Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite 'Dilbert' Character
This poll is closed.
Dilbert 0 0%
Walbert 0 0%
Pointy-Haired Bossbert 0 0%
Alicebert 1 50.00%
Loud 'Goku' Howard 1 50.00%
Total: 2 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

So the dude that works the late shift recently quit to go die quietly in the california desert. Now I am working two jobs, equally half-assed.

I'm starting work at 10 AM and going to 4 PM, then taking the train home, watching jeopardy and crying a little. I get to pick up working at 7 and rolling on through to Midnight.

I want to kill myself but I know that is against the will of Allah. Does anyone have any tips on working split shifts? I'm a disaffected IT employee who looks and acts exactly like Wally from Dilbert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
get a real job you hippy-dippy freakass!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

get a real job you hippy-dippy freakass!

but then who will convert all this coffee into piss?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
If you're so meek that you agreed to that in the first place there's not much help GBS is going to be able to give you really :(

Tell your boss he needs to hire someone or give you a raise. Don't threaten to leave, just quietly start putting the resume out there in case he doesn't deliver.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
When I was a waiter in high school I had a split shift almost every day. 10-3 5-close. It sucked but at least they gave us free lunch in the two hours we were not getting paid. It was always really good too.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Long hours at the toilet store. :smith:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
That sounds like a nightmare, do you at least get to do the second part of your shift from home or do you actually have to commute twice a day now

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dial-a-Dog posted:

That sounds like a nightmare, do you at least get to do the second part of your shift from home or do you actually have to commute twice a day now

oh no i have to drive twice! get a grip you pansy assed princess

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Dunno why this isn't obvious but smoke weed between shits

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

hth posted:

but then who will convert all this coffee into piss?

me. I will do it. I am will to bear this burden.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Enfield posted:

oh no i have to drive twice! get a grip you pansy assed princess

I get to work from home when I want to so the idea of driving even once is to much for me sometimes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wow what's he dying from you insensitive prick? And maybe get a non janitorial position hth. Hth.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Wow what's he dying from you insensitive prick? And maybe get a non janitorial position hth. Hth.

It's IT work so I'm guessing alcoholism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

we get boat we get go posted:

It's IT work so I'm guessing alcoholism.

actually

tap my mountain posted:

Dunno why this isn't obvious but smoke weed between shits

• Locked thread