Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Fried Sushi posted:

New furniture crafting system for crafters to furnish their house and SELL the furniture they can make

This I like. If they get anywhere even remotely near to what Everquest 2 has, housing in ESO is gonna own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Info for EU goons
We've got a small defunct-ish guild from back in the days on Ebonheart Pact; House Awful. We don't do any progression stuff or PVP, we don't have a guild trader, hell I don't think we've even got one of those fancy tabards, but if you want to chill we're the place for that. Also it would be nice to have more people around so we may be able to do any of the stuff we don't do.

If you want in, remember to specify in your post that you're on the EU server.

I'm playing this a month or maybe two at least, what do you need to invite me to your dead gay guild? Account name is @fewd

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Potatoman posted:

Is the EU guild still a thing?

Well, it exists. Is it a thing? Probably not. It's a dead thing? If that counts.

If you want invite, just leave your name here.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Do I miss out on anything specific if I don't buy the latest expansion? I don't really care about high elves or their island and I assume any game mechanics added with the expansion are in the game even without buying it?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

drat. Well, thanks.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Any EU goons still playing? I hang out with the sweetroll crusaders guild who seem pretty chill, but I wouldn't playing with goons for a bit.

If you mean anything organized on euroserver then no, House Awful is pretty dead.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Fruits of the sea posted:

Is there an EU guild? I’m just doing newbie story stuff right now but could be cool to run dungeons or whatever it is folks do in this game.

House Awful, but it's dead.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Thanks! What classes are good at tanking- seems like Dragonknight is the go to but im not into the flashy fire aesthetic- are warden or nightblade usable?

I've played DK and Necro tanks and while I overall like the DK toolset more, Necro has a massively sweet AoE resurrect I really miss.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

I've just done some basic dungeons while leveling, but I don't really feel like I have a good grasp of tanking- partly because I don't know how much of it is just blocking vs trying to attack and also everything feels like its so easy that it doesn't really matter. Does it get more interesting later on?

In normal dungeons and overworld content? Definitely no, as everything has been nerfed to the ground difficulty-wise. Other than that tank is imo the "busiest" of archetypes when grouping. Taunting correct mobs in a heap of them, piling trash, lots of debuffs, buffs and healing to upkeep, not loving up and dying, not loving up and wiping everyone else with your positioning. Yeah, busy enough for me at least.

e: Well, there are a few wb's and certain harrowstorms where people appreciate a tank even overworld. Generally they're not exactly challenging though.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Ran normal Maelstrom again today. Dropped FOUR weapons. So if you still need yours, this is the event to grind it.

I just wish it didn't take me like 50 loving minutes. I had a couple of goofs, but I can't really see it under 35-40, maybe 30 when I compete the rest of my gear.

Not even gonna try vet, heh.

I've only ran Maestrom ages ago maybe once or twice and was wondering; are weapons something that usually only drop in vet? What's the difference between vet and normal, just blue or purple reward quality?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

I want to make a tank once I get up to higher levels, but I'd also like to be able to do solo world content without too much fuss. Is it reasonable to just get all the skills and gear for both tank and solo damage? Seems like you'd have some trouble with attributes and champion points without constantly respeccing

Tbh you don't need respecs or separate gear set for dps unless you just get a huge boner from being able to kill a thing ~2 seconds faster than the next guy~. Overworld things melt even in tank gear, although you'll most likely want to swap sword and board out when soloing. On my latest tank I use eternal vigor, leeching plate and a monster set (I forget the name, the one that spawns a dwemer centurion to increase stamina and magicka) for both overworld soloing and dungeon tanking and it's doing the job great. Soloing wb's and soloable dungeons with the setup is also no problem.

Leeching plate is a set I give a massive recommendation for a soloing tank. It also drops in Imperial City Prison which is a pretty easy dungeon to tank and farm.

All that said, I do use a healing/dps companion which adds a bit speed to killing bosses.

e: Engine Guardian is the monster set I use. What can I say, I like having stamina and magicka :v:

Fewd fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 8, 2021

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Think all swap bars yes, you just miss too much by not having a pile of buffs or separate ranged/melee etc at backbar.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

Might give it a shot then. Sub optional just means I have to buy the game and DLCs and I can play it whenever, right?

In addition to all other benefits of subscribing is that you get a decent amount of crowns (Zenimax version of bullshit coins used in cash shop). Even if you don't use them yourself, you can sell them.

For selling I heartily recommend you don't go get scammed and lowballed on chat channels. Register for Crown Network or such and you can easily sell your crowns for much higher than what they go for on chat channels. You also get a broker for the trade so you don't get swindled. I sold all my sub crowns off a few weeks back and on CN they went for 1250:1 (-5% for broker). Best you can get on PC/EU atm on chat channels is 1000:1 without broker.

e: Just checked CN, it's 1500:1 atm :mrgw:

Fewd fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

Tbh don't bother with Alcast's copypaste builds unless you're at endgame and want some ideas on how to minmax your builds.

Everything is viable for overworld content so just go with whatever weaponry and such you like. Only thing to note is that you'll want to decide early do you want to go with stamina, magicka or hybrid and pick your character race accordingly. If you make a breton char and decide you wanna do bow/dual wield (stamina) dps after all then it's :confuoot: time.

You can respec your attributes, cp and skills for a small amount of gold but a race change costs a good amount of crowns.