Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
I fermented some rum in my closet out of Arizona Ice Tea and some poo poo I bought at the supermarket and it actually tastes pretty good???

It's got a bit of an aftertaste but it's better than all the other trash wines I've made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

made some Bailey's Irish Cream out of cigarette butts and stale Dr. Pepper, it has a bit of a spicy kick but I think I know what I'm giving as Christmas presents this year

ty nesamdoom!

shwa

Manifisto posted:

made some Bailey's Irish Cream out of cigarette butts and stale Dr. Pepper, it has a bit of a spicy kick but I think I know what I'm giving as Christmas presents this year

What's the alcohol content on that?

Manifisto

[me, eyeing roommate about to discard half-empty bottle of expired clam juice]: uh, you're not just gonna throw that away, are you?

ty nesamdoom!

shwa

Honestly the fact that you can ferment almost anything with just some yeast and sugar is almost too much power

City of Glompton

I love absinthe so when I found last year's bottle of Nyquil while cleaning out my medicine cabinet, my next move was a no-brainer. I distilled those syrupy remains and spent the rest of the day in pretending to be a dead artist.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

shwa, having finished the last pickle, looks mournfully at the liquid remaining in the jar, and then the nearby carton of moo shoo chicken leftovers that apparently nobody was ever going to eat. suddenly, her eyes light up

ty nesamdoom!

shwa

Manifisto posted:

shwa, having finished the last pickle, looks mournfully at the liquid remaining in the jar, and then the nearby carton of moo shoo chicken leftovers that apparently nobody was ever going to eat. suddenly, her eyes light up

Are you spying on me or something?

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

I love absinthe so when I found last year's bottle of Nyquil while cleaning out my medicine cabinet, my next move was a no-brainer. I distilled those syrupy remains and spent the rest of the day in pretending to be a dead artist.

great tip! only works with the green nyquil however. the red nyquil becomes cinnamon schnapps.

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

archimedes: (getting into bath tub and seeing bits of his bodily filth floating around that surely have some fermentable sugar content) eureka!!

google THIS

one time i accidentally left a chocolate malt on a windowsill during the height of summer and a few weeks later? best stout you've ever had

shwa

google THIS posted:

one time i accidentally left a chocolate malt on a windowsill during the height of summer and a few weeks later? best stout you've ever had

This usually happens because people making the mistake of covering household objects in yeast and forgetting about them

City of Glompton

shwa posted:

This usually happens because people making the mistake of covering household objects in yeast and forgetting about them

it reminds me of my tragic baking accident wherein I used my iPad to look up a recipe, had a couple clumsy spills that I neglected to clean, and ended up with an iPa.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

City of Glompton posted:

it reminds me of my tragic baking accident wherein I used my iPad to look up a recipe, had a couple clumsy spills that I neglected to clean, and ended up with an iPa.

sounds a lot like my failed attempts to make hard apple cider

Manifisto

shwa posted:

Honestly the fact that you can ferment almost anything with just some yeast and sugar is almost too much power

little did Larry Lactobacillus suspect that his late-night carelessness with some yeast and honey would end with such tragedy - in which the young man fermented himself

thus depriving the world of a rising mead-making star, but giving us instead

THE FERMENTATOR

e: poo poo, just a couple of seconds after hitting "post" and I'm already being sued by Marvel

ty nesamdoom!

Darkman Fanpage

google THIS posted:

archimedes: (getting into bath tub and seeing bits of his bodily filth floating around that surely have some fermentable sugar content) eureka!!

then he ran around town naked and drunk

bacalou

in a way we are the yeast fermenting earth into a tasty drink

bacalou

the last human being rises from their slumber aboard the last remaining ship, all others having succumbed to the corrosive soup that has covered earth entirely. the human holds a ladle down into the liquid and appraises it's bouquet before draining the draught in a mighty swig. "not bad" they say, before the mixture converts them and their boat into ash, finally completing the home brewing experiment god started all those years ago.

bacalou

cask = place for wines

casket = place for winos

i think we've been going about this burial business all wrong. why lay still when you can distill?

bacalou

if dairy ferments into cheese and non-dairy ferments into alcohol, what does non-dairy creamer ferment into?! what does easy cheese ferment into?! i have questions

Macnult

bacalou posted:

cask = place for wines

casket = place for winos

i think we've been going about this burial business all wrong. why lay still when you can distill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhauk

shwa posted:

I fermented some rum in my closet out of Arizona Ice Tea and some poo poo I bought at the supermarket and it actually tastes pretty good???

It's got a bit of an aftertaste but it's better than all the other trash wines I've made.

that's interesting

• Locked thread