Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kyro posted:

Are there any active goon guilds to join on Xbox NA server?

Not to my knowledge. But I'm in a halfway decent pub guild that is fairly active. I can get you in if you'd like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

Error 404 posted:

Not to my knowledge. But I'm in a halfway decent pub guild that is fairly active. I can get you in if you'd like?

Yes please. I’m Kyro4458 ig

I’ve played ESO off and on since Morrowind, but the only guild action I’ve ever done much of was cyrodiil
I’d like to do some trials if your guild does those

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kyro posted:

Yes please. I’m Kyro4458 ig

I’ve played ESO off and on since Morrowind, but the only guild action I’ve ever done much of was cyrodiil
I’d like to do some trials if your guild does those

Coolness.

I'll shoot you a friend request when I get home in the morning

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kyro posted:

Are there any active goon guilds to join on Xbox NA server?

I'd recommend using the guild finder, and joining upto 5 guilds at a time that sound like they fit your playstyle. Leave any guilds you dont mesh with after a bit, then find new ones. People are usually pretty nice!

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

Pontificating rear end posted:

I'd recommend using the guild finder, and joining upto 5 guilds at a time that sound like they fit your playstyle. Leave any guilds you dont mesh with after a bit, then find new ones. People are usually pretty nice!

You’re right, but I’m mostly wanting to avoid being on a mic in trials or cyrodiil with kids &etc. The public groups on Xbox are too annoying to really consider, plus the last time I tried trials the team fell flat early on

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Kyro posted:

You’re right, but I’m mostly wanting to avoid being on a mic in trials or cyrodiil with kids &etc. The public groups on Xbox are too annoying to really consider, plus the last time I tried trials the team fell flat early on

There's bound to be console players who wanna do the same thing, just check the guild motd and you can tell if it's a mature community. I havent done trials or arenas because I figure it needs a minimum of communication. One of my guilds sometimes sends mail that there's going to be a trial anyone can join where discord is optional. I'll probably join a guild who aims to do those things without needing voice chat, but there's always a chance you meet people you actually want to talk to.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What is the addon that adds blue map pings everywhere?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I just had a cute moment running into a stranger in the same outfit as me.

I was on my bank alt "Dremora Caitlin" who wears the seducer outfit dyed bright purple, and happened across a random guy also wearing that outfit dyed the same purple. We cheered and did some emotes at each other for a minute.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I just had a cute moment running into a stranger in the same outfit as me.

I was on my bank alt "Dremora Caitlin" who wears the seducer outfit dyed bright purple, and happened across a random guy also wearing that outfit dyed the same purple. We cheered and did some emotes at each other for a minute.

Those are both awesome looking!

I need to get more colorful with my outfits.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

lol they had a countdown for the countdown to start for their 2024 reveal.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Scribing system seems kinda bland on first look, honestly. The Housing thing they're teasing might be increased furnishing limits so that's pretty neat for the housing gamers.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Synthwave Crusader posted:

Scribing system seems kinda bland on first look, honestly. The Housing thing they're teasing might be increased furnishing limits so that's pretty neat for the housing gamers.

Increased furnishing limits or furniture bag! I'd love a furniture bag.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

As usual if you aren't exited about the chapter they go on a deep sale during an autumn event.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

So is Scribing like new skills with associated new morphs for existing skill lines, or how do they work? I read the official summary but thought it was a bit vague.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013

Comrade Koba posted:

So is Scribing like new skills with associated new morphs for existing skill lines, or how do they work? I read the official summary but thought it was a bit vague.

From what I can gather some (most?) combat skill lines will have a new skill that can be customised with stuff like what type of damage it deals, what stat it uses, and any buffs it gives. They haven't really said how you get the customizable skils or the modifiers for them yet.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So just wait until the meta-game lords spreadsheet out *THE* skill to use for your role and then copy and paste to your character? So immersive!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you don't have wait for that at all actually.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So uh, I have about 14,000 Crowns for ESO PC that I'm looking to get rid of. If anyone has anything they are interested in getting from the Crown Store without actually buying Crowns themselves, feel free to either message me here or on discord (ID: synthwave.crusader) and we can discuss how to make the transaction.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

IDK if this is a bug or something but none of my characters can buy repair kits from merchants any more. I thought it might have been some kind of level-related thing with my main but today I checked with several other alts and its like repair kits don't exist unless I get them as rewards. Something with the last update might have gone wrong with my save?

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I've been spending a lot of time in Wrothgar during the event, so have been tossing spare Briarheart pieces in the guild bank in case anyone needs them as it's a decent set for a lot of builds.

If anyone is looking for a specific gear piece from any of the event zone sets (Sithis, Briarheart, Pariah, Trinimac, Flanking, Minotaur, and uhh the Hew's Bane sets that I can't remember off the top of my head), say so and post your in-game @ and I'll send it your way if it drops rather than decon or sell.

ewe2 posted:

IDK if this is a bug or something but none of my characters can buy repair kits from merchants any more. I thought it might have been some kind of level-related thing with my main but today I checked with several other alts and its like repair kits don't exist unless I get them as rewards. Something with the last update might have gone wrong with my save?

I can find repair kits on the NPCs specifically tagged [Merchant] and am able to purchase with no issue. For example, the wandering merchants on overland, or in Outlaw Refuges. No other NPCs will have them, though. Can't remember if it's always been like that or if they used to be more widely available since I took like 6 months off and only recently came back...

If even those merchants don't have them for you, I don't know. Not sure if a buggy add-on could break something like that, maybe?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ewe2 posted:

Are you on PC NA? What's your ingame ID?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

noveria posted:

I can find repair kits on the NPCs specifically tagged [Merchant] and am able to purchase with no issue. For example, the wandering merchants on overland, or in Outlaw Refuges. No other NPCs will have them, though. Can't remember if it's always been like that or if they used to be more widely available since I took like 6 months off and only recently came back...

If even those merchants don't have them for you, I don't know. Not sure if a buggy add-on could break something like that, maybe?

That's what I thought of at first, I used to get kits from just about everyone but maybe that was a bug they patched, I finally found specific merchants that do sell them but I thought I was going crazy for a while, nobody had them.

Also if you have any spare Onix Accent Stones feel free to send them my way at the ID below :toot: (i have killed Wrothgar bosses, but everyone snarfs them before i get to them)

sorry for late reply, yes and @ewe2

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

holy crap thanks dude! that will do me for a while :unsmith:

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

What classes are fun right now and/or good for pvp? I have my Sorc up to CP 480, but I have yet to level anything else to 50. I was thinking DK or NB to change my play style up

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Coming back after a break since update 35ish and every time I log out I get an unexpected error that occurs that takes 10-15 minutes to clear. Does this happen to anyone else?

Accidentally hit logout or quit from the character select menu and it seems like it locks me out for a good 10 minutes.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
@Kyro, I play around with new characters a lot but seem to always come back to my DK. Most fun character class IMO.

@Mr Newsman, that’s odd and I’m not experiencing it at all on EU PC (and I’m logging in and out of characters a lot, I’m still getting 5 characters all horsed up right now). Sorry I can’t help any further!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Newsman posted:

Coming back after a break since update 35ish and every time I log out I get an unexpected error that occurs that takes 10-15 minutes to clear. Does this happen to anyone else?

Accidentally hit logout or quit from the character select menu and it seems like it locks me out for a good 10 minutes.

Nope. Maybe make sure you're all patched up?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Mr Newsman posted:

I haven't had it happen every time I logged out, but I know a bunch of people EU side it's been happening to this week. Yesterday it happened at the last boss of falkreath hold around three times while I was finishing my stickerbook.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Offkorn posted:

Ran into someone in a daily battlegrounds match (a stealth build of some kind) that could reduce their opponent's Max HP to like 20% for 5+ seconds. Needless to say if you couldn't kill them before they hit you with whatever it was that did that, you were dead (and they used it against multiple players in quick succession).

Anyone know what it was? Basic google searching isn't turning up much beyond Glyphs of Decrease Health.

So I dedicated my ESO career to solving this, though I dont do much PVP, I believe this is from Minor Mangle causing you to lose 10% max HP- the effect of the HP bar shrinking over-represents the amount your HP shrunk. Any bleed damage attack can proc Hemorrhaging status which applies Minor Mangle and bleed damage for 4s. Presumably on the first hit if bleed is applied you could lose 10% HP right off the bat and get hit for some large chunk of damage at the same time.

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 12, 2024

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Anyone got recs on favorite builds for blasting Vateshran Hollows? Want to go reasonably fast to get the sword/shield and only have one Veteran clear under my belt evidently.

Not sure what's the play here anymore. Used sorc for maelstrom before the perfected weapons arrived. Have all classes at 50 except arcanist. DK is really poorly skilled. Oakensoul or pale order are owned.

Guessing magsorc is still the solid way to go for soloing these? Might just blow through on normal to get what I want without having to worry about paying attention.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Double posting.

Did Vet VHA last night with my one bar Templar from pre update 35. Deadly strikes and War Maidens (dual daggers) with slimecraw helm. Second run ever and was able to do it in 1:30 or so.

Final boss took like 30-40 mins of attempts and a lot of dumb deaths while I remembered and figured out the mechanics from my first clear a long time ago.

Was hard because I didn't do enough DPS to really skip mechanics but also was doing too much DPS to go slow. Need practice for sure but can probably update the build. Felt like I got clobbered due to not having enough (any) defense skills, so can optimize this a bit more.

Might try and get my arcanist up and clearing before March 11th since it seems like they're incredibly broken with shield gen right now and it'd be fun to get a few runs in there.

Someone posted a 17 minute vet clear on the subreddit recently which seems fun in a broken way

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 14, 2024

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Does anyone know, if you were to cast a damage-over-time spell on an enemy, then buffed your spell damage-- would the damage ticks start to do damage based on your new spell damage, or is it based on the rating when you first casted it?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I believe they used to snapshot on cast, but things have been changed under the hood to where that is no longer the case.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

Is House Awful active much?

Helluva fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 16, 2024

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

There's a surprise crafting event going now.

+100% Inspiration gain to all crafting skill lines
+100% Writ Vouchers earned from Master Writs created during the event
Increased drops from harvest nodes (this does not include fishing or creature drops such as leather)
50% reduction in Transmute Crystal costs for changing item traits (requires a Transmute Station, found in the Clockwork City DLC game pack or available for player homes)
Increased chance of receiving improvement materials such as Tempering Alloy or Mastic when deconstructing equipment of an appropriate rarity

I also got some writ vouchers from completing my crafting dailies.

Helluva
Feb 7, 2011

House Awful seems to be dead, any EU goons around who could help me get started?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Mr Newsman posted:

Anyone got recs on favorite builds for blasting Vateshran Hollows? Want to go reasonably fast to get the sword/shield and only have one Veteran clear under my belt evidently.

Not sure what's the play here anymore. Used sorc for maelstrom before the perfected weapons arrived. Have all classes at 50 except arcanist. DK is really poorly skilled. Oakensoul or pale order are owned.

Guessing magsorc is still the solid way to go for soloing these? Might just blow through on normal to get what I want without having to worry about paying attention.

The immortal warden build is pretty good for solo arenas.

https://www.thegameroom.tv/warden-builds

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
That looks fun - will have to give it a shot.

Did end up starting and getting an arcanist almost up and running.

The flail morph that generates a shield isn't currently capped so with the red CP that buffs shield gen you can get some pretty large shields.

This is going to be capped on the 11th but it's been fun trying to get the character up and running before it gets adjusted.

Haven't run vVH yet through it's entirety but did get through the first 2 arenas pretty easily and got stuck on the third (green boss with the platforms) because I was having a hard time doing mechanics on my steam deck.

Gonna give it another shot here soon. Still leveling skill lines. Also was trying to knock out Velothis mythic. Everything but the Scriveners lead now.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 21, 2024

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Alright. Set out to farm vVH for the void bash set a whole ago. Considered doing it on normal to just fill out the sticker book ASAP but decided to see if I could nab the spirit slayer trifecta achievement while I was knocking this out.

Many runs later and Void bash was the only thing left. Really appreciate curated drops. Though I didn't realize it was probably going to take 4 runs to get all the weaps since the shield seems to drop each time. Two more runs to go.

Nabbed the achievement last night too. Was doing 5-7 deaths per run just because my build is pretty frail. But last run of the night everything just went my way I guess.

Arcanist with deadly/nirn/Velothi and 1pc ice heart since I had this in heavy and was trying to be slightly tankier. Flail and beam are wild.

Edit: time was just under 27 minutes. Was averaging somewhere between 32-38 mins for my other runs.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Some solid March login rewards.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65635

A bunch of crates, 500 seals, Orsinium DLC in day 2, pet and mount...

If you complete some achievements for Orsinium (world bosses I think) you can claim some stuff in the crown store too.