Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I started reading this LP and I'm sort of glad to get a Zero Escape fix after what happened to the VLR LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I hope the bad ends get more amusing and unique as we go on.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Isn't 120 degrees F like a hot shower?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

TheMcD posted:

...Having AD will only get more and more important if that happens. It seems there were people in the Chernobyl disaster who also tried to minimize the damage from the accident in an environment over 4000 mSv. It's been rumored that the mortality rate for the workers who were in that environment was 100%...
I'm probably thinking about this the wrong way, but I feel this is being vague on how long those workers lived after that event. As scary as a 100% mortality rate sounds, unless you say how long they lived for was a short time, it could have been years before they passed away.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

TheMcD posted:

Watase timidly got up and looked into the stairwell behind him. However-- no explosion had happened. Ena also got up, her eyebrows furrowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8rYotiiFP8

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I guess we're going to go through the story again with everyone on max to get the good ending.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I also wonder if the opposite is true, that putting everyone (Watase is the exception) on the bottom will get all the bad ends. Of course you would need to change everyone to the minimum when needed to keep the story going.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

Ahh so what they thought was radiation being detected on their tablets was actually these WX particles.

Particles that were vaguely mentioned in Ena's found research notes on :psyduck: research!

Also loving lol 28 degree Celsius LAKE? I live in tropical Queensland, Australia where it gets up to the mid 30's on a bad day in summer and the water in the lakes and/or open air swimming pools doesn't heat up to 28 degrees.

The gently caress is wrong with future-Japan's ecosystem that a lakes ambient temperature in their Autumn is 28 degrees.

It's because the 50 degrees Celsius water (after the water is done cooling... whatever it's cooling) is being pumped back into the lake.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 13, 2016

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

jaclynhyde posted:

B1, because I'd rather see the loose ends of this route finished while it's still fresh in our minds.

I agree with this sentiment, although I'm going to vote for B2 in this case.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Good job, Watase. :downsbravo:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How long has Kazami been a rescue worker? Cause if she's worn that locket for a long time, then how do events tie together?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Thanks for all the updates you've been putting out these last couple of days.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'll go for Top for both as well.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm getting some major VLR vibes now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

TheMcD posted:

I told you, the Uchikoshi brain parasites are real. They got to Kodaka, and they got to Nakazawa just as well.

I don't know who Kodaka is and looking at the other names didn't yield anything, though I did learn about the anime Uchikoshi wrote for and that it was batshit insane.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

After several weeks and dozens of updates I've finally caught up. I gotta say, TheMcD, you work fast.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Before I'm doing my voting I'm refreshing myself on Route A, and during that I reread the friendship scene where we learn that Kazami and Watase used to date. In it, she said that she and Watase were very similar. I'm starting to wonder how similar she is to Watase before he was mind-crushed.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

I'll put the LP at 6 just because I am comparing it to RPG Maker vampire shenanigans (8) and weird knockoff Indiana Jones adventure games (7).
I like your reasoning and vote this LP a 6 as well. As for the rest of my votes:

8 - Jun Moribe: She's very trustworthy and likable.

7 - Kazami Tachibana: She's competent and helpful.

6 - Louise Yui Sannomiya: She's cute, dependable, and kick all kinds of rear end. She isn't higher because I'm confused as to whether or not she can use BC. I mean, on one path she says she has no aptitude for it, yet in Route After it's implying that she's the source of the radiation that may or may not be BC. I might be forgetting a few details.

5 - Watase Kasasagi: I like him more as a protagonist than the other guy, but his actions as a terrorist knock him down. Also, seeing him go through that many bad ends makes me like him less.

4 - Yuuri Kotono: She hasn't done anything that makes me dislike her, but she's perhaps the most mysterious character in the cast and I don't know if I can trust her.

3 - Mashiro Toba: I didn't like her too much due to playing along with Natsuhiko's fantasy, but her caring nature shows that she can be trusted.

2 - Ena Tsubakiyama: While she's a caring teacher to her students, she didn't really help too much. Also, how did she get inside LABO? That's rather suspicious.

1 - Natsuhiko Tenkawa: I didn't like him as a protagonist and his issues should have been resolved years ago.

0 - Keiji Ukita: Has been suspicious and/or a hindrance to our protagonists since he first appeared.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

I can't wait for the dolphin cryptographer to have to hack Watase's brain.

Hey, I understand that reference!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder if Natsuhiko will... for lack of a better word, "possess" other people during this route.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Logicblade posted:

Oh boy oh boy, look at all the potential bad ends we can get. :D

I wonder who will act the dumbest and cause the most deaths: Watase or Natsuhiko?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Did they make up that quote or did they get it from somewhere?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Oh, I missed that. Thanks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It just occurred to me, but what if Ena is an agent of LABO sent to keep watch over Natsuhiko?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder when they will go into discussing the Morphogenetic Field and reveal the 4th ability: the ability to communicate across time.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Oh man, this is getting intense!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wow are Wataru's eyes blue.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

CirclMastr posted:

5. Watase will sacrifice himself to get rid of bomb somehow.

I got it! He'll take the bomb to the end of the drainage pipe, far away enough from LABO where it won't kill anyone else.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

SSNeoman posted:

I felt like Route Before relied way too much railroading. I didn't like how the game sort of forces you to be amicable with Salyu. We knew the character for all of a day, but the game's like "DO YOU TRUST THEM???" Uhhh...no? Gimme a bit more time to get to know her drat. Like if they game you that SSS choice after you found out about her problem, it would be way more fluid and then Natsuhiko would look like he had trust issues if he refused. And the entire route has false choices like this. It's very amateur hour VN mechanics, even if it has plot reasons.

Isn't it suppose to seem really forced? I thought Yuuri trying to manipulate Natsuhiko into trusting Salyu.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Junpei posted:

So Jun goes for musical references in her parts. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction is a Rolling Stones song, and Holding Out for a Hero is a song from Footloose.

You know, that, combined with Odyssey in the Sky with Denpa being a reference to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, and the Pulp Fiction Bible quote, this Japanese game makes a lot of American pop culture references.

I wonder how much of that is the localization.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder what kind of strings Miyoko pulled to let Salyu out of LABO.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Natsuhiko became the worst. Again.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I forget, did Watase and Ena have a thing together one time?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That is one hell of a coincidence.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That reminds me, did Jun ever figure out that Watase was the one who saved her?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Is muscle memory stored in the brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'd like to see more vampires.

• Locked thread