Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
who else is ready to play through the best build game in existence?

still waiting on a source port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
that game? IT'S GOOOOOOD ayyyyyyy.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A game where playing on higher difficulty wasn't recommended for single player.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

ColoradoCleric posted:

I love the loving poo poo out of this game. on the same tier of Ultimate Doom

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Goddamn am I thirst for some blood. :drac:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm not allowed to donate blood, OP.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Thanks for reminding me that I should probably get around to donating blood soon. The drat Red Cross has been bugging me so often that I have started hanging up on them when they call.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I don't donate blood because it's bullshit that every single person involved in the chain makes money or otherwise benefits except me, the guy with all the blood. A loving scam is what it is.

Brock Hardchin
Aug 17, 2007

You don't need anyone or anything to party 'til ya puke.
As a public service, I drain the homeless. I've got seriously 100+ units of whole blood, enough to cover a lot of you guys. Don't worry about it.

EDIT: they dont accept external blood stored in ziplocs.

EDIT2: shoved the homeless blood in my rear end, but they won't needle me there. you guys are boned.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*walks into blood bank*

"I would like 20 pints of bloooood muahahahahahaha" *noticably drooling* :drac:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Thanks for reminding me that I should probably get around to donating blood soon. The drat Red Cross has been bugging me so often that I have started hanging up on them when they call.

Last year I was all filled with charity and goodwill for my fellow man on account of seeing Mad Max so many times, I went down to the local blood bank wanting to donate them a pint of my Type O Negative High Octane and they wouldn't take it because I wouldn't give them a phone number. I mean I've heard horror stories of they call you as bad as any telemarketer but you have a preexisting business relationship with them so you can't make them stop calling, but I wasn't lying, I don't actually have a phone. They wanted me to put down my landlord's number or my roommate's number, but gently caress that. So this disables them from sticking a needle in my arm and taking a free pint of goon somehow.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

scuba school sucks posted:

Last year I was all filled with charity and goodwill for my fellow man on account of seeing Mad Max so many times, I went down to the local blood bank wanting to donate them a pint of my Type O Negative High Octane and they wouldn't take it because I wouldn't give them a phone number. I mean I've heard horror stories of they call you as bad as any telemarketer but you have a preexisting business relationship with them so you can't make them stop calling, but I wasn't lying, I don't actually have a phone. They wanted me to put down my landlord's number or my roommate's number, but gently caress that. So this disables them from sticking a needle in my arm and taking a free pint of goon somehow.

I just got in a, verbal, fight with the head nurse.

That ended them ever calling me again.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"Seems my bad day... just got worse..."

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a fanmade Blood prequel mod for zdoom which is pretty good.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I think they make a couple hundred dollars off each unit of blood that gets donated.

They stack it right next to all that money for Haiti.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
There should be a charity where if you donate blood you get a copy of blood

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

I just got in a, verbal, fight with the head nurse.

That ended them ever calling me again.

how does this happen

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
"Hail to the king, baby." - Blood Guy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The most recent Doom remake was actually good

I wish now, that they make an actually good remake for these old games as well, like Blood and Shadow Warrior and poo poo, maybe a new crack at duke nukem

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I live... Again!!! What a loving awesome game

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

ColoradoCleric posted:

Fixed this for you.

Blood is seriously loving fantastic. If you want some quality (I swear) extra content for it, the other half of my company released a full-length expansion called Death Wish: http://www.moddb.com/mods/death-wish-for-blood

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Zzulu posted:

The most recent Doom remake was actually good

I wish now, that they make an actually good remake for these old games as well, like Blood and Shadow Warrior and poo poo, maybe a new crack at duke nukem

New shadow warrior was dope as poo poo and new Doom is so drat sexy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
theres a new shadow warrior? what the heck man

why did no one tell meee

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It looks pretty fun tbh, i might have to play it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ45LTOwiwg

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Donate your pizza - laden blood you goons

You get the added bonus of being a cheap date with easy intoxication afterwards

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dely Apple posted:

Donate your pizza - laden blood you goons

You get the added bonus of being a cheap date with easy intoxication afterwards

You gotta admit, they have a lot lower chance of having aids or west nile or other outdoors diseases

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

hth posted:

how does this happen

I answered that I had sex with a person, within the last six months, that I was not in a committed relationship with.

She began berating me, I said I could just come back six months after that, she continued to berate me. Then she drew my blood and I never heard from them again.

All tests from me came back clean.

I have the super human ability to piss women off, by simple fact of existing.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

ColoradoCleric posted:

Not really a source port but the closest thing to one

http://m210.duke4.net/index.php/files/viewdownload/3-eduke32/38-blood-crossmatching

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yodzilla posted:

Fixed this for you.

Blood is seriously loving fantastic. If you want some quality (I swear) extra content for it, the other half of my company released a full-length expansion called Death Wish: http://www.moddb.com/mods/death-wish-for-blood

Does it even have alternative fire?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

ColoradoCleric posted:

Seriously this is a loving crime, I mean we have two different versions of Duke3D on PC now with a third on the way but we still only have one lovely DOSBox version of Blood. I mean I love Duke Nukem 3D but we don't need two different upgraded versions.

I mean that generally-speaking, I'm still going to buy the poo poo out of 20th Anniversary World Tour when it comes out.

e: Oh wait, Megaton edition has now been discontinued and banned, sucks to all of you who didn't get to buy it before Randy Bitchford locked it down.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm happy I bought Megaton edition then,can't believe people still purchase stuff from Gearbox.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I wouldn't bother buying the 20th Anniversary thing, except supposedly they actually brought back Duke Nukem 3D's original level designers including Motherfucking Levelord to make a new campaign. The original composers of the MIDI songs are also back to make all new songs for the new campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

ColoradoCleric posted:

Does it even have alternative fire?

It's all maps, no gameplay mods so yeah go nuts with the alt-fire.

Back in the the day when I played Blood the alt-fire on the Napalm Launcher didn't exist and you couldn't akimbo Tesla Cannons. Hey eventually patched those in and they're incredible.

• Locked thread