Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

#4 is the root of the other two. Like there's no serious way you can justify #2 without saying at some point "well sure she says progressive things but I don't believe her".

Hell, it's the root of the Iraq War vote hate as well. Or do you wonder why no one gives Joe Biden poo poo for it?

Some people make the association between policy and political ideology, #4 from the left comes from the suspicion that she's ideologically a closet conservative.

Dead Cosmonaut fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

icantfindaname posted:

Hillary has a much longer record of crap than Obama did (none), plus the far-left decided to make 2016 a rebellion on general principle and to lay the complete package of grievances they've had with neoliberalism over the past 35 years on her. As for why 2016 I don't think there's a simple answer, the causes of phenomena like that are a lot more complicated. And then as for the mass of squishy vaguely left-liberal moderates who form the bulk of the party her lack of charisma is a major factor, plus the double effect of Republicans attacking her and the left boycotting her, none of which really Obama had to deal with. I think the refusal of the left to cooperate has actually hurt enthusiasm for her in the base by a lot

edit: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/02/despite-donald-trump-many-bernie-sanders-supporters-won-t-forgive-hillary-clinton.html

Obama frequently had attacks from the left. And The Daily Beast is a joke. A lot of Bernie's supporters are voting for her.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to more sweet tears from The Daily Beast next time Corbyn wins agains one of their neoliberal darlings.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

we can't all start the revolution whining from our bedrooms bro

Karl Marx did

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

So why are you opposed to them supporting Sisi? After all, he's keeping those dreaded Islamic Fundamentalists out of power too. Hell, lots of those dictators fall under that same designation.

I wouldn't toss the Muslim Brotherhood in the same lot with Al-Nusra or ISIS, unless I was trying really hard to be disingenuous.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Obama didn't give two shits about Islamists in Egypt and did it to suck Israel's dick. Remember all of the vague threats coming from the other side of the Sinai when it happened?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

So why did you list Morsi as a dictator supported by the US?

He satisfied regional US (Israeli) interests

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
computer "I'm just askin' questions" parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

hilldawg haters have a problem with every part of american politics/governance so it's all fair game

There are plenty of things wrong with our political system. Big money in politics is a big one.

• Locked thread