other original work, right? Lady has always been a big ol' romantic.
From the names I often see in animes, I know this:

Urobuchi is an edgelord.
Yoshino and Okouchi are a buncha' mouthy smartypants.
Uezu is a weirdo but at the same time is a big ol' softie.
Kobayashi understands JoJo better than a ton of self-proclaimed JoJo experts.

What I've come to understand from Okada is that, while she does have a thing for good ol' drama, her works can be hard to peg down. IBO is definitely my favorite on her résumé as of right now, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

on 4chan some people said that in some.. interview with a voice actor i think, it was said that Gaelio's voice actor had influence on the story because Okada is his fan or something like that, and he heavily pushed for a happy ending for his character

I have literally zero idea if there's any truth to any of that, but i guess that could explain why we didn't see purple man's little sister going mad with grief
Voice Actors such as Tomokazu Seki or Kana Hanazawa have been cast as a bunch of main characters on their rep alone (off the top of my head: Kanji in Persona 4, Kougami in Psycho-Pass and Shinichi in Nodame Cantabile for Seki and Akane in Psycho Pass, Marie in Persona 4 for Hanazawa); I mean, Akane's final haircut was based off of a picture they took from a Hanazwa's photo album or something. I wouldn't be surprised if Akira Amano's designs for Kougami weren't at least partly done with Seki's coolest voice in mind. In the corresponding Gintama arc, Kintoki, the robot substitute for Gintoki was voiced by Yuuichi Nakamura because it's a well-known fact that Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki's VA) and Nakamura have been best friends for the longest time.

Hell, in a bunch of shows, Daisuke Ono and Hiroshi Kamiya appear in roles that interact a ton with each other because A) They're best friends and B) They have a fairly popular Radio Show together. VA's influencing their works is nothing new. When Megumi Hayashibara got REALLY big in the 90's, if she was the lead / an important character of the show, it was a pretty safe thing to assume that she'd sing either an OP, an ED or both, similar to Nana Mizuki.

ImpAtom posted:

It's pretty likely. Gundam (and anime series in general) have a habit of making adjustments for popular voice actors. It's why Andy Wartfelt survived in SEED and why Jermiah became The Most Important Man In The World in Geass.
Ken Narita still is and always will be Sesshoumaru for a ton of my lady friends in both sides of the pond.

WRT Tekkadan's final impact, at the end of the series, they became more of a mix of cautionary tale / boogeymen. Like, the general public may not give a single flying poo poo about them anymore or may see them as downright failures, but Kudelia, Old Man McMurdo and the Rustal/Gaelio/Julieta faction of G-Horn know what's up. I mean, despite being backed into a corner, these scrappy murderous kiddos still gave them a good what-for. poo poo, despite being almost dead after the Railgun Dainslef barrage, Mika still managed to kill at least a dozen more pilots people and probably could've taken on Julieta if he, y'know, wasn't bleeding to death. And yeah, while it was his own stupid fault, Iok still got killed because he thought Akihiro was gonna go down for good without a fight. Well, that and opening his stupid gob.

And some of the ending might feel like an easy way out, but still makes some sense, at least in my opinion. If nothing else and without wanting to come off like a psycho, but for lasting less than 30 seconds, Iok's death has got to be one of the most satisfying moments in recent anime: An idiot who got in everyone's way finally serves some purpose. :byewhore:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah: A full Episode for the epilogue / after-action report would've helped the show unpack much better, instead of the 10 minutes or so we got. I do remember that some shows that I own on DVD/BD often add a couple of minutes if not more of stuff that ends up getting​ cut so that the show makes it on air and still gives space for commercial breaks. I recall an Episode of the 1st season of Haruhi Suzumiya that instead of being 23 minutes was like 30 minutes long on DVD. Wonder if they did anything like that for this show.

I know: Gundam shows are basically glorified commercials for Gunpla sets. Still, it'd be cool if they did something like that for the BD/DVD release.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Still better than SEED, as well. Right now, my top 5 Gundam are:

1. G Gundam (this one is more out of nostalgia)
  2. Turn A Gundam (probably the best Gundam show in my sincere opinion, and would be the 1st if not for my endless nostalgia for Domon and Co.)
  3. Victory
  4. ZZ
  5. Iron-Blooded Orphans

00 has among the strongest 1st half/seasons, but it still has problems and the 2nd season just pales in comparison. Reconguista feels like they just wanted to throw Tomino a bone and while it has some good/strong choices, at the end of the show I kinda get a "That's it?" feeling out of it. Age can go gently caress itself in its entirety and so can SEED Destiny (Vanilla SEED had its points but at this point in time I'm sick of some of my Mecha-loving friends still preaching the gospel of Jesus Kira Yamato, father of Kirito, uncle to Tatsuya). Unicorn is OK and Build Fighters disappointed me with its second season.

Also, gonna need more Sailor Mom

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I just started watching turn a for the first time and it's cool. that intro song tho, lmao

00 I thought was kinda subpar at first and nosedived into bad in the second season

ibo I liked from the word go, but it does waste a lot of time and has some problems. kudelia isn't nearly as bad as what's her face from 00, but she does still disappear from relevance in season 2, and they should have explained rustal's motivations and goals better so that the ending didn't feel so out of nowhere. outside of that tho, the core cast is really strong and mika/orga made good protagonists

Marina Ismail? (The Irani Princess of Azadistan)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Macky is a tragic, sociopathic man-child. Cheese knows how many years of physical, emotional and sexual trauma he had to endure and how badly it messed him up that his father-figure / sugar daddy was the kind of poo poo-stain that kept him around both as a potential heir and as a "bed-warmer". As twisted as he eventually showed himself to be, the relationships with the two Bauduin kids were the two most humanizing relationships for the dude, and I find it rather poignant that, along with his own shortcomings, they both played a part in his downfall (with Almiria's hand on said downfall being accidental while Gaelio's was deliberate). Sure, he had the loyalty of the Outer Earth Joint Regulatory Fleet and the Revolutionaries, but outside of maybe Isurugi, who was most definitely not in the same standing as McGillis, these two people were the ones who treated him as a human. poo poo, they, along with Carta, were the closest thing that he felt was a family, despite the fact that, even at the very end, he was still kinda "beep boop, what is this friendship you speak of".

The one thing McGillis, as a character, makes me wish, is that maybe we can put the "He is a CHAR!" thing to rest. It's been 38 years since the first episode of Gundam aired, guys. Yes, he's still up to this day one of the most memorable elements about the UC Gundam series, but c'mon. I'm also not that fond of the not-uncommon One Year War reference framing device either, but since that traces its influences back to World War II and not every Gundam series uses that frame, then I guess we can let it slide.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite "He is a Char!" character is, has been, and always will be Harry Ord, even if he takes more cues from the Quattro Bajeena phase of the older Deikun brother than anything.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

You're not going to have it happen because a lot of characters in Gundam exist as references to other Gundam shows. You may not like it but the franchise has long since descended into metacommentary where even the shows that explicitly are trying to break away from Gundam's OYW heritage end up rooted in it. (See the final battle of 00 being RX-78-2 piloted by Amuro Ray or McGillis's very very blatant Char elements.) It's a real problem only emboldened by the fact that the most popular Gundam shows tend to be the retreads. (Unicorn and SEED being blatant examples of it.)

IBO is a lot better than most recent Gundam shows in that it minimalizes it except for the "Man, a child soldier in a war machine is hosed up" parts except for McGillis who unfortunately is one of the most memorable parts of the show and contributes to that.
I actually don't mind some of the meta-commentary all that much. Recurring elements / characters on a long-running franchise can potentially be good for nostalgia points with loyal followers and a safety-net of sorts for new-comers because you can stay in your wheelhouse to a certain extent. The "trained child soldier in a war machine" was done well with the Iron Flower. Macky and Gaelio relationship basically felt like a better version of Char and Garma. And hell, the first season of Gundam Build Fighters was nothing if not references to past Gundam shows, and that was fun as hell.

It also had the best mom:

The problem is that newer Gundam shows also tend to recycle the lovely stuff, including the "HE IS A CHAR!" with ALL of the baggage that implies.

chiasaur11 posted:

Truths about Harry Ord
And yes, this is why I like Harry so much. He's kinda like a visual shout-out to Char's time as Quattro Bajeena but as far as character comparisons go, he couldn't be more different than the OG Red Comet. Also, Tetsu Inada's forays into hot-blooded :ssj: portrayal still warm my heart.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Reconguista in G was pretty different.

They should just put Tomino back in charge of Gundam.
Isn't Tomino semi-retired? Though if he works on anything for the 40th Anniversary, I'm all for it. Hopefully if he saw IBO, he can say "Oh, so you think you know how to make people wince, you ain't seen nothing yet, bitch". :unsmigghh:

(In my mind, Tomino sounds kinda like a mix between Colonel Stinkmeaner and Steven Blum)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

There'a gonna be at least one G-reco movie directed by him.
Ah, I forget that some Gundam series get comp movies.

Though honestly the best UC anime in the last decade was the Renho Arc in Gintama (prove me wrong, 2nd Season of Thunderbolt).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Limited edition bluray's gonna come with some interesting art

https://twitter.com/g_tekketsu/status/852824245243494400
That looks like an Infinite Stratos exoskeleton and the leotard Angela from Expelled from Paradise wore hate-hosed each other and decided to give birth to the baby, despite everyone telling them "No, the abortion is not going to hurt. Please don't do this to yourselves".

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

The artist who did them (and was involved in the show too if I recall) apparently just enjoys drawing naked girls (many do really). The other box sets art isn't as weird.

I quite like both pictures. I understand the reaction to the first's naked twin hug, but I just think both covers are gorgeous looking so I don't really care honestly.

The style reminds me a lot of this guy who used to do work for Capcom in the Street Fighter III / SNK vs Capcom days. Can't remind for the life of me his/her name, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

I'm pretty sure they're by Akira Yasuda, who also goes by the name "Akiman" and who has, I believe, worked on the Street Fighter games and for Capcom.
Checked the ANN page on Turn A and sure enough! That's the guy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Funny thing, I could see Okada and Nagai returning to do another joint for the Post-Disaster Timeline. I just wish that if it's a thing, that they go at it with an OVA / ONA format (kinda like Unicorn or Thunderbolt) instead of the old 24 or 50-ish episode misery toboggan.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Kamina was a sane mind in a crazy, weirdo universe. By comparison, Orga is crazier than a shithouse rat in a sane but cold, uncaring universe.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm not sure I'd agree with that.
It was so it remained a surprise for Ranzear. But now that everyone decided to add their two cents, it's not much of a surprise now, is it? :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dig the fact that it's been almost a month but peeps are still diggin' and discussing this show. Keep it coming. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mika had to literally cripple himself in order to beat Hashmal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mika was a kid who had nothing going on besides Orga telling him that they were going to "find their own place where they belong".

• Locked thread