Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

BisonDollah posted:

Well, that's poo poo. What if I get a house? Can I just put everything there so I can keep my group adventuring going? It very much hampers the mood.

At level 18 you get a 30 item capacity storage box for free as a level up reward. This box can be placed in as many homes as you want and can be used by your alts. The contents of the storage box are the same no matter where you access it so basically it is the item box from the Resident Evil series. You van also buy different versions of the storage including a 60 item version. Note that while crafting mats can be kept in the storage boxes the crafting stations cannot use the mats until they have been removed from the storage box.

Storage boxes can be purchased with the Crafting Writ currency (100 writs for the 30 item box and 200 writs for the 60 items) that is earned by completing Master Writs (blue or purple quality crafting writs) or purchased form the crown store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The only time I have ever crafted jewelry is for the couple of purple master writs that had 190 crafting writ rewards. Blue master writs with 30 writ rewards are not bad either. Just last night I did a purple master writ for an epic necklace with the robust trait for 194 writs. Still need 50-ish more master wits for Unsurpassed Crafter. :smith: ...and then another 13 styles for True Style Master :smithicide:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Can I get an invite to the crafting guild please? Might as well drop all my unwanted crafting stuff in there instead of the main guild. @MHKnights

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So Craglorn. Do the two group quests, The Corrupted Stone and The Shattered and the Lost require four players or can a single somewhat decent-ish play solo them? It seems like trying to get a group together for those quests or any of the group content in Craglorn could be difficult.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

Man these Psijic Order quests are bad. There's some dodgy quests but "go run a million miles to click the nine things without engaging in any narrative or actual gameplay" is pushing it. I just want some cool skills...

edit: oh neat I just looked up the exact locations for the next one and I have to explore 3 entire zones rather than 1 now.

It seemed to me like the Psijic Order quest line was supposed to be more like the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood in terms of structure but got cut down. The quests we did get feel like they were originally meant to be dailies.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Pierson posted:

Also most importantly how much stupid Elder Scrolls janky weird poo poo does the game contain?

The Murkmire DLC contains a lot of Argonian lore which is pretty unique. The Khajiit also get explored in the Elsweyr content. Orsinium is cool if you like Orcs. The Bosmer have some moments as well.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Wait.... what? Seriously?

E: holy poo poo Kate Beckinsale is Queen Ayrenn and Bill Nighy is King Emeric. I was pretty sure Peter Stormare was Jorunn already.

So that would explain why Ayrenn never showed up in Summerset even though her homeland was in danger. And well...no one cares about Emeric. Casting "well known" actors is a waste of money when they are not already tied to the property via a TV show or movie. Just cast the usual stable of video game/anime/cartoon voice talent and no one would know the difference. Like Steve Blum! Drink game: Start questing in Glenumbra and take a sip of Michelob/PBR/Old Milwaukee/etc every time you hear Steve Blum's voice.

FileNotFound posted:

A passable DPS build will hit 15k at minimum in a normal dungeon with no buffs on a single target. Which means the expected DPS in a normal group should be around 30k with the tank and healer sucking each other off and doing nothing at all to contribute to damage.

At 160cp with working sets, you should do at least ~25k by yourself as dps. I frequently find myself doing 60-80% of the dps in the groups. End game DPS expectations are 60k+

There is zero excuse for a CP160 DPS to do less than 15k dps or to run non set gear. You can easily hit 20k dps with crafted gear.

:roflolmao:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Working on the Lightbringer achievement?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

Eso does have the best housing in the business, which keeps me playing. Or at least installed.

And we will soon be able to have our pets, mounts, and servants wander around. And probably glitch out and end up under the house or on the roof.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Trastion posted:

Must be a PC thing because it's not happening to me on PS4. I have been doing Brotherhood stuff so I am always wanted by the guards and get stopped a lot. If I don't have much I just pay and only lose my stolen goods. If I have a lot of stuff I run...

PC gets updates before the consoles do. Consoles are usually a couple weeks to a month behind.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So what is Microsoft's track record with MMOs?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Was Ashron's Call 2 the last MMO MS actually released? I know they had, like every other publisher, a handful of MMOs in development during the MMO-rush of the late 2000s that never got released.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

DoriDori240 posted:

LOL Scy :allears:

Also, the witch writs: They are per writ, not writ value. It was like 12 or 13 writs to get the hat last year, and 25 for the title (iirc) So you can check in your journal under achievements and then holiday for the specifics and progress. Also LOL if they decided to stop having Hollowjack motifs drop after years of them being instant deletion material due to them dropping all the time. I'll log in and see if I have some stashed in my guild bank and dump them in the goon bank.

Is there a new hat this year?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Scyantific posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7w5pJCIOc

Hope y'all like copy paste material lol

It looks like we get more Argonian/Black Marsh content? Yay I guess? Other not all that excited.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a decent summary/write-up of the presentation somewhere?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Strokes-Own-Tail

Shaken-Not-Stirred

Eats-The-Bodies

Swap-Dot-Avi

Choker-Of-Chickens

Argonian-Saurus-Rex

Kills-Dies-Repeats

Rocks-Like-Hurricane

Cold-As-Ice

Rocks-All-Night

Parties-Every-Day

Back-In-Black

Shoots-To-Thrill

Whole-Lotta-Rosie

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The first set of endeavors are out.
Some tips:
The 2 chests can be dolmen chests.
The 15 kills from class abilities can be the 1HP things like shroom beetles or pony guars.
It's all account wide, so you can get the four blacksmith crafts using daily writ crafting on 2 characters, for example.

In case anyone can't find the Endeavors screen, it is on the Group (default p) screen.

Holy poo poo those prices are stupidly high! It will take several months to get even the mid tier rewards. I guess I could buy some riding training books for my alts.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

valuum posted:

Fuuuck. Crows are the best part of this game, that's totally unfair. Considering bank/merchant prices I'm not diving in for a "reskin" though :(

Yeah, even if you bought all your crowns at a deep discount they would still be $40+ dollars each. That is way too much for a minor convenience item.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

And this month's login grand prize is...150000 Alliance Points! Maybe one of these days I will bother spending them.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Make sure you do you daily log ins this month as 100,000 Gold is the big reward. Granted for some Goons that is pocket change but it seems like we have some new/returning players so free money time :homebrew:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Just saw the two new house guests that will be in the cash shop this month: Adusa-daro (Khajiit vampire) and Squire Caw (Blackfeather Court) Squire Caw is very tempting...

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

longtimelurker posted:

I'm guessing this game dooms all future single player games too.

Hardly, modern AAA games development/business practices will do that. There is a non zero chance ES6 could be a Fallout 76 style live service as FO76 has been very profitable for Bethesda. We will have to wait and see what kind of game Starfield actually is as its success or failure will heavily influence ES6.

If anything Bethesda may shift resources from ESO to ES6 and put ESO in maintenance mode. ESO may get updates but they will be smaller and more spread out. Also the updates will be focused on cash shop items to continue milking whatever whales remain.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Yet again I was hoping for a Maormer/Pyandonea expansion. More player races would be cool.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Spider? With all these legs we can go centipede!

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They felt you weren't tempted enough.
Here's the description on PTS now:

Bodes well to temper fears that this would be nerfed right away.

I am more worried about the requirements to obtain it.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

How important are dungeons to the story? Specifically I finally got around to finishing the Western Skyrim story but have not purchased the two dungeons the connect the Western Skyrim story to The Reach. Will I miss out on anything if I skip the dungeons and start the Reach story? I haven't purchased the last three or so dungeon packs because I couldn't justify paying $15-ish dollars for something I would only play through once.

Is there a free ESO+ weekend anytime soon?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Note there is also a Goon crafting guild called Deconstruct Circlejerk that has a lot of useful crafting stuff in it. Unfortunately I do not have invite privileges so i cannot accept join requests.

MH Knights fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 4, 2022

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

No, just crack the rock at the end and hope it's in there. It took me like 20 vents.

If you need help with the vents send in Thane.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

If you care about going in order one way not to be overwhelmed in the major cities is to not let anyone whisk you away to a secondary location out of the zone you're in. Most of that is dlc. If going in order doesn't matter to you then go nuts.

For alts, part of me wants to do the initial "breadcrumb" quests for the DLC/expacs so I don't have "DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!!!" screamed at me constantly.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Do we have any hints as to where the next expansion will take place? I seem to remember the peninsula east of Vvardenfell getting mentioned in the latest DLC.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

DoriDori240 posted:

Not sure if any of you are still in the deconstruction guild as well (I never was) but if you are, feel free to move any of that intricate gear over or use it to level up and alt or whatever. I will keep putting it in the main goon bank when there is room but if it's full I just end up deconstructing it myself for the mats which seems like a waste. Also I have a ton of motifs and plans to start dumping in there at some stage..

If I see the main Goon guild bank getting full I transfer intricate gear over to the crafting guild (Deconstruction Circlejerk). Unfortunately the Goons who had guild invite privileges or could promote others to be able to invite no longer play so new players have no way of accessing the crafting guild.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

One of the many quality of life things I would like to see in this game is an option for a "Guided Story Progression Mode" where you have to finish the various stories/DLCs/expansions in order. The quest givers that normally yell at you all the time would be hidden until you had reached that point in the story progression. At the very least it would be a nice option for bank alts, who I will never do any questing with, to not have quest givers constantly screaming at them.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I like this idea but I seriously think there isn't an order you can do things in that makes sense, Sai Sahan is Schrodinger's Dragonguard, seems to be both alive and missing at the same time no matter how I thread the needle

When does Sai go missing? Did you sacrifice him instead of the Prophet at the end of the main quest? Otherwise he pops in and out of the story as much as any of the other "major" characters.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I am leveling up a new character/bank alt and I just noticed yesterday that riding training is FINALLY tied the the daily reset time instead of a separate 20 hour cooldown. Did this happen in the most recent patch?

Also, my characters feel like they are moving faster since the last patch. Was something done to move speed?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The trumpet solo emote has sound and I cannot wait hear every single city sound like a vuvuzela convention.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Uh, didn't we just have a Whitestrake's Mayhem event a month ago? I usually ignore PvP events but did the last one to get the costume since it actually went with my character's theme.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Just how big is Cyrodil compared to other zones? It is the only zone I ever run out of mount stamina, when doing scouting dailies, which only happens in other zones if I am purposely trying to run out of stamina. Granted, Cyrodil may be a huge zone but it is a very empty zone and shows why bigger does not always mean better when designing game zones.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So it looks like Zenimax Online Studios (ZOS) treats trans people like trash. (note: summary at 3:50:24) It really sucks as trans people have so few legal protections so depending on where the jurisdiction is ZOS could get away with this.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Ossipago posted:

If you're like me and the bar swapping and weaving combat doesn't click for you: single bar heavy attack builds work fine, can be competitive with the meta if you have the Oakensoul legendary. I had fizzled out on the game but changing to an Oakensoul build and plugging in an old xbox controller (default mappings on PC are surprisingly good) made it a whole new game.

Getting Oakensoul is a major hurdle though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So with the ESO+ weekend I have been running the dungeons I haven't purchased (the second set of Greymoor dungeons forward). I got down to Bal Sunnar (most recent set) and Red Petal Bastion. Bal Sunnar came up four times and every time the tank and/or healer would leave immediately. Is this dungeon hated for some reason? The one time we got the the first boss we didn't have a tank so the healer was very busy. The healer then bailed after that.

My first attempt at Graven Deep had the tank quit immediately and the other DPS said it takes longer than normal as most players want to do the optional bosses for an arch lead.