Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ProfessorProf posted:

No, I think this isn't far off. In the first update, Watase made a comment about his body not feeling like his.

This can be put down as a case of Disassociation due to trauma (usually it's childhood stuff but it's been recorded in adults who have panic attacks) though that doesn't rule out any other crazy anime reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Gridlocked posted:

Can we set Ena to 10 now please? I'm intimidated by her gun.
Looks like it's either a 9mm or .45 ACP caliber gun if vidjagames taught me anything about vidjagame guns.

The only pistols I'm intimidated by in games are Deagle-brand Deagle's and Master Chief's pistol from Halo 1 :colbert:
also the noisy cricket but that's a movie gun.

Danaru posted:

The little girl might have been killed by a handgun, though, so she's not completely off the suspicion list.

According to Watase she was:

TheMcD posted:

The end of: 09/16/2030, 12:11

(...)

Everyone just stared at the body of this girl who no one knew-- and who'd never even come up once up until this point. A hole had been pierced through her stomach.

(... A gunshot wound...!)

The blood that'd poured out of it had already dried up into a dark color. She had undoubtedly been murdered. But -when- that happened was something that no one knew. (...)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Huh.
All of this heavy stuff going down and all I can think about is that the number of bullets left in that gun's magazine will come into play later.

11 plus a minimum of 2 in order to get through the door means it's got at least a magazine size of 12 (assuming whoever owns that gun knows about sticking one in the chamber.) Judging by it's size I'd say it's probably a maximum of 14 since it doesn't appear to be an extended magazine.

Which leaves enough missing bullets to make it the murder weapon of that kid and this Yuuri :shepicide:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Ena was to be expected. Doc has the gun, Jun the bullets and her the magazine. Two versus one to get a fully functional gun.

Ghost reactor seems a lot more likely now too :iiam:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

This assumes the Watase now is the same Watase as then. I'm not sure of that yet. :tinfoil:

Probably not. My Pet theory's becoming that this whole thing is a giant test that's gone unexpected places. Previous Watase was in on it and isn't actually a fire rescue worker, he's a security person for LABO (would explain the CQC training and lack of gun training, especially since this is japanese.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Nthing B2 here. Not a lot of new information to be had but whatever new information will probably be more relevant now than later.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Watase's Head A Splode.

Also that sort of confirms that Yuuri is a BC candidate.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Brutal :stare:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Oh, so that's where the fire extinguisher bomb came from.

It was there the entire time :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

So, Salyu was at the crash too.

I'm beginning to think she's the cause of all of this because of revenge/hate.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

OddHaberdasher posted:

I'm just going to point out that at this time, the only member of the cast that has not gotten into a potentially fatal accident (whether nine years ago, Before or After) is, if my date-fu is correct, Salyu as she was brought in after the fire nine years ago. She is also an extraordinarily proficient rear end-kicker. The obvious conclusion is that, as the only character that is not a ghost, she has the advantage in physical combat.

Except against 'whoops I accidental-lied your head into paste' Watase. Even for her it took a good 3-5 fire axe swings to finally take him down :stare:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

OddHaberdasher posted:

Your explanation is merely refreshingly soap opera.

What is glossed over is that she attempted to kill Ukita by using her psychic powers to convince the car to crash. Not Ukita to crash the car, but for the car to crash itself.

Anime quota reached :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

TheMcD posted:

It's not quite that batshit once you do take the anime into account. Like, looking at all the poo poo Salyu has pulled off, she's a surprisingly rational choice for bodyguard if you are familiar with her - which Miyoko seems to be. She blends in like just another student, and she can murder with the best of them, taking on rescue squad members, people with guns - she only falls to a rescue squad captain whose extracurricular activities are questionable as all hell and might have received extra combat training.

Said combat training which seems to be making people's heads explode via lack of physical restraint. I mean, does he even have a move that doesn't result in that!?

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Mom is the worst character so far. She's the most suspicious one! This ghost reactor business is her fault, mark my words.

For maximum Anime, Mom is from the future and the ghost reactor is for Natsuhiko because of what happened.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

So the stuffed animal is possessed by a ghost, you say?

Yuuri may also be a spirit guide from the way she's going on.

Double the ghost, become a host Natsuhiko!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Danaru posted:

So it's like a Kojima thing :v:

"Information for energy huh? What if we fueled a town with a psychic reactor? Just toss some psychics in there and we're good."

Oh jeez what if the fire Kazami's sister died in was actually something like that :saddowns: Like a psychic short circuit

And now with Information for mass?

Yuuki is a solid ghost :stonk:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

TheMcD posted:

That's the thing though - that's exactly why Natsuhiko is wrong in his mindset. His mindset is to place safety above everything, but that means not getting involved with that situation. And not getting involved in the situation means that Mashiro is going to die because she's way in over her head. Mashiro needs him now, and Natsuhiko isn't seeing that. That's what Yuuri wants to get through to him - there are people that need him other than her, but he's rejecting them all in favor of her.
And considering what we found in the stairwell on the other route :v:

Also he's being a giant wet blanket about being safe and Yuuri's right: what he perceives as growth is stagnation. You don't grow by avoiding problems you grow by solving them. A more proactive Natsuhiko might have made plans with Mashiro or correctly told her she was being really dumb about this without having her go 'THEN I'LL JUST DO IT BY MYSELF!'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

DANGIT MASHIRO this is not like your animes you cannot go back in time and save Natsuhiko from whatever it is that made him shut off his BC stuff only Yuuri can do that and it's not even actual time travel also she is a ghost.

Good on you for exercise though!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

asymmetrical posted:

Also, of course Salyu can hack a security camera with her magical girl animal sidekick. Someone deep in the police force's headquarters is analyzing security footage and going, "Zoom. Enhance."

And cursing as he notices that Salyu has the prototype W.E.A.S.E.L.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Glazius posted:

A goddamn panopticon, yeah. And yet, somehow, this disaster still happens. It makes you wonder if it was planned.

'Begin Terrorist Test A2, we'll use the High School as the control group.'
'Sir some students are mucking about the LABO facility!'
'Apprehend them! We cannot allow them to ruin the test!'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Haifisch posted:

I was hesistant to jump on the 'Yuuri is a ghost' train, but now I'm 100% on it. :10bux: says the photo seems 'off' because Yuuri's supposed to be in it alongside Natsuhiko, but the camera obviously couldn't capture ghosts.

The new question is how long has she been a ghost? From being unable to leave the house ever since that time that's been hinted at constantly I'm thinking she might be a stronger ghost than we've all been led to believe :stare:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

It also serves as a weird explanation for why his BC was rather broken after that incident, since his whole mental state was off kilter.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Mister Olympus posted:

I mean under this theory, Watase physically is just squirting AD into thin air while miming out injecting it into Yuuri because she's made of information/energy--she just has the look and feel of reality.

And yeah, I imagine it's either "Natsuhiko is just that much of a chosen one, bringing balance to the Force" or "all the ghosts leaking out of the reactor keep the Yuuri projection stable"

Hold on, BC particles are a physical thing. So a physical hallucination isn't exactly impossible :psyduck:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

LP: 7: A pretty insane update schedule and tons of content, both which are good (for the game) and bad (for potential discussion.) But since the latter isn't something that can really be controlled/done it's still pretty good.

As for the characters...

Jun Moribe: 8. Jun is a bro sis Bro as ordained by Brosidon Lord of the Brocean. Is very consistent about this.

Ena Tsubakiyama: 7. Good Teach is Good and also knows how to handle a gun so is probably a secret agent or something I don't know, Teach is cool.

Louise Yui Sannomiya: 6. Crazy Strong and Action Oriented, but she has a little too much going for her. Alice being a tool to help her with being emotionally shut down? Ok. It also being a weasel? Ok. It being able to hack all of the gibsons with a simple voice command? Uhhhhhh.

Watase Kasasagi: 5. Is a pretty ok dude when he's not a terrorist. Also the second-deadliest person in the cast aside from Salyu. Sticks in my mind as 'Whoops I accidentally your head asplode Watase' for all of the bad ends where that happens :allears:

Natsuhiko Tenkawa: 4. Once he stopped being a wishy-washy layabout he got pretty good and his thoughts and actions make sense (even if the game is like 'NO YOU MUST BE THE PROTAGONIST BECAUSE'.)

Mashiro Toba: 3. While her heart is in the right place her head isn't. I mean sure, go ahead and enable Natsuhiko to keep his brain from breaking itself before he can handle it, but terrorists? By yourself? This ain't your animes gal! And then there's the whole 'all of my character portraits must have my right finger extended in some fashion!' The first thing I thought of when she hurt her finger was 'OH NO WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT MY FINGER!?'

Yuuri Kotono: 2. Are you a ghost? Are you a girl!? GASP! A GIRL GHOST! With girly ghosty cooties.

Kazami Tachibana: 1. Watase's ex-girlfriend. Uh, I had to remind myself who she was aside from this, so this isn't an indication of dislike but of lack of staying power.

Keiji Ukita: 0. He's in too deep at all levels of this and has repeatedly displayed preference for LABO over people's lives. Hint: people make organizations.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 25, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Time to back seat drive Natsuhiko while he Back Seat Drive's Watase.

SHUT UP BACK SEAT DRIVER I'M WATCHING AN LP!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

No wonder Watase had so many deaths in the first go around, getting his memories/mind yanked around like that.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Plus it makes sense for Natsuhiko to be ruthless with Watase considering how Terrorist Watase 'played' with shooting Natsuhiko.

My intuition tells me that Watase and that girl in the mirror were something of a parallel to Natsuhiko and his Mom: Watase the researcher, the girl a relative and valid test subject. AND THEN THINGS WENT WRONG.

As for where Salyu is from, she says she's from france, knows many combat styles and has problems with emotions... :stonk: Les Enfant Terrible!? :stonk:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder who will act the dumbest and cause the most deaths: Watase or Natsuhiko?

The next question after this is 'How many of Watase's deaths are going to involve his patented 'whoops your head a splode' wrestling moves?'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Oh man Ukita, you done messed up. Now the Watase-mania's coming for you and not even the Undertaker will save your soul!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Uh, Natsuhiko. I think you forgot to tell Mashiro something.

It's kind of important.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Pushing the boundries of BC! FOR SCIENCE :science:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

So it does look like Terrorist Watase got rage virused at some point during the raid.

And Yuuri probably isn't the Rage Virus-er.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Coming soon to a theatre near you: Natushiko with a Gun vs. WATASEMANIA! :black101:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

So all that implied that Q killed Watase's everyone.

... Why in the world is he working with them now?

I suspect the answer will disappoint me.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Oh no! The Brulee Organization! Watch out for the pudding Watase that's how they get you!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Given the static in the memories, I'm taking approximately zero of this at face value.

Floral scent too. Crazy theory time: not only is Q the name of the Organization, but also the designation of the communicator that causes the rage virus (who is a nihilist thanks to horrible BC experimentation.)

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 30, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

ICH BEN EIN BERLINER!

Now if only the update was written in Jelly Donut :(

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

It's fairly obvious that wiping memories is only going to stave off the inevitable (even so it's rather tempting because WATASEMANIA) so let's Favor Watase.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

My only gripe with it is that oh my goodness that is a lot of text to tutorialize us on at once.

Nothing really new so far from the real memories since we had already figured out that the Rage Virus was making things MORE RAGE and that the truth would be significantly less rage.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

GHOST RAGE VIRUS!

Everything here does make a lick of sense. Two communicators are better than one!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

LucyWanabe posted:

Watase. We've been told several times already that messing with someone's mind too much can seriously gently caress them up. With the amount of fuckery Watase has already been through, I'd be afraid of anything more being the straw that broke the camel's back.

Also, seriously Natsuhiko, you might want to pull back for a minute and think. Wanting to deal with your problems using memory erasing and manipulation is a slippery slope that could turn you into something like N.

Pretty much this. If it turns out that Q just wants her to do their own crazy Communicator experiments then Natsuhiko can go 'dangit Watase with these methods Q is no different than LABO!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

WATASEMANIA: 1
That's what you get for bringing a teacher into the ring Ukita! :black101:

Definitely favoring Ukita here. We need to save up our N resistance for potential Teach problems in the future. She's the only one more mysterious than Double Agent Doctor here.

• Locked thread